• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can we talk about how bad OpticsPlanet is

Needed a part, OpticsPlanet had a bunch in stock, for much cheaper than anyone else. Placed the order, which they said would ship in 1-2 days, and a week later they sent me an email saying it has shipped with a tracking number included. Two weeks later, they haven’t actually shipped the package. They disabled the live chat feature on their site, and when you call up, you’re put on hold while they loop a message about how they’re experiencing high volume and aren’t returning voicemails. After exactly 20 minutes, you’re automatically sent to voicemail. Emailed over a week ago without a reply.

I understand there are worse companies, and that people have had good experiences with them, but that doesn’t stop me from wondering how they can have such bad CS.

I made a purchase from them around a year ago for tritium sights for my Beretta 92FS. Long story short, I learned the front sight on the 92FS is milled on the slide and there to stay and had been given some bad intel from a LGS which is now out of business (no bad blood it was a misunderstanding and not done on purpose). Anyway, I was able to return the sights no problem and overall had a satisfactory experience with them.

Their shipping has always been slow. They are absolutely overwhelmed with orders as a small company in IL with limited staff mostly working from home.

Their shipping has always been slow. They are absolutely overwhelmed with orders as a small company in IL with limited staff mostly working from home.
Which is fine, but say that. Don’t tell me it ships next day and then lie about shipping it while sitting on the stock for 3 days.

Only made one purchase and it went fine. very good price. sorry you’re having an issue.

I just gave botach a chance because of great pricing. Tracking number next day but over 7 days later UPS still doesn't have package.

So are you bitching that you are the only friggin person right now buying gun stuff? Are you shitting me?
Stock is wiped out across the board. Nobody has nothing. If they say they do it’s because the guy in charge of updating the website is collecting UE + 600.00/wk. He ain’t coming back.
Boo Effing Hoo.

Welcome to 2020 gun ownership. You should have started earlier. 😂

So are you bitching that you are the only friggin person right now buying gun stuff? Are you shitting me?
Stock is wiped out across the board. Nobody has nothing. If they say they do it’s because the guy in charge of updating the website is collecting UE + 600.00/wk. He ain’t coming back.
Boo Effing Hoo.

Welcome to 2020 gun ownership. You should have started earlier. 😂
I’m assuming you just didn’t read the post at all (or failed to exercise basic common sense considering I said it was a part and I’ve been on here for a decade, but hey, who needs any of that).

If they had told me it was going to take 3 weeks, I’d have been happy as a clam waiting. Instead they said it would be 1 day, lied about shipping it, and turned off their phones.

Last edited:
That sucks I just got an order from them last week. All said a week from ordered to my house . Maybe just good luck because I ordered stuff from midway a month ago that I am still waiting for. Everyone sucks these days ups, USPS and vendors.

Wow, I’ve made 2 purchases from them in the last month and have had great results with both price and delivery.

I ordered three things from them a few weeks ago. One item was out of stock so I had them remove it from the order when the expected date for that item slipped back an entire month. After that change the order went out the next day and I had it in 3 business days. Shipped on a Thursday and was delivered on a Monday even though UPS could have delivered it on Saturday, but it sat on a truck all weekend.

Going through the same thing. Placed a large order in April. 2 shipped both have tracking numbers, but the first one arrived, the other one has items on backorder (wasn't on the listing). Now it's July and I haven't heard shit. Placed emails and calls. Yeesh.

I’m assuming you just didn’t read the post at all.

If they had told me it was going to take 3 weeks, I’d have been happy as a clam. Instead they said it would be 1 day, lied about shipping it, and turned off their phones.
I’m assuming also that you are thinking about how things once worked.
Those days are over for a while or at least until 11-4-20. Everything is a mess.
In fact I’m shocked when stuff comes early or on time.

OP is a reseller from my best observer seat. I made a last minute decision to buy a large cooler a year or so back. Was not buying China crap like Yeti.
OP had an ok price but shipping time was way out. Others had pricing but the dates were also out there.
Direct from Pelican in 2 days for just a few bucks more and I supported a MA company.

