• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cambridge Police Seize Cache of Firearms, Parts and Ammunition; Arrest Suspect

It's worse than that. Something Herr Commodon is missing: Where is the proof he assembled them???

Back in the years of Y2K, I bought some bulk wheat and oats. Did the health department break into my home at some point to accuse me of having an illegally operating bakery??? Why not? I had all the components to make it. I just needed to buy some over-the-counter yeast and I was in business. Clearly a violation.

Oh, that's right. There was NO F'ING PROOF I HAD A BAKERY!

There was no other proof other than his purchasing parts that he was a problem. Search was illegal. He could have been stockpiling completely legal items for re-sale if and when a potential ban came into being.

Sadly, as I learned watching 1.5 seasons of MoaM, you are basically F'd in this country if wrongfully convicted of a crime. And reversal of said F'ing, especially on the federal level, is so next to nil as to be completely and totally nil.

Gosh I hope there is a nice USSC case on this in the next year or two and wipe crap-laws like this off the books.

Yeah. Really. That guy needs a nut-stomp. "Oh this person is ordering this stuff. I'm afreeeeeeaaaddddd." I'd be curious how they knew it was $26K. At what point were they intercepting packages and opening them???? Because either that or they

A) contacted suppliers
B) asked him

I'd bet anything there was a fed investigation on this, the local AUSA declined to do anything about it because anything they had was flimsy as
hell. So they tossed the bundle of shit into CPDs lap, who then basically invented some reason to violate his rights.... possibly, if his lawyer is savvy enough, and he has enough money, that could save him if they could somehow prove there was a 4A violation. Going to be tough though because if its based of mail stuff, well guess what... .gov runs the service, and they do as they please... but it still could, trigger a fruit of poisonous tree problem for them.

-Mike

For those that crossed the "natural rights bridge" that chart works pretty well most of the time.

You obviously haven't.

While it might be surprising I actually have a lot of Libertarian beliefs, I recognize we don't solely live in a Libertarian society.

Instead we live in a society of mixed opinions and differing viewpoints. I recognize the need to find a middle ground and I strive to strike a balance among all persons.

Granted, I know it might rub some persons the wrong way. Especially those who believe their view is the only view and everyone else is against them and their beliefs, but my opinion is that in the process of having conversation and assuming it doesn't fall into a flame war and name-calling, perhaps there is an opportunity for both sides to become better educated and we can learn and work together to overcome obstacles.

Am I foolish for trying to have civil conversation and exchange views with others on a discussion group? Perhaps, but I would like to think we can all be adults and respect each other who might have viewpoints of varying degrees different from our own.

Last edited:
While it might be surprising I actually have a lot of Libertarian beliefs, I recognize we don't solely live in a Libertarian society.

Yeah, but you don't seem to understand that "some guy having a bunch of guns" with no specific intent to use them to hurt anyone, etc, is a victimless crime. It's not even clear from this seizure if there was even any intent to resell, etc. With the gaudy bullshit on his guns, doesn't seem likely.... If I was a shitbird interested in hooking up gangbangers with guns, I'd make tons of "one or two basic things" and be selling that. This guys situation reads more like "absent minded enthusiast" than some kind of hardened violent criminal. I don't think anyone that does what he did "deserves to get popped", eff that noise.

Was the guy stupid? sure- for not knowing what he was getting into- but that doesn't mean that he "deserves to get popped" and to top it off, at OUR
expense. The state is wasting tons of LE/court resources on prosecuting what amounts to a "fabricated criminal". That's really great use of tax dollars there, prosecute someone who likely was no threat to the public at all. [thinking]

-Mike

you don't seem to understand that "some guy having a bunch of guns" with no specific intent to use them to hurt anyone

You're right.

No one knows what his next steps were because he was arrested before he had any opportunity to move forward. Perhaps a better approach would have been for the agencies involved to continue monitoring his actions and behavior until he did something illegal, then again maybe a level of justification was reached when he began acquiring ammunition?

I suspect that was the tipping point when it was determined they needed to take action to ensure he wasn't a threat to the general public, which as far as I know the CPD has yet to determine because they're still conducting an investigation and seeking information in regards.

Apparently happened in Pittsfield as well when a 60lb shipment of ammunition caught someones eye. ...
Officers say they seized eight firearms, including rifles, shotguns, handguns and a flare gun modified to fire shotgun rounds. They said they also seized over 13,000 rounds of ammunition in handgun, shotgun and rifle calibers.

That's a lot for one person, Trapani said. ...​
QFMFF.
Jus' sayin'.

Ironic coming from the person who supports arresting people for victimless “crimes” and thinks “society” can be victims.

As mentioned, I try to walk in the middle and learned a long time ago by others in one of my early professions that everything isn't black and white, or right and wrong.

Walking in the middle doesn’t work when the sidelines have been moved.

Its a mistake to think that libertarians are "middle". Libertarians want to be outside the spectrum. Pretty simple philosophy, don't f*** with me and I wont f*** with you, I don't need anyone telling me what to do, regardless of what side of the spectrum they are at.

What is "wrong" can be debatable, but in Massachusetts it's illegal.

Yes, and you are the one saying it isn’t just illegal, but wrong.

I think the bigger picture is that the guy was obviously up to no good.

He knows the laws and he knows what he was did/doing was wrong. Now it's time for him to take responsibility for his actions and pay the price.

The last thing we need are persons like him, doing things they know they shouldn;t be doing.

While it might be surprising I actually have a lot of Libertarian beliefs,

It would surprise us because as evident from your posts here, it’s clearly not true. There is nothing even remotely consistent with libertarian beliefs by saying owning guns without a government permission slip is wrong, people who do so are obviously up to no good, and they deserve to pay the price. It’s directly contrary to the main principle of libertarianism.

Its a mistake to think that libertarians are "middle". Libertarians want to be outside the spectrum. Pretty simple philosophy, don't f*** with me and I wont f*** with you, I don't need anyone telling me what to do, regardless of what side of the spectrum they are at.

See my signature.

Its a mistake to think that libertarians are "middle".

I know that, but as I said I share a lot of Libertarian beliefs and I also share in quite a few conservative and liberal beliefs as well. As a result, I often find myself in the middle between opposing factions. Hence, I view myself in the middle...

I know that, but as I said I share a lot of Libertarian beliefs and I also share in quite a few conservative and liberal beliefs as well. As a result, I often find myself in the middle between opposing factions. Hence, I view myself in the middle...
If you vote, and you vote Democrap, you vote against the 2nd Amendment and my gun rights. FYI.

Clearly untrue. Obama. Hillary. Healey. Liawatha. The list goes on...

Not sure what is or was untrue? I most certainly have never cast a vote for any you've mentioned and if you had any knowledge of who I am outside of this group you would likely learn I have been extremely vocal in opposition to each in regards to their stated positions on numerous subjects.

Back
Top Bottom