• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cape Gun Works & Baystate Firearms File Suit v Healey

I'm surprised that Smith and Wesson is always so glaringly silent on issues that directly impact their business. They literally do nothing to help remove the idiocy from their home state. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if some of these "I can't tell if it's legal or not" rifles are M&P15s. The bottom line for me is that if these guys start to choke up once more from slow gun sales then I say let them go under and then let some buyer out in Texas buy them up for pennies on the dollar and finally move them out of MA for good.

I'm surprised that Smith and Wesson is always so glaringly silent on issues that directly impact their business. They literally do nothing to help remove the idiocy from their home state. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if some of these "I can't tell if it's legal or not" rifles are M&P15s. The bottom line for me is that if these guys start to choke up once more from slow gun sales then I say let them go under and then let some buyer out in Texas buy them up for pennies on the dollar and finally move them out of MA for good.

MA is a small enough market that they give few f***s about us. Now buy this M&P 18.12345 with the weirdass length barrel and give them your money!

Didn't they donate some trivial sum to goal or something when the crown's edict was first handed down? I agree, though, if you are a gun company in MA, you have a duty to help fund legal action if MA goes full retard on guns, because eventually Healy will tell the manufacturers that they are no longer allowed to build assault rifles in MA or that they're not allowed to produce assault klipz or something. Kahr, Savage, and any other manufacturers needs to get on board too. Maybe the manufacturers all got letters from the Kommissar herself saying "Shut up, OR ELSE!"

Just because a company doesn't hold a media event to discuss what their doing doesn't mean that they aren't doing something. Some people/companies wear their activities on their sleeves whereas others like to do something behind the scenes.

So it may not be safe to assume that S&W isn't doing anything.

Personally I'm one of those people who likes to stay out of the lime-light and do things in the background. I've met with legislative leaders privately, done the same in my town when something wasn't quite right, donated money without showing receipts/bragging about the amount, etc.

I attended a hearing on a bill that would improve the process of serving legal process. Legislators were attentive, asked pertinent questions and definitely gave a vibe that they would be taking action. As the hearing ended, the lobbyist for the Sheriffs Assn went in the back room with those legislators and sabotaged the bill. He never refuted the testimony that the Constables Assn gave in the hearing, but privately took the action he was paid to do to make sure that it never saw the light of day.

Unless someone has real inside information that S&W does nothing, I wouldn't be one to draw that conclusion.

Didn't they donate some trivial sum to goal or something when the crown's edict was first handed down? I agree, though, if you are a gun company in MA, you have a duty to help fund legal action if MA goes full retard on guns, because eventually Healy will tell the manufacturers that they are no longer allowed to build assault rifles in MA or that they're not allowed to produce assault klipz or something. Kahr, Savage, and any other manufacturers needs to get on board too. Maybe the manufacturers all got letters from the Kommissar herself saying "Shut up, OR ELSE!"

Smith and wesson donated $500,000 to NSSF to help fight this case.... I don't think that is a trivial sum

Last edited:
It's just amazing and somewhat disheartening that we are still fighting another oppressive, tyrannical government since the BoR were ratified in 1791. The phrase, "shall not be infringed" couldn't have been written more clearly with regard to its meaning. It's also a testimony to us that our resolve to keep fighting shall not wither!

Never, never, give up! ~ Winston Churchill

too bad she doesn't need to spend a single one of her FRNs for legal fees to fight this suit. That honor falls on the good taxpayers of MA and she's all to happy to use as much of your money as she can to get her way. Ain't democracy grand?

Imagine the Founding Fathers seeing this. "WHAT THE FARK HAPPENED???" G-dub would be taking an axe to her ankles, cherry-tree style.

I honestly don't care if it comes out of the AGs budget or the general fund... every nickel spent defending her BS is a nickel not spent elsewhere. It'll be a line item come budget time. Just because she has "nothing" to lose doesn't mean we don't have something to "win"

As if they'd take $ from elsewhere in teh budget to plug that hole. LOL. They run OVER on collections and race around to spend the $.

Just because a company doesn't hold a media event to discuss what their doing doesn't mean that they aren't doing something. Some people/companies wear their activities on their sleeves whereas others like to do something behind the scenes.

So it may not be safe to assume that S&W isn't doing anything.

Personally I'm one of those people who likes to stay out of the lime-light and do things in the background. I've met with legislative leaders privately, done the same in my town when something wasn't quite right, donated money without showing receipts/bragging about the amount, etc.

