• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cancelling your NRA membership makes you part of the problem

I have no problem saying this, and it deserves its own thread.

If you care about your gun rights, you should support the NRA. If you don't like the decisions the NRA makes, there is a democratic process within the organization by which you can change that.

God knows I don't agree with the NRA on everything, including their recent decision to back restrictions on bump stocks, but I understand the political reality in which they operate.

They rely on their membership to represent gun owners. Say what you want, but if you like the fact that you can buy ARs and PMags and that the gun industry is booming, they and their supporters are largely to thank. You and your lack of membership out of protest has been anything but helpful.

/Rant

Mike

If you care about your gun rights, you should support the NRA. If you don't like the decisions the NRA makes, there is a democratic process within the organization by which you can change that.

God knows I don't agree with the NRA on everything, including their recent decision to back restrictions on bump stocks, but I understand the political reality in which they operate.

They rely on their membership to represent gun owners. Say what you want, but if you like the fact that you can buy ARs and PMags and that the gun industry is booming, they and their supporters are largely to thank. You and your lack of membership out of protest has been anything but helpful.

/Rant

Mike

**** the NRA.....they screw us every time things get dicey

Look at how many times NRA Rep Hohenwarter has screwed NH, Pa and a bunch off other states

Agreed- my thread was simply showing my extreme displeasure. I will be using my right to vote to voice that as well. NRA will always get my $$$ in the end.

/Rant

Mike

Agree completely. Without the NRA we could be sitting here exactly under the same set of circumstances post Las Vegas with Hillary Clinton as President. IMAGINE what could happen....we literally could have been looking at a permanent semi-auto ban...

I disagree with the NRA and hate compromising with the devil, but ask yourself this, who do you love or even like that makes a decision that you like every single day always....

You wouldn't leave your wife because she didn't make you a sandwich, don't leave the NRA because they bumped slidefire....

I thought that NRA doesn't give a shit about filthy, commie MA where nothing could be changed. This is the place where even R governors want to ban things.

I don't know about democratic process within NRA, but voting with memberships does work because even NRA looks at their money income more than some votes or letters.

Agreed- my thread was simply showing my extreme displeasure. I will be using my right to vote to voice that as well. NRA will always get my $$$ in the end.

And thats exactly why the NRA will continue to **** us....there are no consequences to ****ing its constituents when people like you continue to give money no matter what they do

- - - Updated - - -

they tried to wreck Heller too.

Correct

They only go on board last minute when they realized Heller and Bob Levy were going to win.......how disaterous would it have appeared for them to be on the wrong side of THAT one

Life member here. Like it or not it’s all we got. They take ALL the heat for every shooting. If it wasn’t for them it would be us taking the heat direct.

Life member here. Like it or not it’s all we got. They take ALL the heat for every shooting. If it wasn’t for them it would be us taking the heat direct.

Sounds like another battered mass gun owner suffering from stockholm syndrome

And thats exactly why the NRA will continue to **** us....there are no consequences to ****ing its constituents when people like you continue to give money no matter what they do

- - - Updated - - -

Correct

They only go on board last minute when they realized Heller and Bob Levy were going to win.......how disaterous would it have appeared for them to be on the wrong side of THAT one

You won’t even pony up a few bucks to be a member here? Looks like no one meets your strict standards to get your money?

I thought that NRA doesn't give a shit about filthy, commie MA where nothing could be changed. This is the place where even R governors want to ban things.

I don't know about democratic process within NRA, but voting with memberships does work because even NRA looks at their money income more than some votes or letters.

Dude any money the NRA spends in MA, NJ, NY, CA are wasted dollars. The states are the battlegrounds but the federal level shit is the actual war. They can't piss away all their resources on one shitty battleground of the enemies choosing.

Ultimately it's the federal level stuff that matters. If you want a candidate to lose an election in MA, have the NRA endorse him. You guys know this stuff.

Even Sun Tsu taught about giving up ground to the enemy in order to win the war.

You won’t even pony up a few bucks to be a member here? Looks like no one meets your strict standards to get your money?

The inverse is that you cant even move out of Mass and are a donor to the machine that actively works to violate our rights every day

Want to compare how much you pay in taxes to the dem machine that violates our rights every single day vs how much I have not yet sent in to renew my green status?

NRA = No Rights Acknowledged.

I'd rather buy ammo for the impending war in this country.

Think about what they actually said about the stupid bump stocks. "Let the ATF review it."