Other items I’ve looked at had the same result.
If you want it cheap then wait.
If you want it now then pay up now.
Retail has changed forever. Get use to it.

On Friday of last week I get an email from optics planet, your order is about to ship. My girlfriend is looking over my shoulder and says what did you buy now. I double down I have no orders with optics planet and click on the email. It’s an order for a Magpul ACR stock, I have no idea why or when I ordered this stock. Maybe to add a stock to my Bren 2 MS but I actually sourced an OG stock from Europe. I ordered this part in December!

2A5A1D38-5A01-4332-B9B4-5720BD58F03E.jpeg

Needed a part, OpticsPlanet had a bunch in stock, for much cheaper than anyone else. Placed the order, which they said would ship in 1-2 days, and a week later they sent me an email saying it has shipped with a tracking number included. Two weeks later, they haven’t actually shipped the package. They disabled the live chat feature on their site, and when you call up, you’re put on hold while they loop a message about how they’re experiencing high volume and aren’t returning voicemails. After exactly 20 minutes, you’re automatically sent to voicemail. Emailed over a week ago without a reply.

I understand there are worse companies, and that people have had good experiences with them, but that doesn’t stop me from wondering how they can have such bad CS.

I dealt with them two times. They screwed up both times. They are on "exclusive" list now.

LOL Optics planet is one of the worst, it is known.
I have had orders shipped between two days and 4 months.
My current order is from January. Still waiting..... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Lol f***stickPlanet is the new Botach, basically a bunch of skinflints go on there trying to get stuff cheaper than everyone else, and then they complain when the order either takes 900 years or gets screwed up... [rofl]

I seriously do not understand why people don't Google companies they order from. Optics Planet is widely known in the shooting community to have f-cky order fulfillment. Googling "Optics Planet reviews" takes five seconds and would've found threads on here or ARFCOM or Google Reviews to demonstrate that people aren't happy with them universally.

If you take a crap at least once a day, you have enough time to research this stuff. If you're not crapping at least once a day, talk to your doctor or eat more fiber. Then Google stuff.

optics planet has had the pleasure of a little neg rep hanging over their heads for a while. usually regarding sluggish shipping. another issue is if they're out of stock, you usually won't be told. your order stays open and they ship when it eventually shows up. i've never ordered from there but i know guys that did and everything went fine. this isn't the first optics planet thread on nes and i believe the high road and ar15.com had several threads over the years "honoring" optics planet.

There is nothing that Optics Planet has ( or usually doesn't have ) that I would not do without before conducting any business with them. Once was enough for me......never again.

I just gave botach a chance because of great pricing. Tracking number next day but over 7 days later UPS still doesn't have package.

Hahahahahaha. I was just gonna post, "You think Optics Planet is bad, let's go back to Botach, circa 2002 or so." Botach had a habit of listing hot parts as IN STOCK even if they weren't even IN COUNTRY as yet. Then give you the, "oh damn" run-around for a month or more.

For both, on SOME things, you'll be OK. But a super-deal or something that is hard to find? You're gonna get boned.

My experience was much the same. Ordered a charging handle and a trigger group. The trigger group was out of stock EVERYWHERE, and I hate placing multiple orders for small BS stuff like a charging handle. Optics Planet had both advertised as being in stock, est. shipping 1 week.

I wasn't in a hurry or anything so it wasn't a big deal. MONTHS later it finally arrived, last week as a matter of fact. Ridiculous. Id only ever order from them again if the price is out of this world and I'm just ordering for spares or backups.

I have ordered from them a few times.
I now try to avoid them at all costs.

I have had less issues with their sister company, DVOR, though their ‘deals’ are rarely all that much of a deal.

Arms Unlimited, DSG, Rainier Arms and Damage Industries are my go to now, just wish they had more in stock.

I quit buying stuff from Optics Planet when it became evident to me that they didn't have the items in stock that they showed as in stock. I ordered a couple of times, and each time the order would take weeks. It seemed as though they were doing Just In Time inventory.

Their prices were good - but some of the stuff I ordered, I needed within a week. Six weeks didn't cut it.

Back
Top Bottom