Cambridge Police Seize Cache of Firearms, Parts and Ammunition; Arrest Suspect

So no real crime beyond the permission slip.

IMO if you want to look at it that way, sure. However I think the bigger picture is that the guy was obviously up to no good.

Don't get me wrong.

Like yourself and others, I'm an advocate for the 2nd Amendment and I strongly dislike some of the rules/laws we have in place, but we still have to abide by them if we choose to live in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Of course if we don't like the rules/laws, then we can try to change them or we have the option to move elsewhere.

IMO if persons are going to knowingly violate the rules/laws, then you risk going to jail, which is what this chuckle-head is going to do. After all, he's lived in Mass almost his entire life with the exception of a short time in NY, which as we all know has even greater restrictions on firearms. The bottom line is that he's an adult. He knows the laws and he knows what he was did/doing was wrong. Now it's time for him to take responsibility for his actions and pay the price.

The last thing we need are persons like him, doing things they know they shouldn;t be doing, drawing attention and giving the left more ammunition (no pun intended) to use to increase the number of foolish rules/laws upon those of us who are law-abiding...

Last edited:
IMO if you want to look at it that way, sure. However I think the bigger picture is that the guy was obviously up to no good.

Obviously. I mean if you have guns you are clearly bad! Wait a second...

Don't get me wrong.

I feel like you are about to say something stupid.

Like yourself and others, I'm an advocate for the 2nd Amendment and I strongly dislike some of the rules/laws we have in place, but

Here we go. I support the second amendment, BUT.

we still have to abide by them if we choose to live in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Of course if we don't like the rules/laws, then we can try to change them or we have the option to move elsewhere. The bottom line if persons are going to knowingly violate the rules/laws, then you risk going to jail.

So which is it? He’s obviously a bad guy or you need to just follow unconstitutional laws?

Or you are a bad person if you dont follow unconditional laws?

As an “advocate for the 2nd Amendment”, you've got me fooled.

By itself there isn't a concern, but with the individual's ability to use it to deface any of the many weapons or parts thereof, all of which which he was illegally in possession of, therein lies a concern.

That doesn't really make sense.

If you meant "complete" rather than deface, nothing he had was illegally possessed until after he completed the lowers and assembled the firearms. If he had received the boxes, unpacked them and stacked them in the corner he would absolutely walk on all charges. In fact, I hope someone does exactly that as an FU.

If you meant "deface" the completed firearms (which, according to the unconstitutional MA law he wasn't authorized to have) then I don't even know what to make of that.

Or did you mean the stippling jobs, some of which SHOULD have been charged as felonies?

Obviously. I mean if you have guns you are clearly bad! Wait a second...
I feel like you are about to say something stupid.
Here we go. I support the second amendment, BUT.
So which is it? He’s obviously a bad guy or you need to just follow unconstitutional laws?
Or you are a bad person if you dont follow unconditional laws?
As an “advocate for the 2nd Amendment”, you've got me fooled.

So what do YOU think he was up to or are you really that naive to think he was just purchasing the items to sit in the corner of a room? C'mon, let's be realistic. The guy was up to no good and if you think otherwise, IMO you're only giving the left more reasons to spout the nonsense they do.

While Commodon proudly strokes the facts of this particular case lets not lose sight of the real issue at hand here. Your purchase habits are being tracked. All of them. When a certain threshold is met it becomes a concern to be acted upon. And there is absolutely nothing in place to keep that bar from being lowered in the future. I am actually surprised they divulged as much information as they did...

Don't get me wrong.

Like yourself and others, I'm an advocate for the 2nd Amendment and I strongly dislike some of the rules/laws we have in place, but we still have to abide by them if we choose to live in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Of course if we don't like the rules/laws, then we can try to change them or we have the option to move elsewhere.

IMO if persons are going to knowingly violate the rules/laws, then you risk going to jail, which is what this chuckle-head is going to do. After all, he's lived in Mass almost his entire life with the exception of a short time in NY, which as we all know has even greater restrictions on firearms. The bottom line is that he's an adult. He knows the laws and he knows what he was did/doing was wrong. Now it's time for him to take responsibility for his actions and pay the price.

The last thing we need are persons like him, doing things they know they shouldn;t be doing, drawing attention and giving the left more ammunition (no pun intended) to use to increase the number of foolish rules/laws upon those of us who are law-abiding...

Unless you know more than I do, which is certainly possible, this guy is nothing more than a harmless hobbyist.

While Commodon proudly strokes the facts of this particular case lets not lose sight of the real issue at hand here. Your purchase habits are being tracked. All of them. When a certain threshold is met it becomes a concern to be acted upon. And there is absolutely nothing in place to keep that bar from being lowered in the future. I am actually surprised they divulged as much information as they did...

Like the fact that they're actively taking note and acting upon deliveries of the GG machine?

You didn't think they were going to stop with the prostitute setup, did you? [laugh]

So what do YOU think he was up to

Well it doesn’t matter and I’m not even seeing an allegation he had or was going to use them for something bad. You seem to think criminalizing possession of objects explicitly listed as objects you have a right to keep somehow makes you an advocate of the second amendment. It actually makes you the exact opposite.

or are you really that naive to think he was just purchasing the items to sit in the corner of a room?

It’s not up to me or even him to prove anything. And since there isn’t even an allegation he was using them for something wrong, and you seem to think based on nothing besides your own creative imagine and blind assumptions that makes it okay to arrest and charge and convict someone. You must be a strong advocate for the idea of innocent until proven guilty too...

C'mon, let's be realistic.

Ok. You’re an authoritarian who hates individual rights and liberties. That’s being realistic.

The guy was up to no good and if you think otherwise, IMO you're only giving the left more reasons to spout the nonsense they do.

You’ve not once even made an allegation of how he was “up to no good”, or why you think that, nevertheless based it on facts.

Admit it. You love the idea of a government having total control of what people can and cannot do.

I'm willing to assume for the moment that he was just a hobbyist. The weird thing is the lack of a license. He's not new to the state, and I know with the kind of money he was spending, getting an LTC sufficient to make it legal to possess in the home should have been easy enough. So I'm curious why he chose not to. I just don't believe he didn't know about the licensing requirement. Did he hope to become a legal test case?

I do agree that the Big Brother aspect is disturbing. Probably impractical of them to do this kind of thing on a large scale, but it does make sense that they were especially interested Cody Wilson's customers. Doesn't make it better. Just makes it less mysterious how it could have gone down.

The weird thing is the lack of a license. He's not new to the state, and I know with the kind of money he was spending, getting an LTC sufficient to make it legal to possess in the home should have been easy enough

Exactly! He has lived in Massachusetts and New York. He is obviously aware of the laws, so why did he choose to do what he did?

Either he is a knucklehead or he was up to no good. Regardless, he deserved to get popped.

As for completing it, again... as an 80% lower, NONE OF THAT WAS ILLEGAL. It only becomes "air quotes" illegal when completed and assembled.

Ayup, and what do you think his next steps were? Or do you think he was just collecting lowers cause he had no other hobbies? And let's not gloss over the fact he had ammunition, several rifles and vests (though not illegal to possess unless used in commission of a crime), but I'll be glad to agree with you and say he was in it as a hobby, but that still doesn't change the fact what he did was downright stupid...

Last edited:
On a firearms forum shitting on people who have and collect firearms as a hobby.

View attachment 252056

I'm going to go out on a limb with the belief your comment was directed at me, so if it was let me clarify I did not shit on people for collecting firearms as a hobby. On the contrary, I a shat on Matthew Devine and him only for the obvious reasons I've already stated. If the distinction is not understood then so be it, it is what it is, but I have no issues whatsoever with persons who collect firearms, assuming of course they abide by the law. And yes, that can be a tough pill to swallow for some persons.

P.S. Great movie!

It only becomes "air quotes" illegal when completed and assembled.

And it has been stated by the Cambridge police the gun parts he purchased online and received through the mail, had been assembled into "untraceable" complete firearms, or did I misunderstand that statement?

Commodon, if I may suggest. Search back in the group buy forum. If the threads are still there you'll see how many lowers in all flavors this group alone have purchased. 80's included.

We're only to FA-10 once it's done. How many lowers are out there not built yet? I'm looking at some currently. An amount that may make certain people scared.
What's my next step?
(For the record that number is one, Maura.)

Back before someone put their nose in business that wasn't theirs. There were a lot of lowers procured. To this date none of us have "next steps".
Just wanted to put that out there.

Just because he didn't have Gov permission doesn't make him wrong.

Now. If any nafarious shit comes to light I will retract my sentiments. I'm merely saying don't paint with too broad a brush.

Ayup, and what do you think his next steps were? Or do you think he was just collecting lowers cause he had no other hobbies? And let's not gloss over the fact he had ammunition, several rifles and vests (though not illegal to possess unless used in commission of a crime), but I'll be glad to agree with you and say he was in it as a hobby, but that still doesn't change the fact what he did was downright stupid...

Precrime.png

And it has been stated by the Cambridge police the gun parts he purchased online and received through the mail, had been assembled into "untraceable" complete firearms, or did I misunderstand that statement?

You applied precrime in your comments.

You burned him at the stake for simply having 80% lowers and a mill. Go back and read your posts.

You applied precrime in your comments.

You burned him at the stake for simply having 80% lowers and a mill. Go back and read your posts.

I believe you perceived incorrectly.

I am fully aware of what he did and was in possession of. Hence it has been my position from the first post I made, he is a chuckle-head who deserves to be charged.

However I concede my mistake with the brevity of my posts was believing others read the articles and researched the individual to the same extent I did. Perhaps you did and you're acceptable of his actions, but I am not and that is my opinion and having a difference of opinion and still being respectful of another's is what makes this board a pleasure to be a part of.

I believe you perceived incorrectly.

I am fully aware of what he did and was in possession of. Hence it has been my position from the first post I made, he is a chuckle-head who deserves to be charged.

However I concede my mistake with the brevity of my posts was believing others read the articles and researched the individual to the same extent I did. Perhaps you did and you're acceptable of his actions, but I am not and that is my opinion and having a difference of opinion and still being respectful of another's is what makes this board a pleasure to be a part of.

That'd be a big nope.

Here are your words:

By itself there isn't a concern, but with the individual's ability to use it to deface any of the many weapons or parts thereof, all of which which he was illegally in possession of, therein lies a concern.

That doesn't really make sense.

If you meant "complete" rather than deface, nothing he had was illegally possessed until after he completed the lowers and assembled the firearms. If he had received the boxes, unpacked them and stacked them in the corner he would absolutely walk on all charges. In fact, I hope someone does exactly that as an FU.

If you meant "deface" the completed firearms (which, according to the unconstitutional MA law he wasn't authorized to have) then I don't even know what to make of that.

Or did you mean the stippling jobs, some of which SHOULD have been charged as felonies?

Yeah, cuz a lot of people use a mill to deface $26k worth of their property.

"deface" how? That's senseless.

As for completing it, again... as an 80% lower, NONE OF THAT WAS ILLEGAL. It only becomes "air quotes" illegal when completed and assembled.

You condemned him based on the precrime condition of possessing an 80% lower and a mill.

Last edited:
You condemned him based on the precrime condition of possessing an 80% lower and a mill

Did you take any time to read any of the news stories that stated he *DID* assemble? That's why he is being charged with being in illegal possession of twenty five handguns.

FirearmsSeizure2018.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom