Cambridge Police Seize Cache of Firearms, Parts and Ammunition; Arrest Suspect

Did you take any time to read any of the news stories that stated he *DID* assemble? That's why he is being charged with being in illegal possession of twenty five handguns.

FirearmsSeizure2018.jpeg

Yes, I caught that. But until he DID do that he had not committed a crime whatsoever. Not even in Massachusetts.

YOUR comments condemned him for simply having bought the parts.

All that aside, the "crime" he committed was assembling some parts without a permission slip. Even if such laws were Constitutional, that crime should be "worth" a small fine and some community service picking up trash. Instead they'll put him away for ten years for something that would have been absolutely legal if he lived 25 miles north.

THAT is criminal and you're a true liberal for celebrating such a travesty.

MOOO-RAH Healey and Linsky can pound sand. I am orderig
And it has been stated by the Cambridge police the gun parts he purchased online and received through the mail, had been assembled into "untraceable" complete firearms, or did I misunderstand that statement?
I like untraceable guns.

I get how he got the gun parts through the mail, plus the milling machine; I understand how he did all that without a FID/LTC, both pistols and rifles.

But how’d he get the ammo? Or, specifically, the powder?

Regardless, this is a Massprudence situation: I’ve got no issue with anything this guy did, but he was foolish to think he’d get away with it. We do not live in a permissive environment.

As for the commodon back-and-forth... precrime is a repulsive rationale for government repression. Who GAF what he was doing with his guns? Or what I do with mine? Until I manifest a direct, credible threat, leave me alone. And no, receiving packages doesn’t equal “threat.”

All that aside, the "crime" he committed was assembling some parts without a permission slip. Even if such laws were Constitutional, that crime should be "worth" a small fine and some community service picking up trash. Instead they'll put him away for ten years for something that would have been absolutely legal if he lived 25 miles north.

THAT is criminal and you're a true liberal for celebrating such a travesty.

This should not be a crime anywhere in this country. The only crime this guy committed was color filling all the things and that god awful stippling job. His punishment should be to have his soldering iron confiscated because idgaf how shitty the gun is, no frame deserves that kind of treatment.

And it has been stated by the Cambridge police the gun parts he purchased online and received through the mail, had been assembled into "untraceable" complete firearms, or did I misunderstand that statement?

He did assemble them into untraceable, complete firearms. Which has nothing whatsoever to do with your statement.

As far as the firearms being untraceable goes, so what? Is that a problem of some sort?

Not all crimes will have victims...

Crimes can involve person, property or society.
There IS a victim in those crimes. He did not commit a crime in a LOT of states, doing what he did. He did NOT commit a crime FEDERALLY, unless he sold one to someone. That is the issue at hand. The Commiewealth of Libtardochusetts asinine laws that violate natural inalienable rights.

Did he do something stupid, especially in the PRM? Yeah. But that is ALL he did wrong.

The post office is reporting our mail to the popo now?

Certainly you cannot be surprised to learn this? This has been ongoing for years...

When someone draws attention to him/herself, especially with a concern expressed in our country for persons involved with domestic or foreign terrorism, we shouldn't be surprised this is going to happen once in awhile.

What I will be interested in learning as I am sure many others will be, is how is this going to come out in the end for the subject? More important, the legal aspects of the case will be interesting to watch.

Any "crime" that doesnt have a victim you can point to is b.s. imo. This guy wasnt bothering anyone. All this pre-crime bullshit is getting out of hand. Ill be eating a big bowl of popcorn with an ear to ear grin after the precedent is set in stone and they decide to start pre-crimeing soccer moms on FB for something they care about. People like you are part of the problem.

When someone draws attention to him/herself, especially with a concern expressed in our country for persons involved with domestic or foreign terrorism, we shouldn't be surprised this is going to happen once in awhile.

exercising 2A rights now falls under domestic terrorism? you're either on the wrong forum, trolling or high. Derek please bring back the dislike button. i miss that thick red bar!

Any "crime" that doesnt have a victim you can point to is b.s. imo. This guy wasnt bothering anyone. All this pre-crime bullshit is getting out of hand. Ill be eating a big bowl of popcorn with an ear to ear grin after the precedent is set in stone and they decide to start pre-crimeing soccer moms on FB for something they care about. People like you are part of the problem.

QFT!

Exactly! He has lived in Massachusetts and New York. He is obviously aware of the laws, so why did he choose to do what he did?

Either he is a knucklehead or he was up to no good. Regardless, he deserved to get popped.

Ok. So I will at least acknowledge commodon making some semi-valid points. Our community suffers from an over-eagerness to ostracize our own. You take a guy or gal who is at least willing to openly discuss the issue, and is possibly open to or even overtly in support of our cause, and basically give them the old “get the hell off my lawn” at the first opportunity. I feel the frustration, hell I feel the anger, and even hate sometimes, but we need to do better than this.

Now, back on topic...

I get what you are saying commodon on the “he was breaking the law” point, however, I don’t think anyone here is expressing surprise at his persecution. You break the law, you get arrested, we all understand that. It is the fact that there is a law, that by the way conflicts with THE law, that is the problem. Add to this that it is portrayed and justified as some big win against a hypothetical future crime, and the fact that it is in itself an admission that the government is snooping through our mail, just as they did with phones not too long ago, and you have a whole lot of reasons to stand up and say WTF?

If they said they went after this guy for selling these to prohobited persons, it would be a different story. But that statement is notably absent. So what are we left with?

• Through snooping through his mail, they found he was ordering items that were completely legal to order, but could be used to construct completely legal items, that he does not have a permit to posses
  • The police decided this was sufficient cause for them to kick in his, and one of his relative’s doors, to check if indeed he was using these items he ordered to assemble items he has not aquired a permit to posses
  • The police then proceed to portray this operation as a great win for the safety of the community, and essentially portraying this individual as a danger to the community, without actually saying so outright
This seems to me like a whole lot of cause for being pissed off, but that’s just me.

So no real crime beyond the permission slip.

Great job focusing on the real problems.

It's worse than that. Something Herr Commodon is missing: Where is the proof he assembled them???

Back in the years of Y2K, I bought some bulk wheat and oats. Did the health department break into my home at some point to accuse me of having an illegally operating bakery??? Why not? I had all the components to make it. I just needed to buy some over-the-counter yeast and I was in business. Clearly a violation.

Oh, that's right. There was NO F'ING PROOF I HAD A BAKERY!

There was no other proof other than his purchasing parts that he was a problem. Search was illegal. He could have been stockpiling completely legal items for re-sale if and when a potential ban came into being.

Sadly, as I learned watching 1.5 seasons of MoaM, you are basically F'd in this country if wrongfully convicted of a crime. And reversal of said F'ing, especially on the federal level, is so next to nil as to be completely and totally nil.

Gosh I hope there is a nice USSC case on this in the next year or two and wipe crap-laws like this off the books.

USPS...invades our privacy much?

Yeah. Really. That guy needs a nut-stomp. "Oh this person is ordering this stuff. I'm afreeeeeeaaaddddd." I'd be curious how they knew it was $26K. At what point were they intercepting packages and opening them???? Because either that or they

A) contacted suppliers
B) asked him

The way I see this is if you live in Mass you have four options
1. Obey the Laws of Mass. The state you live in.
2. Move the F out. If i could I would be out of here too but my daughter has DS and this state is one of the best for support and inclusion. So for me I'm staying.
3. Petition and vote to change the laws. If you sit on the sideline and do not do this then stop your bitching cause you are part of the problem.
4. Say F it and do whatever you want. But be aware there can be consequences to this action.

This guy could have been part of #3 but he definitely did #4.

I could have done everything this guy did minus the AR lowers. I would be 100% legal (I have a LTC A) as long as I register the pistols within ten days of completion (you can register the P80 lower as no serial# or engrave your own serial #).

Now if you build one and buried it in the backyard I would understand but that again would fall within #4. You have to ask yourself, is it worth it.

The way I see this is if you live in Mass you have four options
1. Obey the Laws of Mass. The state you live in.
2. Move the F out. If i could I would be out of here too but my daughter has DS and this state is one of the best for support and inclusion. So for me I'm staying.
3. Petition and vote to change the laws. If you sit on the sideline and do not do this then stop your bitching cause you are part of the problem.
4. Say F it and do whatever you want. But be aware there can be consequences to this action.

This guy could have been part of #3 but he definitely did #4.

I could have done everything this guy did minus the AR lowers. I would be 100% legal (I have a LTC A) as long as I register the pistols within ten days of completion (you can register the P80 lower as no serial# or engrave your own serial #).

Now if you build one and buried it in the backyard I would understand but that again would fall within #4. You have to ask yourself, is it worth it.
You (and Commodon) assume he knew he was breaking the law. He may have. He may not. Most inmates in MA have no idea what the laws are, lifetime or no.

For example - you seem to think you have 10 days to inform the state that you've completed the build of a firearm. You're incorrect. Assuming, arguendo, that it's true that you are required to inform them upon completion (there's some debate, and I'm unqualified to comment with authority) you have 7 days.

So here you are, telling us how this person knowingly broke the law, and thus deserves whatever's coming to him, while you're incorrectly telling us the requirements of the laws. Bravo.

You (and Commodon) assume he knew he was breaking the law. He may have. He may not. Most inmates in MA have no idea what the laws are, lifetime or no.

For example - you seem to think you have 10 days to inform the state that you've completed the build of a firearm. You're incorrect. Assuming, arguendo, that it's true that you are required to inform them upon completion (there's some debate, and I'm unqualified to comment with authority) you have 7 days.

So here you are, telling us how this person knowingly broke the law, and thus deserves whatever's coming to him, while you're incorrectly telling us the requirements of the laws. Bravo.

Yes you are correct in stating it is seven days. I am not sure what I was thinking about ten days. Never said the person deserves to be in jail. I personally think the gun laws in Mass are ridiculous and mostly political in nature.

But as with any law. If you are clearly breaking it, ignorance of the law is zero defense in a court of law. You can't say " but your honor, i didn't now i was breaking the law."
I did make some assumptions that he knew what he was doing. Lets just assume the guy just loves guns. Why wouldn't he just go get his LTC A and buy some. It is certainly cheaper and less of a hassle than building an 80% lower. I know cause i'm building one of these myself (P80, glock 17). So lets just say he had something in his past or he lives in a (red) city that dos not allow anyone to get LTC's. When in that scenario he must know he needs a LTC to own a pistol in Ma. Or lastly lets just say he is totally ignorant of all that. He researched 80% lowers without coming across the legality of it in the state he lives. When i researched it I came across numerous posts. I just find it hard to believe that someone who does something like this, in that scale he did it in, does not know he is doing something illegal in Mass. But hell maybe i'm wrong. Never had an issue all my life admitting that sometimes i'm wrong.

But that just me. As far as the laws themselves. Yes, they are BS! That's why i vote and advocate for change.

Malum Prohibitum bullshit is still bullshit. Nobody is "harmed" by this guy having guns without a license, outside of some cop or prosecutor waving their finger or getting their sensibilities upset.

-Mike

What I will be interested in learning as I am sure many others will be, is how is this going to come out in the end for the subject? More important, the legal aspects of the case will be interesting to watch.

Lol there will be absolutely nothing to watch because this guy is going to plea out to a no jail deal where he sucks for a paper felony, or if he's really lucky, CWOF
out but still loses all his shit.

If I could put money on either of those outcomes, I would....

-Mike

Lol there will be absolutely nothing to watch because this guy is going to plea out to a no jail deal where he sucks for a paper felony, or if he's really lucky, CWOF out but still loses all his shit.

If I could put money on either of those outcomes, I would....

With respect to the outcome, there is no doubt...

However, I am still curious what was the justification for the warrant.

Certainly you cannot be surprised to learn this? This has been ongoing for years...

Apparently happened in Pittsfield as well when a 60lb shipment of ammunition caught someones eye. - Pittsfield man faces firearms charges for ammo, weapons

"Police said officers learned of the firearms through a large shipment of ammunition reportedly coming to Sylvia from Texas. After obtaining a search warrant, police said, they found over 60 pounds of ammunition at a local shipping company. Police said they also found more ammunition and firearms at Sylvia's home.

Officers say they seized eight firearms, including rifles, shotguns, handguns and a flare gun modified to fire shotgun rounds. They said they also seized over 13,000 rounds of ammunition in handgun, shotgun and rifle calibers.

That's a lot for one person, Trapani said.

"Especially a person that is not licensed and able to go to a range periodically and target shoot or hunt," he said."​

My UPS delivery guy knows exactly what was in the box. So I gave him my number and told me to ring me when my ammo arrives. No way I will let the poor guy carry a few thousand rounds all by himself.
Christmas appreciation tips.
I assume we are on a good term.

Back
Top Bottom