• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

carrying at work

Im a carpenter, 80% of the time while at work I wear a tool belt making it very difficult (if not impossible) to conceal carry. Wether you're blue or white collar, Im interested how you guys (and gals) have gotten around this? Do you carry at work? Does your work place allow it? And do you give a crap if they allow it or not? How do you carry at work?

work wont let us. even though they are pro 2a. we do work for alll kinds of places like schools, banks, various high end security places. Also TONS of liberals who would throw a fit. Liberals will pay hand over fist for a security system but not a gun to protect themselves.

Ankle holster or pocket carry would be my suggestion. I don't think that you're going to find too many employers who are going to say "sure! Carry whatever you want!" Don't ask, don't tell comes to mind then. In the end, it's up to you to decide what your safety and the safety of your coworkers is worth to you.

Some companies have a no firearms policy.

If you believe that policy will keep you safe I recommend that you do not carry, otherwise do what makes you feel safe.

I, personally, would think a tool belt makes it easier to carry. It adds bulk to a "common" carry area.

My new company policy says 'possession of a firearm on company property in violation of state or federal laws is cause for termination at management's discretion'. My manager says that since I am licensed then no violation of company policy. Of course, concealed is concealed.

I very rarely carry at work, but I also keep a pistol rug and lock in my shop in case I need it.

I pocket carry a Bodyguard .380. There's nothing in the employee handbook that forbids it and a few other guys there also carry. I'm pretty sure the owner is unaware and I don't think he would want to fire anyone over it if he found out. I think the advice that you'll get from most gun folks is that if it's not expressly forbidden then carry on, keep it concealed and DON'T TELL ANYONE at work.

Do you carry at work? Does your work place allow it? And do you give a crap if they allow it or not? How do you carry at work?

No comment. No. No. Appendix (hypothetically speaking of course).

I've heard through the grapevine that our security head's idea of a response to active shooter is to lock off the floors and let the floor dwellers fend for themselves. EFF THAT NOISE.

My work has a "no weapons" policy. I pocket carry a PM9 in a DeSantis Nemesis. Never told anyone I carry, no one ever asked.

Depends how you wear your bags I guess. Pouches to the rear, you could pocket carry while having easy access I would think. Pouches to the front, it'll be difficult to pocket carry, you may be able to pull off iwb if you wear your bags a bit lower than your belt.

My work has a no weapons policy. As a maintenance tech for a production plant I move around a lot. Ladders, squeezing in tight areas, bending weird ways etc. Theres always people around so for me to carry it would be difficult. My boss is extremely 2a as well as a few others but theyre not nearly as active as I am in the plant. I know concealed is concealed but I havent gotten the nads to try it yet.

My company has a strict no guns in the workplace policy. I adhere to it because I really like my job. It does not say anything about a knife at all, so I carry one of those instead.

Why does a tool belt make it difficult to CC? As long as you wear your tool belt just a bit lower than your belt line, which is how I used to do it, it shouldn't interfere at all, right?

The majority of companies have a no weapons policy.

Get caught with a gun = instant termination.

Better check the HR policies first.

I work in the city and my company's employee handbook explicitly states no firearms on premises unless a you are an officer of the law, entering the building on official business. More important than my job is getting home to my family alive....concealed is concealed.

Oh, and I carry IWB @ 4 o'clock

in my old place that had a 'no weapons' policy I pocket carried a .380
New job is in RI so until i get a license here its just some pepper spray in the pocket. That said, if i get a ltc in RI i will pocket carry even if we have a 'no weapons' policy at the new place (i havnt asked and they havnt told me).

My company has a no weapons policy. But If I did choose to ignore it, I would use the concealed compartment in my 511 backpack. Fits a SR9c and couple of extra mags nicely. Or so I've been told. Of course, trigger lock to comply with MGLs.

More people are killed by hammers than guns. Assuming you carry a hammer, you're already covered.

My work has a "no weapons" policy, which AFAIK is as open-ended as it sounds. I have no need to carry though because we have chain-link fences, turnstiles, unarmed security and a solid shelter-in-place plan complete with posted maps showing where to congregate. Fortunately there are many people to choose from when selecting human shields.

More people are killed by hammers than guns. Assuming you carry a hammer, you're already covered.

My work has a "no weapons" policy, which AFAIK is as open-ended as it sounds. I have no need to carry though because we have chain-link fences, turnstiles, unarmed security and a solid shelter-in-place plan complete with posted maps showing where to congregate. Fortunately there are many people to choose from when selecting human shields.

But no "gun free zone" sign? oh man, you're ****ed.

Back
Top Bottom