C&R handgun restrictions?

Are there any C&R handgun restrictions for us poor dumb bastards living here in the Peoples Republic of TAXachusetts?

The reason I ask is I was on Gunbroker.com and many of the sellers WILL NOT ship to C&R FFL here.

About 2 years ago I purchased a Japanese pistol with no problems. I did send a copy of my Mass. permit, drivers license and FFL.

Thanks.

The only actual restrictions are those on new large capacity magazines, which would rarely if ever apply to C&R handguns. The problem is that so many of them have either been listening to confused stories of the problems that befell some ammo dealers who had get hit by the AG's office when then neglected to get copies of current LTCs for customers, or have persistent scared off by rumors that handguns are illegal in Massachusetts. The fact is that there's absolutely no legal restrictions on anyone with a C&R or dealer FFL from shipping any C&R handgun to you as long as they have a signed copy of your C&R and a copy of your current LTC. The drivers license was superfluous for your previous purchases. You just need to find a source who hasn't been scared off by the FUD.

Ken

The reason I ask is I was on Gunbroker.com and many of the sellers WILL NOT ship to C&R FFL here.

About 2 years ago I purchased a Japanese pistol with no problems. I did send a copy of my Mass. permit, drivers license and FFL.

Thanks.

There are several companies that are denying Mass C&R licensed folks from purchasing, and unfortunately a good number of private sellers are starting to follow.
There's this big misconception that if you trade C&Rs with a Massachusetts buyer and sell us a gun here that hellfire and brimstone will fall from the heavens.[rolleyes]

I think we need to find out how to fight this or else before we know it no dealers or sellers will be shipping here.

It's very frustrating as it apprears these distributors seem to have the best prices around as well (whether it be a C&R Pistol or Ammo for it).

Is there a court case that was "lost" by the state or a legal precident that we could copy and inundate these suppliers with to try to sway their decision?? The more of us that send copies maybe they'll start realizing that they are loosing sales revenue!

It's very frustrating as it apprears these distributors seem to have the best prices around as well (whether it be a C&R Pistol or Ammo for it).

Is there a court case that was "lost" by the state or a legal precident that we could copy and inundate these suppliers with to try to sway their decision?? The more of us that send copies maybe they'll start realizing that they are loosing sales revenue!

The situation with the wussy dealers has nothing to do with actual
law. It has to do with the "consent decree" enema insertion campaign which
was previously waged by reilly. (Basically reilly threatened a bunch of
companies with "fines" if they didn't do "X Y and Z" and most companies,
instead of calling him on his bullshit, just bent over and did X, Y, and Z. After
a few of them did this, they started all telling one another that dealing
with people in MA is bad news, like as if your business would catch aids for
selling anything to an MA resident, type of tinfoil hat stuff.

-Mike

Ken,
would this affect the Belgian and Canadian made Hi-Powers, too ?
They are older than 50 years, and have 13 rd capacity in their
original config.

There's no ban on large capacity handguns. The only ban is on large capacity magazines made after the same 1994 date as the now-defunct federal ban. I've got a couple of Hi-Powers myself. I've got plenty of 13-round magazines for them, but can't buy any new ones. If a Massachusetts resident with a C&R can find someone willing to sell him or her a Browning there are absolutely no legal issues as along as any large capacity magazines are pre-ban.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom