Cabela's Hudson MA

Went this afternoon about 3. You'd recognize me because I was driving a 4wd pickup truck, and I was the guy wearing a camo jacket.

Bought a Miami rig for my 1911, a range bag, baby uplula, and some .380 for my wife, and some .308 zombiemax, .223 Superformance varmint, .30 carbine fmj, and a hundred cci minimags. Only one box of .22lr per customer so I had to put some back.

Mobbed parking lot. Store is smaller than basspro, or the ct cabelas, but well-stocked. Checkout line wasn't more than 45 seconds.

I'll be back but it's not a 'destination' store.

Last edited:
Went this am.. It was a zoo. Parking lot like the mall at X Mas.

Very let down by how small the pistol selection was. I was expecting a lot better.

I was let down by the "tactical section". I was ready to impulse buy an AR style modern sporting rifle at a huge mark up.

- - - Updated - - -

Went this afternoon about 3. You'd recognize me because I was driving a 4wd pickup truck, and I was the guy wearing a camo jacket.

Bought a Miami rig for my 1911, a range bag, baby uplula, and some .380 for my wife, and some .308 zombiemax, .223 Superformance varmint, .30 carbine fmj, and a hundred cci minimags. Only one box of .22lr per customer so I had to put some back.

Mobbed parking lot. Store is smaller than basspro, or the ct cabelas, but well-stocked. Checkout line wasn't more than 45 seconds.

How would you compare to DICKS in Leominster?

I was there at 4:30 and all the CCI Minimags were gone....

I also had an interesting discussion with a couple gents behind the handgun counter that I might follow up on tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got back from the store, place was mobbed. Still they had great inventory and as always awesome stuff to buy.

I was happy to see ammo out on shelves not behind glass. They had a huge variety of choices. Prices weren't the best but not the worst in my opinion. Best deals they had was AE tactical 223 for $6.74 per box. Brass 9 for 12. Tons of battle packs usually 300 pistol rounds for 104.99. 200 223 for 104.99

So there where some deals on ammo. Just nice to have one close by now.

Just left from there; the place is still pretty packed.

The highlight was the plastic toy shotgun in the bargain cave. I told my 5yo it was too expensive at $33. "But Dad!" she whined, "I need the gun for protection!"

We're raising her right, apparently.

As others have mentioned, it is nice to be trusted to grab a box of ammo without having to "trouble" the lurches at the Lunenburg Walmart, or wait 15 mins at Dicks for someone to man the counter. Although the guys at dicks are on the right side of things.

I went today with my kids keft around 230 or so it was mobbed didn't get to see all of what I wanted. Saw some nice savage 10 rifles in 223 grabbed a box of federal auto match for 18 that was in the wrong place. There was a guy going around changing ammo prices as in
Lowering them. Say a pic 840 round in a can in stripper clips of 223 for 499 not the greatest by any means but if you really needed ammo they had a bunch. Didn't get to hit reliading supply's or the hand gun counter as the kids were getting anysy

Check out the new MA Cabela's - checked.
Went today, wasn't impressed. I kind'a like the Bass pro in Foxboro better.
Was able to receive a "shock and awe" face expression from an older lady behind the handgun counter after she said it was illegal to sell new Glocks to 'regular' citizens in MA (only LEOs) to which I replied "Of course it's legal". She didn't quite know how to respond and finally said "well, it's our store policy". I said "that's a shame, but there is nothing illegal about it".

As others have mentioned, it is nice to be trusted to grab a box of ammo without having to "trouble" the lurches at the Lunenburg Walmart, or wait 15 mins at Dicks for someone to man the counter. Although the guys at dicks are on the right side of things.

Haha lurches at Lunenburg is right on the money, i never thought of that. The two guys that usually work SGs.

Went up last night with a buddy. Not overly crowded & lots of help. Picked up a jacket & Western style Stetson straw hat. Buddy got a camp griddle. Was disappointed by the size of the fishing department.

Just a heads up, you can not order ammo on line and have it shipped to the Cabellas in mass. I called after the web site showed that my items could not be shipped due to restrictions, I called Cabellas and they wont ship ammo in a customers order to the mass store.

Doesn't make any sense to me, as they ship ammo to the store for general sales, why cant they ship it to the store per my request?

-Steve

Just a heads up, you can not order ammo on line and have it shipped to the Cabellas in mass. I called after the web site showed that my items could not be shipped due to restrictions, I called Cabellas and they wont ship ammo in a customers order to the mass store.

Doesn't make any sense to me, as they ship ammo to the store for general sales, why cant they ship it to the store per my request?

-Steve

LenS talked to a contact high up in corporate about this. Their computer system won't allow it right now, they are going to try to come up with a fix. He mentioned it in this trhread or the older cabelas thread.

Back
Top Bottom