What is wrong with that? The ATF has already reviewed and blessed off the bump sticks. This keeps the .gov from having to pass a ruling either way.

If the dems won the vote, we lose bump stocks and the shitlibs get a win and some momentum.

If the republicans win and we get to keep the useless bump stocks, it throws more gas on the fire about how white men are ruining the country. It's a lose lose vote for us.

The NRA's solution passes the buck to an agency both sides of the voting block already don't like. Let them own it. This also paints the NRA in a good light for the lefties.

It's actually a genius move if you cool down and think about it for a minute. This slide fire thing is now a burning bag of political dog shit that SOMEONE has to stomp out thanks to the Vegas nightmare.

The NRA threw the burning bag of dog shit on the doorstep of our biggest opponent, rang the doorbell and walked away laughing

Last edited:
Think about what they actually said about the stupid bump stocks. "Let the ATF review it."

What is wrong with that? The ATF has already reviewed and blessed off the bump sticks. This keeps the .gov from having to pass a ruling either way.

If the dems won the vote, we lose bump stocks and the shitlibs get a win and some momentum.

If the republicans win and we get to keep the useless bump stocks, it throws more gas on the fire about how white men are ruining the country. It's a lose lose vote for us.

The NRA's solution passes the buck to an agency both sides of the voting block already don't like. Let them own it. This also paints the NRA in a good light for the lefties.

It's actually a genius move if you cool down and think about it for a minute.

Never thought about it that way but great point.

If you care about gun rights you should support an organization that is okay with infringements? And if you don't you are part of the problem? [rolleyes]

**** the NRA.....they screw us every time things get dicey

Look at how many times NRA Rep Hohenwarter has screwed NH, Pa and a bunch off other states

NH has screwed itself with it's retarded 2A organizations. I said this in the other thread, but if we did not have the NRA, we would be like Austraila and the UK already.

/Rant

Mike

Fully agree. To stop supporting the NRA, GOAL or any Pro-Gun group due to the loss of Bump-Fire stocks is very short sighted and will only hurt us in the long run.

The NRA works in the world of Realpolitik. They understand the political climate. Many operate in the world of internet unreality where ideology trumps (no pun intended) reality, a world where the words should and ought prevail. The average American actually believes what they were taught (if they were taught) in high school civics or political science 101 in college which isn't exactly how politics or government works. Politics and governance is the art of the doable . I wish that that a lot of things that ought were like unicorns but aren't, plain and simple.

So you don't support the NRA...and ? What happens ? You'll show them by golly. So you will get on every firearm forum and rant your little heart out about how "unfair" everything is and how the libtards have succeeded in destroying your freedom. So what are ya gonna do about it?

Sad to say but most of you who are the biggest complainers probably never even wanted a bump fire and now everyone wants one. Not a major seller, but gee willy whiz bang you can go out to the range and zip through a couple of hundred rounds in no time at all. How fun is that, the thrill of almost full auto, never mind that accuracy goes to hell and no marksmanship is really involved, just let 'er rip, but it is your God Given inalienable right to own one, I get it and now the big bad NRA might support some kind of control on this device, we don't know what, but it's enough to get your undies in a snit, I get it.

Look, the tragedy of Las Vegas has set us back I don't know how far. It's taken suppressors off the table, and more than likely national reciprocity too. The knee jerkers and the anti's have just won a major victory for their side by the act of a deranged madman. Thank God he wasn't an NRA member (as far as we know).

Now ask yourself one very simple question: Where would we be today, without the NRA ? Would the situation for gun owners in the United States (I'm not talking Massachusetts) be better or worse ? I think you already know the answer to that one. The NRA still makes elements of the anti-gun community shiver in their shoes. This is something many of you seem to forget, also too forget the quaint notion that R's are for the 2A and D's are against it. At the grassroots level this isn't always the case, anyway. How many of you breathed a sigh of relief when Trump was elected and kind of slacked off? Too many...the situation can change in an instant, and any politician can change overnight. Remember Scott Brown, Jane Swift our GOAL poster children ?

Unless you are ready to lead us in a new civil war, it's highly likely that new gun legislation is coming and that there will be bi-partisan support and at least a nod from the NRA. Why ? The NRA has to maintain a positive public relations posture with the majority of the American people, most of whom do not place the 2A as their highest priority. Oh, sure there are plenty of gun culture states, but in terms of political, social and economic importance (with few exceptions) lack the clout of NY, CA and even MA.

So give up on the NRA. The British had a weak NRA that was totally devoted to hunting and competitive shooting and look where that got them. So who among you is going to step up to the plate and really do something other than resign and protest. Sure, there are other organizations out there but they pale in comparison to the clout and political influence of the NRA and is Realpolitik...like it or not.

Last edited:
Dude any money the NRA spends in MA, NJ, NY, CA are wasted dollars. The states are the battlegrounds but the federal level shit is the actual war. They can't piss away all their resources on one shitty battleground of the enemies choosing.

I don't think so, it matters how money are spent. The problem is that they fight an old fashioned way, lobby, endorsing candidates, sponsoring lawsuits. I don't think that it's super effective.

Actually, it would be the most effective to take fight here in MA or NJ or CA, but not in a conventional sort of way. You got to nuke the serpent's nest where they breed, not in the red states where they try to spread.

I feel like NRA is a dinosaur that never really tested to survive. There is just nothing better, kind of like the election.

Nice try but you'll never change the minds of the NBA haters among us. They are not perfect, so some people here just will not support the largest second ammendment preservation tool we have.
These are the same people who said Scott Brown wasn't the perfect senator. Now we have Liz Warren. Massachusetts gun owners are their own worse enemies.

The NRA works in the world of Realpolitik. They understand the political climate. Many operate in the world of internet unreality where ideology trumps (no pun intended) reality, a world where the words should and ought prevail. The average American actually believes what they were taught (if they were taught) in high school civics or political science 101 in college which isn't exactly how politics or government works. Politics and governance is the art of the doable . I wish that that a lot of things that ought were like unicorns but aren't, plain and simple.

So you don't support the NRA...and ? What happens ? You'll show them by golly. So you will get on every firearm forum and rant your little heart out about how "unfair" everything is and how the libtards have succeeded in destroying your freedom. So what are ya gonna do about it?

Sad to say but most of you who are the biggest complainers probably never even wanted a bump fire and now everyone wants one. Not a major seller, but gee willy whiz bang you can go out to the range and zip through a couple of hundred rounds in no time at all. How fun is that, the thrill of almost full auto, never mind that accuracy goes to hell and no marksmanship is really involved, just let 'er rip, but it is your God Given inalienable right to own one, I get it and now the big bad NRA might support some kind of control on this device, we don't know what, but it's enough to get your undies in a snit, I get it.

Look, the tragedy of Las Vegas has set us back I don't know how far. It's taken suppressors off the table, and more than likely national reciprocity too. The knee jerkers and the anti's have just one a major victory for their side by the act of a deranged madman. Thank God he wasn't an NRA member (as far as we know).

Now ask yourself one very simple question: Where would we be today, without the NRA ? Would the situation for gun owners in the United States (I'm not talking Massachusetts) be better or worse ? I think you already know the answer to that one. The NRA still makes elements of the anti-gun community shiver in their shoes. This is something many of you seem to forget, also too forget the quaint notion that R's are for the 2A and D's are against it. At the grassroots level this isn't always the case, anyway. How many of you breathed a sigh of relief when Trump was elected and kind of slacked off? Too many...the situation can change in an instant, and any politician can change overnight. Remember Scott Brown, Jane Swift our GOAL poster children ?

Unless you are ready to lead us in a new civil war, it's highly likely that new gun legislation is coming and that there will be bi-partisan support and at least a nod from the NRA. Why ? The NRA has to maintain a positive public relations posture with the majority of the American people, most of whom do not place the 2A as their highest priority. Oh, sure there are plenty of gun culture states, but in terms of political, social and economic importance (with few exceptions) like the clout of NY, CA and even MA.

So give up on the NRA. The British had a weak NRA that was totally devoted to hunting and competitive shooting and look where that got them. So who among you is going to step up to the plate and really do something other than resign and protest. Sure, there are other organizations out there but they pale in comparison to the clout and political influence of the NRA and is Realpolitik...like it or not.

I'll lead.

The NRA has more skin in the Massachusetts game than most people realize. They've just come to understand that jumping in front of the parade in a state like Massachusetts is counter productive.

Ultimately it's the federal level stuff that matters. If you want a candidate to lose an election in MA, have the NRA endorse him. You guys know this stuff.

Even Sun Tsu taught about giving up ground to the enemy in order to win the war.
You're wrong about the states. It's just a small number of states that are responsible for trying to destroy any rights we think we have under the Second Amendment. The battles are there and it's those decisions in federal court that will ultimately win the war.

Back
Top Bottom