Buying Legal Pot Will Get You On The Federal Database

Cigarettes for the flavor ?

lol

I never smoked. My father did, and it probably contributed to his death. That said, I love the smell of cigarettes when at the beach or skiing, from a distance. It reminds me of when I was a kid. Not the cheap "GPC" or other ones filled with old ground up sneakers, but the real tobacco ones. If I wanted a smoke, I'd probably buy organic tobacco.

I smoked for 30 years,quit cold turkey 5 years ago.I never liked the taste of cigarettes..what I liked was the ritual and something to do with my hands when i was nervous.

How do you quit nicotine by vaping nicotine ?

Isn't that how the whole "vaping" thing started? I think it was to wean people off cigarettes, and then reduce the nicotine dosage gradually. My father in law used some device to quit smoking, which lasted 7 or so years. He now smokes cheap cigars, and is going to try quitting again.

I never smoked. My father did, and it probably contributed to his death. That said, I love the smell of cigarettes when at the beach or skiing, from a distance. It reminds me of when I was a kid. Not the cheap "GPC" or other ones filled with old ground up sneakers, but the real tobacco ones. If I wanted a smoke, I'd probably buy organic tobacco.

Isn't that how the whole "vaping" thing started? I think it was to wean people off cigarettes, and then reduce the nicotine dosage gradually. My father in law used some device to quit smoking, which lasted 7 or so years. He now smokes cheap cigars, and is going to try quitting again.

Possibly..I would make a wager though that a small tiny percentage of smokers quit smoking due to vaping.

Its like saying you are going to stop drinking liquor by weening yourself off of it by drinking wine.

But,if even one person out of 1000 quits and was helped by vaping,its all good.

Haven’t followed the whole thread because I really don’t care that much either way about this subject, however, my apprentice was telling me earlier about how a friend was at the Leicester pot shop, via social media. I asked him if they scanned ID, yada yada. Kid got back and said that they scanned his ID and made him sign paperwork promising not to distribute it (yeah right)!!!

I told him to congratulate his buddy on voluntarily becoming a federal PP. dumbassery at its finest!

Some time way back in this thread I asked about medical MJ oil. I learned that it is legal and the DEA and Food and Drug have approved sale of it. Since the wife had a script for it, I was worried about the purchase since I would have to make it since she is immobile.

Unknown to me, she bought some through AMAZON!!!! My how the times have changed. Of course there is no THC in this stuff, but it seems to help her pain in a positive manner.

Someone I know went there and asked about the database. The answer was that it's a private database. The question is, who's private database is it? The FBI? Remember ATF stands for Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. They might as well just stick the Marijuana M in there somewhere now. ATMF.

Someone I know went there and asked about the database. The answer was that it's a private database. The question is, who's private database is it? The FBI? Remember ATF stands for Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. They might as well just stick the Marijuana M in there somewhere now. ATMF.
Imagine the interservice rivalry
if DEA's turf gets nibbled away and handed to ATF.
If each time there's a wave of legalization for a class of drugs,
DEA shrinks and ATF bloats...

Imagine the interservice rivalry
if DEA's turf gets nibbled away and handed to ATF.
If each time there's a wave of legalization for a class of drugs,
DEA shrinks and ATF bloats...

Ugh. Be nice if they both went away. DEA budget is around 2 billion, ATF is a little over a billion.

They already added Explosives (BATFE). Just add the M and get BATFME. Kind of reminds me of FML... [laugh]

How do you quit nicotine by vaping nicotine ?

Who cares? Nicotine isn't especially harmful, even if it is addictive. I would bet firing an AR with your nose on the charging handle is orders of magnitude more harmful than hitting a delicious vape.

evil is the defect of a due good, the use of right reason is a due good, the intended effect (the ends) of the use of each substance is different, and while I concur either drinking or smoking marijuana just to 'get a buzz' are both bad, alcohol or nicotine does not necessarily end in a disrupted use of reason, whereas I am unfamiliar with the widespread recreational use of marijuana other than to get a bit f***ed up.
if you can follow the above chain of reasoning, you now have some apprehension of why some people think marijuana is evil in a way alcohol is not.

I did not follow that at all and as some others here can confirm, I'm as wordy a bastard as they come. (though a distant second to calsdad)

...and while I concur either drinking or smoking marijuana just to 'get a buzz' are both bad,

Bad? Concurring with who, the Mormons? Note to self, drop that caffeine fix in the morning.

alcohol or nicotine does not necessarily end in a disrupted use of reason,

Just like alcohol, quantity consumed dictates the state of mind. There are plenty of drunk drivers who thought they were driving in a "reasonably" straight line.

whereas I am unfamiliar with the widespread recreational use of marijuana other than to get a bit f***ed up.

There has been research on the medical benefits to the intake of CBD, THC, and the terpenes as well. See, Conditions Treated by Cannabis | The Cannabis Review | MCR Labs and Effects of Cannabis | The Cannabis Review | MCR Labs

I've certainly consumed alcohol in the past to get a bit "f***ed up", sometimes to get a mild buzz, sometimes to relax, sometimes for the taste. All recreation-ally. Probably widespread, too. Bad!

...some apprehension of why some people think marijuana is evil in a way alcohol is not.

I get that. Though, some of the apprehension stems from FUD. Just like the FUD around those black killy things.

Who cares? Nicotine isn't especially harmful, even if it is addictive. I would bet firing an AR with your nose on the charging handle is orders of magnitude more harmful than hitting a delicious vape.

Vaping may or may not be “bad” (because you are inhaling something hot and just nit just nicotine) but I agree there’s ton of evidence about the benefits of nicotine: increased memory, lowers risk of Parkinson’s, lowers risk of Alzheimer’s, burns fat, doesn’t last as long as caffeine, etc etc

Negatives: addictive, may contribute to bone loss in older women.

I did not follow that at all and as some others here can confirm, I'm as wordy a bastard as they come.

I'll try another approach. How about start with this: the principal of double effect.

In this application, we're comparing 'social or recreational use', ignoring 'medicinal use' (or other uses) of the two.

In the recreational use of alcohol, many uses - for instance in culinary creations - are good, and the 'getting drunk' part (which affects the use of reason) is bad. Also, it requires an excess of alcohol to get drunk on than to merely enjoy.
In the recreational use of marijuana, there is no other use than the 'getting high' (its effect on the use of reason).

So, double effect applies to alcohol, if the intended effect is not to get buzzed or drunk. It does not in the same way apply to marijuana.

Last edited:
I'll try another approach. How about start with this: the principal of double effect.

In this application, we're comparing 'social or recreational use', ignoring 'medicinal use' (or other uses) of the two.

In the recreational use of alcohol, many uses - for instance in culinary creations - are good, and the 'getting drunk' part (which affects the use of reason) is bad. Also, it requires an excess of alcohol to get drunk on than to merely enjoy.
In the recreational use of marijuana, there is no other use than the 'getting high' (its effect on the use of reason).

So, double effect applies to alcohol, if the intended effect is not to get buzzed or drunk. It does not in the same way apply to marijuana.

I'm pretty sure your disapprove of pot and booze. By extension, perhaps caffeine and other stimulants, but at least those two.

I highly recommend then, that you do not partake of them. For the same reason, it close enough, I don't use pot although I'm rather fond of alcohol.

However, you have no right to impose your morals on others. It's none of your effing business what any of us use to recreate.

None of my business what you use, either.

It's is the same approach since you are referencing the same doctrine.

Since there are four conditions (tests), I wonder why it isn't called the principal of the quadruple effect. Something bad should be quadrupally bad, then.

And, the cool things is, you get to define the parameters! Awesome. What's bad, what's moral, what's good, what's evil, ignore this, ignore that, ...

I'm pretty sure your disapprove of pot and booze.

Maybe not, perhaps just the getting "drunk" part for alcohol. Which, I'm guessing, =bad? By the noted doctrine, this apparently balances with the "good" (cooking, taste of alcohol apparently = good). Which cancels the bad and therefore means alcohol is good to go? :emoji_thinking:

So, no worries then, drinking alcohol is approved under the principal of the quadruple effect. For now, at least. Pray that I don't change the parameters further :emoji_smile:

Such a bizarre argument, 99% of alcohol use is to get “high.” And why can’t peoole like the taste of cannabis or the smell of the smoke? How is that different from saying peoole drink alcohol just for the taste. And as other have pointed out, the absurdity of you are argument is fully exposed when we talk about legal stimulants, like caffeine.

If only the Feds would legalize it and treat it like alcohol we would save a lot of money and time discussing it. Until then it’s not a good thing to have your name associated with if you have an LTC or going to be completing Form 4 in the near future.

If only the Feds would legalize it and treat it like alcohol we would save a lot of money and time discussing it. Until then it’s not a good thing to have your name associated with if you have an LTC or going to be completing Form 4 in the near future.

If pots legal I cant go into your house and tell you that you cant have it. That's basically the single thing holding this up. People want to control their neighbors and community.

If pots legal I cant go into your house and tell you that you cant have it. That's basically the single thing holding this up. People want to control their neighbors and community.

I think it's the absence of an NHTSA approved and endorsed field sobriety test holding up federal legalization. If I were a high powered proponent of legalization with lots of resources ($$$$), I'd focus on a roadside FST for marijuana that the NHTSA would thumbs-up.

I think it's the absence of an NHTSA approved and endorsed field sobriety test holding up federal legalization. If I were a high powered proponent of legalization with lots of resources ($$$$), I'd focus on a roadside FST for marijuana that the NHTSA would thumbs-up.

The DUI/OUI thing is a very common battle cry from the prohibitionists. In their eyes if you cant prove you arent high or drunk than you need to not have access to things that cant be tested.

Because freedom.

Back
Top Bottom