Can the U.S. Constitution be "suspended" for any reason?

Short answer, yes. Already has been numerous times, e.g. Japanese Americans in WW2.

President Lincoln really got the ball rolling on violating the Constitution, imprisoning his political enemies without trial, shutting down newspapers that opposed him, arresting duly elected officials by the hundreds.

Though it pains me to say it I eventually came to the conclusion Lincoln was a mass-murdering war criminal, we (i.e. the North) were the "bad guys" in the Civil War and that Washington and Jefferson's these united States died at Gettysburg.

I would agree. This is the conclusion I have come to as well. I think that the current government would do anything it thought it could get away with, to keep itself in power.

You can write down any law you care to. You can enact any sort of Constitution you desire. If the morality of the people falls far enough, if their general level of education falls far enough, if their general level of individualism falls, if their general level of self-sufficiency falls too low, then all the paper the laws and Constitution are no better than kindling.

Remember when Gov.Devil would usher in a state of emergency due to snow storms and on several occasions they threatened that anyone on the roads after curfew could be subject to fines (unless you were emergency services).

They had to catch you first.

I went out in the middle of the blizzard - because we had a cat go into seizures in the last stages of his cancer. So at 9 at night we went off animal emergency care. By the time we got out - at 12 midnite - it was still snowing to beat the band.

Luckily I've got a 2500 series 4x4 Suburban - so I just put it in 4WD Hi and cruised thru the foot or more of snow that was on the roads.

On the way out we passed right by a cop - who proceeded to pull out and follow us. Luckily the back of the truck was caked in snow so there was no way the plate was going to get read. He followed us for quite a while - I made sure I was actually doing the speed limit - and I don't think he could catch up. When I got to a clearer section of the road I actually sped up to about 5mph over the limit - and I watched in the rearview as his lights slowly faded back.

Like I said - can't fine you if they can't catch you.

Back
Top Bottom