I attended a hearing on a bill that would improve the process of serving legal process. Legislators were attentive, asked pertinent questions and definitely gave a vibe that they would be taking action. As the hearing ended, the lobbyist for the Sheriffs Assn went in the back room with those legislators and sabotaged the bill. He never refuted the testimony that the Constables Assn gave in the hearing, but privately took the action he was paid to do to make sure that it never saw the light of day.

Unless someone has real inside information that S&W does nothing, I wouldn't be one to draw that conclusion.

I'd be shouting it from the rooftops. And I'd be mentioning how it might affect the X# of JOBS this state has because of my company being here.

Smith and wesson donated $500.000 to NSSF to help fight this case.... I don't this that is a trivial sum

I'm assuming either you are European or that's a typo. $500K?

She must have a budget right? Can't be just unlimited legal fees.

Healey had to go before the Joint Committee on Ways & Means and ask for a bigger budget due to her lawsuits. She used the "because Trump" excuse. To my knowledge that increase was granted.

Healey had to go before the Joint Committee on Ways & Means and ask for a bigger budget due to her lawsuits. She used the "because Trump" excuse. To my knowledge that increase was granted.

All those greedy bastards love money more than they lose causes. The more money she asks for the more annoyed they’ll get.

Of course it was. "Because Trump," will get her anything she wants from the Legislature.

Please EVERYONE, don't forget to Vote next month and especially this fall for the AG seat. You don't have to be in love with the candidates, I know I'm not, BUT we sure as hell know who we don't want! Remember all the naysayers that said there was NO WAY Trump would get elected.There is only one legal way to get M.H. out of office, FIRE HER ASS!!!! Now who's with me???
This x10000000000!

IMHO...In cahoots!
I swear the greedy MA legislators would be ok with the manufacture of illegal heroin here as long as they received revenue from it...and it wasn't "pushed" on sacred MA moonbat soil!

Ill be up front, not saying its not really ok to stay silent for S&W, but you figure someone almost entirely AR15 based like Troy and Yankee Hill would be a little more vocal as well.

The YHM guys have been working with GOAL and are very helpful. They've also testified numerous times at public hearings.

Some one needs to file a law suit in a different court than suffolk county court because her girlfriend is a judge there.

I think some one needs to file a suit in a federal court in another state like she does all the time like file a suit in NH or Utha claiming that not being able to ship guns to Massachusetts is hurting there lively hood to make money.

Then hopefully we get a judgement in are favor for once.

Plus we will never get a fair shake in Ma because there is no judge that will go against the AG because there would be back lash and repercussions from the DB-AG...

Last edited:

Some good it did...

Wait! First you bitch that S&W donated a "trivial sum" Then are told it's a Half million so you complain that it didn't do any good?

This is still an active lawsuit so I'm betting the money is still being put to good use.

Wait! First you bitch that S&W donated a "trivial sum" Then are told it's a Half million so you complain that it didn't do any good?

This is still an active lawsuit so I'm betting the money is still being put to good use.

Its a matter of scale. To my broke ass, a half mil would be the best thing in the world and I'd probably be set for the next 5 years, but in the realm of government, giant corporations, and the legal system, it ain't shit. That sum was probably spent a month after it was received.

Its a matter of scale. To my broke ass, a half mil would be the best thing in the world and I'd probably be set for the next 5 years, but in the realm of government, giant corporations, and the legal system, it ain't shit. That sum was probably spent a month after it was received.

And how much did you contribute? S&W is a public company and they cannot just throw all their profits towards anything they want. A half million is a good chunk of change for any company.

^^^ Great speech. Interesting guy.

“Security, get them out of here. Hey I think they’re giving away free pot at city hall, why don’t you go down there.”

lol

MA is a small enough market that they give few f***s about us. Now buy this M&P 18.12345 with the weirdass length barrel and give them your money!

But it doesn't have to be a small market. In other states you see gun shops advertising on the morning news. Why the hell wouldn't the largest manufacturer in the state put some marketing money into where they sleep.

But it doesn't have to be a small market. In other states you see gun shops advertising on the morning news. Why the hell wouldn't the largest manufacturer in the state put some marketing money into where they sleep.

MA is a very wealthy state with pretty decent overall firearm sales numbers and a massive increase in gun sales over the past 10 years. Why do think even HK when through the trouble of getting its pistols approved?

Annnd you are serious. So you feel you should have say over how someone else spends their money... got it.

MA is a very wealthy state with pretty decent overall firearm sales numbers and a massive increase in gun sales over the past 10 years. Why do think even HK when through the trouble of getting its pistols approved?
Mass a wealthy state LOL [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom