Cancelling your NRA membership makes you part of the problem

**** the NRA. And **** you for feeling the need to start a thread like this. You are the ****ing problem. You're not a cuck. That's too high of a ranking for you.

The NRA is ****ing gun owners. Anyone giving the NRA money is an *******.

giphy.gif

Maybe it's time for a serious and concerted effort to push the NRA in the direction we need it to go - i.e. not so blatantly pro-law-enforcement, actually giving a **** about states like MA, standing firm on issues we need them to, etc.

One thought I had about them is that they ought to try and publicize their gun safety education more (to non gun owners), and be more visible on the causes that we all agree are really behind the mass shootings. And what I DO NOT ****ING MEAN is nonsense like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-states-have-that-now/?utm_term=.30ced26c2fa5

That, right there, is the product of a diseased mind. They're statist Republicans, not Libertarians. I think a lot of their rhetoric is starting to do more harm than good as the Republican party looks weaker and more impotent every day. There are many people on this board who could put a more coherent and acceptable message together than those dummies.

Dude any money the NRA spends in MA, NJ, NY, CA are wasted dollars. The states are the battlegrounds but the federal level shit is the actual war. They can't piss away all their resources on one shitty battleground of the enemies choosing.

Ultimately it's the federal level stuff that matters. If you want a candidate to lose an election in MA, have the NRA endorse him. You guys know this stuff.

Even Sun Tsu taught about giving up ground to the enemy in order to win the war.

So true. Ask Hitler and Napolean about that strategy. They were on the receiving end. Can't have it all

**** the NRA. And **** you for feeling the need to start a thread like this. You are the ****ing problem. You're not a cuck. That's too high of a ranking for you.

The NRA is ****ing gun owners. Anyone giving the NRA money is an *******.

Whatever dude. Come up with something better then. He is right like it or not. Gun rights have moved light years ahead because of the NRA. Even with some of these horrible shootings. So piss and moan if you want but I'll continue to support the NRA. I don't think it's a waste of money. Look at countries that don't have an NRA and get back to me about gun rights.
And don't mention Israel and the Swiss. I am talking civilian ownership rights. None are as good as ours. And that is in part because of the NRA. Am I a total fan-nope. But I see it's usefulness.

**** the NRA.....they screw us every time things get dicey

Look at how many times NRA Rep Hohenwarter has screwed NH, Pa and a bunch off other states

I used to think that way, then some people told me how the NRA supports COMM2A and GOAL, they just don't announce it.

I think the NRA is making a mistake here, unless there is some significant trade off, such as real national reciprocity. The NRA, of all organizations, should know that giving in on any issue is the start down a slippery slope. They've said as much on many occasions.
I'm a Life Member and have no plans to tear up my card. I think the better route is to let them know that you think they are wrong and that you expect them to change their position.

The answer to crime is not to punish law abiding citizens. If the POS in Las Vegas had rented a truck and run over a couple of hundred people, would Schmuch Chumer be calling for a ban on rental trucks? Would he say "No one needs to rent a truck with over a 1 ton capacity?" Would he call for all drivers to surrender their licenses?

imo i think they are taking the bullet so that further anti gun legislation doesn't pass, if this thing wasnt a gimmick thing their story would be different

The NRA pretty consistently cucks and gives ground. We have seen where decades of "compromise" has gotten us, I will give my money to organizations that have a spine. The notion that we have to support the NRA because they're the biggest org is a never-ending loop. If the NRA went away tomorrow a different group would step in and fill the void, likely with more tenacity and vigor. This shit isn't about bumpstocks, it's about not giving a single inch, because the communist leftists will always squeeze more out of us.

If the NRA un****s itself, I'll be happy to renew my membership.

If a petition to get Wayne LePierre ousted was to be circulated, how many voting members of NES are in? There is a thread on arfcom discussing the possibility.

This is one of those important times to renew or increase support for ALL national AND local gun rights groups.

We need their lobbying abilities at all levels to educate uninformed or incorrectly informed law makers. There are links at the bottom of my signature for the ones I currently support.

The NRA said what they said to get a seat at the table and be able to influence the vote. Lets not be divisive - that is exactly what the opposition wants. As Pelosi said the Dems are looking at exploiting all they can from the recent tragedy.

Last edited:
This is one of those important times to renew or increase support for ALL national AND local gun rights groups.

We need their lobbying abilities at all levels to educate uninformed or incorrectly informed law makers. There are links at the bottom of my signature for the ones I currently support.

The NRA said what they said to get a seat at the table and be able to influence the vote. Lets not be decisive - that is exactly what the opposition wants. As Pelosi said the Dems are looking at exploiting all they can from the recent tragedy.

You can be certain that if NRA's numbers drop, the left will say "See! Even former members of the NRA think they are too extreme in their support of the 2A. Their numbers dropped."

You are better off keeping your membership and calling them to emphasize the vigor with which you want them to not give an inch. But that is harder and more expensive.

Can we replace him with Colion Noir please? That would really confuse all the liberals.
Sounds good to me. He's a hundred times better than LePierre.
ETA: Colion Noir has come out defending LePierre, he is no longer a viable replacement.

Last edited:
I think the NRA is making a mistake here, unless there is some significant trade off, such as real national reciprocity. The NRA, of all organizations, should know that giving in on any issue is the start down a slippery slope. They've said as much on many occasions.
I'm a Life Member and have no plans to tear up my card. I think the better route is to let them know that you think they are wrong and that you expect them to change their position.

The answer to crime is not to punish law abiding citizens. If the POS in Las Vegas had rented a truck and run over a couple of hundred people, would Schmuch Chumer be calling for a ban on rental trucks? Would he say "No one needs to rent a truck with over a 1 ton capacity?" Would he call for all drivers to surrender their licenses?

I'm not tearing up my card anytime soon, but unless there is something behind the scenes with this move , I think they screwed up bad.
Give it a few days and all your going to see is crowing from the rooftops about how they have they NRA on the ropes and they won.

I'm just kicking back waiting for the new commercials NRA LIGHT " Tastes like liberal ass with less capacity "

Let us also consider the overarching political situation BEFORE this event.

1) Trump was elected, I believe at least in part, on the idea that Hillary is a gun grabber. Many of the "nons" think gun grabbing is a bad idea, even if they don't want guns themselves. They like the idea that people have the freedom to protect themselves. So many "nons", when it came to the ballot box, voted Trump.

2) The "nons" that fall on the liberal side, not included in #1, were dismayed at the Trump victory. For the first time they actually saw the government as something that could harm them. Posts about "this is how the Nazis got started", etc. Many of those liberal "nons" for the first time started thinking that they may want to own a gun. They see the point that "gun control" is really a "government monopoly on guns" and with people like Trump in charge, they don't like it.

I think the NRA sees these nons as the key to preserving gun rights. Pro-2a won't have a majority in government forever. They need to build a base that can withstand D's controlling the white house and congress. I believe the NRA's strategy is to help solidify their support. I don't think I agree with it, but from a strategic point of view it makes some sense.

One more...

This is from an AP newswire article. AP isn't supposed to be offering opinions, yet it seems they are implying what is suggested below. IMO, this is good news. People don't trust the MSM, so the MSM calling out the NRA's motives is ok. People will read this and say "geesh, the NRA isn't bad, but the media will do everything they can to make them look evil".

https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2017/10/07/vegas-gunman-might-have-hired-prostitute

IS NRA PROPOSAL A TRICK?Some gun industry experts say the National Rifle Association’s push for “bump stocks” to be re-evaluated by the government after the Las Vegas massacre is little more than a ruse to stall any momentum for wider gun control.
Adam Winkler, author of “Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America,” said the NRA “can throw a sacrificial lamb of bump stocks because they know that gun owners don’t use them or like them.”
The devices, originally intended to help people with disabilities, fit over the stock and pistol grip of a semi-automatic rifle and allow the weapon to fire continuously, mimicking a fully automatic firearm. Bump stocks were found among Paddock’s arsenal in his hotel room.
It was not immediately clear whether President Donald Trump or Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who oversees the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, could order it to re-evaluate its judgment about devices.

The NRA needs to be taught a lesson by its members

Like politicians, the only thing that actually registers with them is withholding money and letters of disgust in combination

In lots of ways they are like petulent children

Withhold their treats and berate them until they change their behavior

If you fail to withhold money and chastise them then they will continue to behave like petulent children

Is that what you’re doing to NES? Teaching us a lesson by not becoming a member? Holding your money until NES becomes as perfect as you want it to be?

If you think that the RKBA landscape has improved and that the NRA is the prime mover behind that then you're not paying attention to whats happening in the courts and legislatures across the country.

Take Heller for example......you may benefit from brushing up on your history of where the NRA was wrt this case......they actively tried to undermine and derail it until the last minute when all of their attempts to stop it failed.....then they got on board because it became evident that Heller was going to win.....and where would the NRA be if they were on the losing side of the biggest federal RKBA case of the century?

More importantly what would that do to revenue for the NRA?

Maybe you also want to do some research into the dirty shit that NRA/ILA reps to various states have enguaged in

A number of years back the NRA/ILA undermined a solid pro 2a incumbant candidate who was clearly going to win re-election in Md legislature to support a primary challenger who was a douchnozzle with no record as I recall

Here in NH we have Hohenwarter douche nozzle who threatened NH Senators with bad NRA ratings to derail our con carry bill a couple years back when we had supermajorities to override a veto by Lynch.....pushed con carry back YEARS in NH.....that douche has done similar things in Pa.....go do a little research

The NRA does some good things.....primarily their training programs, especially for kids.....but at the end off the day the NRA is a money/power machine and they have less interest in actually defending RKBA and MORE interest in aquisition of money/power......

NRA is increasingly becoming the broken clock that tells the right time twice a day

Don't pay the dues then. Save the $40 and do whatever.

Last edited:
If you think that the RKBA landscape has improved and that the NRA is the prime mover behind that then you're not paying attention to whats happening in the courts and legislatures across the country.

Take Heller for example......you may benefit from brushing up on your history of where the NRA was wrt this case......they actively tried to undermine and derail it until the last minute when all of their attempts to stop it failed.....then they got on board because it became evident that Heller was going to win.....and where would the NRA be if they were on the losing side of the biggest federal RKBA case of the century?

More importantly what would that do to revenue for the NRA?

Maybe you also want to do some research into the dirty shit that NRA/ILA reps to various states have enguaged in

A number of years back the NRA/ILA undermined a solid pro 2a incumbant candidate who was clearly going to win re-election in Md legislature to support a primary challenger who was a douchnozzle with no record as I recall

Here in NH we have Hohenwarter douche nozzle who threatened NH Senators with bad NRA ratings to derail our con carry bill a couple years back when we had supermajorities to override a veto by Lynch.....pushed con carry back YEARS in NH.....that douche has done similar things in Pa.....go do a little research

The NRA does some good things.....primarily their training programs, especially for kids.....but at the end off the day the NRA is a money/power machine and they have less interest in actually defending RKBA and MORE interest in aquisition of money/power......

NRA is increasingly becoming the broken clock that tells the right time twice a day

Thanks. I had no idea the NRA tried to derail Heller, but it makes sense given their consistent track record of strongly supporting gun control down to writing restrictions into bills.

Here is a short history of their long game of betrayals.

When I see things change in MA as a direct result of the NRA, I'll join. Otherwise, I'm keeping my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I can't argue that but even after all the BS over the past 10 years you think the NRA would have more than 5mil members. IF the NRA became a 10mil plus member organization I think we would have a much needed pull on the 2nd.
Goes with any of the pro 2a groups.
Here in MA we have approx 500,000 licensed gun owners. 4.2 million registered voters and 52% unenrolled we wonder why things don't go in our favor. Not enough of us are in our reps ears and head enough.
I use gun club member ship and member voting as an example
I,belong to 2 clubs with excess of 1k full time members. If I remember correctly we average approx 200 votes yearly club use per membership card scan is very low also.
I know 10-15 people with in 5 miles of me with guns and I can't get them to do shit with or for guns.,

The problem being is the NRA has given in many times. NFA 1936 , GCA 1968, import ban 1988?, AWB 1996- I don't know if the NRA played a part in the sunset clause?
NRA is like a good and bad thing. Maybe stick their fingers in to keep us from getting completely screwed but allowing a bit of that finger to be cut off in the process.
Maybe just maybe some day the NRA will say enough is enough "Will not be infringed" will be the standing ground....maybe "will not be infringed any further" . The entire thing sucks. We as pro 2a need to just become a thorn in the sides of all the groups and out reps.

Back
Top Bottom