• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cabela's Hudson MA

Ive never had a problem with the credit card. Plenty of free shit ive gotten with it.

I must say i pay the bill in full every month. So i have no idea what the interest rate is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World's Foremost Bank owned by Cabela's has been known for some deceptive practices such as offering you $20 if you're pre-approved on the spot, and waiting a day to approve you so you think since you were approved you got $20, when in fact you didn't because the approval didn't happen on the spot. Also, they've been known to drop your credit line below what your balance is, then charge you an overage fee. Supposedly they've cleaned up their practices.

http://fortune.com/2011/03/08/worlds-foremost-credit-card-ripoff-update/

So how are the crowds now - I need to go pickup and online order tomorrow (gun cleaning gear - not stocked at store) I don't want to get there and not be able to get in (my kids and buses have a schedule).

So how are the crowds now - I need to go pickup and online order tomorrow (gun cleaning gear - not stocked at store) I don't want to get there and not be able to get in (my kids and buses have a schedule).

Was there today. not a problem to get in & out. The online pick up is at all the way back when you walk in.

They had plenty of CCI mini mags, but limit is 100 rounds at a time[frown]

Last edited:
Anyone see any CCI SV .22 there?

Yes, they had some today when I was there.

I grabbed a 333 pack of Winchester .22 for $12 (was not marked correctly on the box) and a 50 pack of some 165 grain Winchester .40 S&W range ammo for $17

Also grabbed a Stack-on 8 rifle cabinet to act as secure ammo storage

Best Deals, maybe not, but I would rather buy it when I see it at a reasonable price than not be able to get any.

Best part is that I paid for it all with a Tuffts Medical Center gift card that is my compensation for a medical study. I wonder if they would freak out knowing I spent their research money on ammo.

- - - Updated - - -

No real crowds. Maybe 100 people in the store when I was there. Parking was easy and the longest part of my experience was getting someone to get me my cabinet from the back room.

World's Foremost Bank owned by Cabela's has been known for some deceptive practices such as offering you $20 if you're pre-approved on the spot, and waiting a day to approve you so you think since you were approved you got $20, when in fact you didn't because the approval didn't happen on the spot. Also, they've been known to drop your credit line below what your balance is, then charge you an overage fee. Supposedly they've cleaned up their practices.

http://fortune.com/2011/03/08/worlds-foremost-credit-card-ripoff-update/

I used it for a screen room and deck and addition i did for someone once and went over my limit which i knew would happen.

They tried to charge me a fee and i told them that i would take my business elsewhere. They dropped the fee and raised my limit and saw that i should have a silver card, so they sent me one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a very well stocked ammo area, lots of every caliber including 22.... when I was there around 430 there were 10 boxes of the Remington 525 rd packs, walked around for about 10 more minutes looking around, wandered back around to ammo, all gone on the 525 rd

The Cabela's in CT is closer to me on this side of MA...

It will be nice to buy a gun from the MA store and not wait like the CT store...

I'll most likely save myself the trip and buy local here or take a trip to Four Seasons if I want to drive all day to buy a gun...

Still want to check the store out, I'll wait though...

They have a very well stocked ammo area, lots of every caliber including 22.... when I was there around 430 there were 10 boxes of the Remington 525 rd packs, walked around for about 10 more minutes looking around, wandered back around to ammo, all gone on the 525 rd

I was there Tuesday looking at the Henry Goldenboy and asked if they had 22 lr. The man behind the counter said I just put out 6 boxes. I went grabbed one 22 Thunderbolt Remington 500 rounds. Strolled over to the room where they have the nice rifles incased. The gentleman saw I had a bx in my hand and mentioned without me asking said we have plenty of 22 lr in all makes and will continue to make sure they are some on the shelves. Also to ask if you do not see any on the shelves. All that I can say I've been there 3 times and purchased 22 every time.

I have been there five times since it opened. For me it is really nice to have a reasonably well-stocked reloading supplier close by. I like instant gratification. I can get there during my lunch hour from work.

They have parts and accessories for my Hornady LNL AP, dies, including shell plate holders. They have primers in all sizes. Powder is scant but looks better each time I go, so maybe stock is still coming in. Prices on primers and powder aren't great, but I've seen worse. I buy my projectiles online, so I didn't see the prices, although they seem to have a good selection.

Nice to see a store in Massachusetts that encourages concealed carry. The firearms check-in booth has a clearly stated explicit exception for concealed carry.

I have been there five times since it opened. For me it is really nice to have a reasonably well-stocked reloading supplier close by. I like instant gratification. I can get there during my lunch hour from work.

They have parts and accessories for my Hornady LNL AP, dies, including shell plate holders. They have primers in all sizes. Powder is scant but looks better each time I go, so maybe stock is still coming in. Prices on primers and powder aren't great, but I've seen worse. I buy my projectiles online, so I didn't see the prices, although they seem to have a good selection.

Nice to see a store in Massachusetts that encourages concealed carry. The firearms check-in booth has a clearly stated explicit exception for concealed carry.

I think it would go very badly for them otherwise from an optics standpoint. And no, I don't mean scopes.

I do take issue with one component of the sign however, IF you accept the fact that as a matter of law, open carry of a handgun with a LTC is legal in Massachusetts, (yes, I know that in reality, it is a one-way ticket to unsuitability) what would happen if you were open carrying? The sign says that the Firearms check in is for people having work done such as repair, fitting, cleaning, etc (paraphrasing) and does not apply to customers with a concealed carry permit who intend to keep their firearm concealed.

I do take issue with one component of the sign however, IF you accept the fact that as a matter of law, open carry of a handgun with a LTC is legal in Massachusetts, (yes, I know that in reality, it is a one-way ticket to unsuitability) what would happen if you were open carrying? The sign says that the Firearms check in is for people having work done such as repair, fitting, cleaning, etc (paraphrasing) and does not apply to customers with a concealed carry permit who intend to keep their firearm concealed.

This is a good point. What do they do in states where people routinely open carry? Is this a Cabela's national policy or something just for Massachusetts?

In any case, it seemed a lot more welcoming than the stupid gun with the red circle and slash signs you see some places.

Got there shortly after opening today ~8:15am. Plenty of parking, No lines at any registers when I checked out around 9:30. There were quite a few more cars in the parking lot when I left compared to when I got there though.

They had a couple boxes of .22 thunderbolt on the shelves.
Not too great selection of powder for reloading (or at least nothing I'm currently using), although they did have a good selection of berry's bullets for pistol rounds. Didn't look too closely at what they had for rifle bullets.

I don't think they had quite as big of an inventory of clothing compared to the other two cabela's I've been to, but it did look like they had most of the basic/popular stuff. I didn't look too closely because I wasn't really shopping for regular clothes. And, while I didn't examine every single rack/aisle, I think the selection of hunting gear looked to be mostly current season appropriate stuff.

I think this cabela's might be the closest gun store to me now, definitely closest sporting-goods/hunting store.

I went by yesterday afternoon. Wasn't all that busy. Place is cool. They had a few bulk buckets of .22 on the shelf.

Are the prices in line with what you'd see at a local gun store?

Depends on what you are looking for. Some of the used guns are priced well, the new ones are generally more expensive although not all of them. Ammo depends, some is cheaper and others are more expensive.

Last edited:
I think you are always going to get a better deal on guns from a LGS across the board unless they have some kind of a loss leader or special buy that they can offer a special deal on. Cabela's is not a gun store, it is a destination full line outdoor store with a firearms department, big difference. I was there today.

I found the staff very friendly. There are always going to be sales. I don't think they claim to be a discount warehouse. Across the board of you want price 4 Seasons probably is most consistent across the board .

I have no problem with the variety of selection of ammo in popular calipers. As far as price goes, it is what it is.

Remember though, every dollar you spend there is one less dollar you spend at a local merchants. That's important to some, less so with others. I know I'll be back because I have always liked Cabela's. Will I buy a gun there? Probably not, but I doubt if I'll buy another gun at FS either not because I dislike them, but I see my savings erode by making the round trip.ill buy ammo there, jerky making supplies, apparel and impulse buy stuff at Cabela's.

The store appeals to my middle brow middle class values and I can relate to it more than the famous outdoor store in Freeport. YMMV

Last edited:
Another thing to mention: I picked up a few things in the store which I knew were on sale on the website. They were not marked on sale at the store, but the cashier said they would honor the online sale price when I asked him. It was kind of a pain though (well, mainly for the cashier) - he had to look up the price online, then get a supervisor to override the price for each item.

So if you see a lot of things for sale online you want to buy you are probably better off buying them online and selecting in-store pickup, rather than standing at the register trying to get the cashier to override a dozen different items.

If anyone is looking for 223/556, I made a run down today and they had a decent supply. It's kinda of scattered about the firearms section in different areas. Picked up some PMC Bronze for $0.38/round, so not too shabby.

I finally got a chance to look at their handgun section as last time I was there was opening weekend and didn't bother. I can confirm it is sub-par and the prices are horrible.

they don't sell used handguns or black rifles

I think we have to realize that Cabelas is not a gun store. It's an outdoor outfitters store that sells guns. If you want to buy a gun go to your LGS, if you want to buy a nice Columbia jacket wait for a sale and go to Cabelas, seems simple to me. Want to pretend you are at a deli and are buying a salami by taking a number but end up with a S&W Shield go to Four Seasons [rofl]

Last edited:
Took a ride up today what a waste of time. Looking for a few parts for a MEC loader nothing.
Ok I need to pick up a few short sleeve shooting shirts..forget it.
Next up a pair of pac boots I tore a hole in mine yesterday fishing,I really like the ones cabela's sells,nope.
The wife picked up a tee shirt, and I got some 22 ammo.
I will do my shopping online from know on.

Back
Top Bottom