Cabela's Hudson MA

Between this opening and the gun show in Marlborough this weekend I see a lot of lines. I'll skip both this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone who's been there comment on what they have for 'bulk' range/target ammo?

Any 500 or 1000 round boxes of common fmj ammo, such as 5.56/.223, .308, .380, 9mm, .45ACP at non-rapey prices?
There were plenty of everything g opening day, who knows what by now though.

I just went with my daughter (Almost 2yo).

I thought the place was nice. A bonus that its less than 15 minutes from my house. Well stocked, nice atmosphere. Kid likes the fish tank and the Taxidermy.

Almost too many employees. They were actually in the way and would have impromptu meetings in the middle of isles and block traffic. I couldn't get into the snack area with a shopping cart without pushing a display and some chairs in.

I'm sure the Hudson Store will be nice. I've been to the CT & ME stores and they spend a lot of $ to make it look right. They do make good quality outdoor style gear as a general rule: much better than Bass Pro stuff IMHO. My only beef is that their return policy isn't what it use to be NOR is Bass Pro's like it was 10 or 20 yrs back. LL Bean still has the countries best policy hands down (stuff is imported now, but they stand behind it 100% PERIOD).

Always good to have a place to stop in and poke around for all general outdoor needs (hunting, fishing, camping, shooting, reloading, etc ...). Much closer than Bass Pro Shops in Foxboro (I've gotten stuck in traffic during Pat's game or other events there and it isn't fun !!!). Nothing like that near bye and the parking area is massive. BJ's Wholesalers, Market Basket & Lowes are close as well, too. Drop off your significant other while you pop into Cabelas - PRICELESS !!!!

Yep, I went too and it was a total madhouse. Parking lot was full. To be expected on opening weekend I guess. They have a huge assortment of long guns, but I didn't take a look at the handguns. Had some nice Henry lever actions that were very tempting!

Ammo selection was pretty good (don't ask me exactly what they had, I didn't take inventory). I did see they had 500? round boxes of .22 Thunderbolt. Picked up a couple bulk packs of M855, grabbed a t-shirt on way to the register, and got the hell out of there.

I'll go back down when the crowds settle down.

I just went with my daughter (Almost 2yo).

I thought the place was nice. A bonus that its less than 15 minutes from my house. Well stocked, nice atmosphere. Kid likes the fish tank and the Taxidermy.

Almost too many employees. They were actually in the way and would have impromptu meetings in the middle of isles and block traffic. I couldn't get into the snack area with a shopping cart without pushing a display and some chairs in.
A lot of times when retail opens a store they bring in district management to help with the excess traffic in the stores. So not everyone there will be there in a week or two I'd bet.
Same with the displays in the aisle, they'll cut those back once regular foot traffic is established.

Yep, I went too and it was a total madhouse. Parking lot was full. To be expected on opening weekend I guess. They have a huge assortment of long guns, but I didn't take a look at the handguns. Had some nice Henry lever actions that were very tempting!

Ammo selection was pretty good (don't ask me exactly what they had, I didn't take inventory). I did see they had 500? round boxes of .22 Thunderbolt. Picked up a couple bulk packs of M855, grabbed a t-shirt on way to the register, and got the hell out of there.

I'll go back down when the crowds settle down.

what was the M855 going for?

Pretty disappointed with this store. I went today but was shocked how small it was compared to the one in ct. They're "sale" prices were the same as the regular prices elsewhere. Ammo was is good supply but only a few sale prices. Nothing worth waiting in the insanely long line for though. 300 rounds of .223 in an ammo box, pmc bronze for 135. I liked their selection of magpul furniture though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty disappointed with this store. I went today but was shocked how small it was compared to the one in ct. They're "sale" prices were the same as the regular prices elsewhere. Ammo was is good supply but only a few sale prices. Nothing worth waiting in the insanely long line for though. 300 rounds of .223 in an ammo box, pmc bronze for 135. I liked their selection of magpul furniture though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that is wasn't insanely low pricing, but if you're looking to buy bulk ammo, opening weekend at a Cabela's is definitely NOT the time to go! Only reason I went is for the M855 because I simply can't find any and was I completely out.

I agree that is wasn't insanely low pricing, but if you're looking to buy bulk ammo, opening weekend at a Cabela's is definitely NOT the time to go! Only reason I went is for the M855 because I simply can't find any and was I completely out.

Gotta wait till Dicks has it on sale again for $50 for the 150rd box, if that ever happens again. I think Walmart carries it for $75

I braved the snow dust to visit the new Cabela's today as well. I ended up picking up some shooting gloves so I can try them out with my snubby. I looked at a Ruger LCR in .22lr but I want to try my new gloves before I get another handgun. They didn't have much for .38 special and the price wasn't very special either :p The one cool thing is I got to meet the women from shoot like a girl and we had a great time chit chatting for probably an hour or more :) It was wall to wall people though, but everyone was very nice.

It wasnt that bad, I was too late to get a ticket for the gift cards. They filled up the parking lot aisle in front of the door, then they zigzagged people through the other lanes to form the line. You all might bash it, but I think its pretty cool store. I didnt price out ammo but I say a 250 round box of 45 for $119, seemed like a good deal from what I've seen so far. Drove down from Lowell, took 495. On the way back the off ramp was packed, can only imagine the delay.
View attachment 132429

Pitiful. Don't get me wrong, I love going through that store but to wait in that long a line to get in? Could have gone to Hartford and back before those guys got in.

I just have a horrible check out experience & Cabelas BS rule. I'm in line for an hour just to get check out.

Cabelas required 2 valid form of identification for firearm purchase. I have my valid LTC and DL. Due to my recent address change (2 yrs ago), my driver license don't have my updated address. Per MA law, I put a sticky behind my DL and write down my updated address. Cabelas do not consider & invalidate my driver license as valid identification. They want another identification verification. They want to put my purchase on hold.

I'm pissed. My argument with CS and escalate to the manager heat up to find out this is Cabelas BS rules. I asked what else can I proof my valid home address. One of the way to proof my address is car registration. I can also proof using utilities bills, property tax bill or bring a third identification like gov ID/passport.

FYI, if anyone with my unique situation, be aware of this BS rules.

****in waste of my time. I can walk in and out of local GS in 15 mins or less. I would choose local GS vs big box chain store. BS rules in place.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

They're just being cautious. You do look a bit like a terrorist. [laugh]

just visited this cabela's. cool store huge inventory. i asked a lady employee where I can checkout and she pointed at my ammo with the statement "you need a license for that!" so i asked "a license to buy it or sell it?" and im pretty sure she had a small
stroke at that point.

excellent selection and prices of some carry ammo and odd calibers. shit selection for range ammo and stupid overpriced. handgun selection garbage. rifles seem OK but optic selection was huge. overall i would say this place is more overpriced than bass pro.

highlight of our trip here is the Ulta right next door so my shorty can get her make-up.

went up there today not as big as i thought it would be i was gonna buy some ammo but when i made it to check out the line was half way across the store so i put it back it wasnt a good enough of a price to wait that long. all in all it was worth the ride but i wont be going back seeing how i have to drive past bass pro to get there

They're just being cautious. You do look a bit like a terrorist. [laugh]

Now that's racial profiling. Just because my name is Osama Ladin, it doesn't mean I'm a terrorist. Can I sued Cabelas?

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom