Buying Legal Pot Will Get You On The Federal Database

THIS.

And, if purchasing in Massachusetts, you're doing so in a state that is already demonstrably hostile towards gun owners. If they're not PotBuyers ⨝ (LTC ∪ FID) at the moment, what makes you think they won't in the future? In fact, if federal law changes, I wouldn't put it past them to pass a state disqualifier.

there is already a time tested strategy for such laws:
upload_2018-11-27_7-26-1.jpeg

plenty of people are trying to just barely experience the effects vs get super stoned. This isn't a point you wanna make unless you'd also say that you'd buy odoul's or spirits-flavored alcohol-free liquor for the rest of your life. Otherwise, can you list a purpose of having the alcohol in there other than to catch a buzz?

Well, the thing is - I'm not trying to make an argument. My intent was to highlight the essence of what jrpascucci was saying....to which I see his point.
We can play this both ways.
Do MJ users smoke only for the flavor?

I see more possibility that Alch. and tobacco can be a 'flavor' thing while MJ is more for 'effect'. It may happen to taste nice to the user too but, that's not the main reason for partaking.
Therefore, I see his point.
That's all.

Wow, straight from the mouth of Cotton Mather (although growing hemp was probably no big deal back in his day) Your perspective may be a bit skewed as that is a load of nonsense. Want to tell me how many people are smoking cannabis and then beating the sh*t out of their spouse and children as a result? Because the list of people doing that under the influence of alcohol are too numerous to list, I can almost guarantee that it’s probably going on right now in numerous locations. But tell me more of this special evil bestowed to the demon weed....
$T2eC16h,!yME9s5qJFVEBRomYq!Zwg~~60_35.JPG

Source is a randomly selected and probably terribly biased site...
  • Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten
Domestic Violence Statistics

So in the couple of minutes it took to look that up and post this, 13 or 14 women have been beat up. It seems likely some of those are fueled by alcohol.

I see more possibility that Alch. and tobacco can be a 'flavor' thing while MJ is more for 'effect'. It may happen to taste nice to the user too but, that's not the main reason for partaking.
That's all.

Honestly, I doubt it's the main reason alcohol or tobacco users are partaking, either. Especially not the eye-opener to nightcap guys who buy/stash pints of Popov.

I am not in favor of ANY form of Prohibition - in fact, even regard drinking/smoking ages as a nannying and dumbing-down of the population.

That said, ethanol and nicotine are among the most addictive substances known. Ethanol consumption - especially when chronic, and even if nowhere near the "eye-opener to nightcap" level - actually changes the brain's wiring, to an extent that withdrawal can be anything from very painful to life-threatening.

Well, the thing is - I'm not trying to make an argument. My intent was to highlight the essence of what jrpascucci was saying....to which I see his point.

That's all.

sure. cept my point sorta refutes yours. If what you're saying is true, then non alcoholic beer and spirits/ nicotine free tobacco (which is genetically engineered and in trial stages) should suffice for everyone and there's no reason to have alcohol in beverages or nicotine in the tobacco.

Otherwise you have to cede the point that the effects of alcohol or nicotine, however minuscule, is also what the user is after.

If you wanna maintain that taste and flavor is the main reason for use of alcohol and tobacco, but refuse the notion that you should then be just as happy with non-alcoholic/nicotine free beer/spirits/tobacco, then i think there's some intellectual dishonesty going on.

'main reason for partaking' is subjective to the person.

But I get what you're saying, understand the point, and just disagree. which is fine. still appreciate your perspective.

Source is a randomly selected and probably terribly biased site...
  • Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten
Domestic Violence Statistics

So in the couple of minutes it took to look that up and post this, 13 or 14 women have been beat up. It seems likely some of those are fueled by alcohol.

That is a disturbing statistic, (stop hitting ladies folks damn!) Yeah alcohol definitely reduces your natural inhibition when it comes to impulsive, aggressive and violent behavior. Everything in moderation if used responsibly it’s not a bad thing but I remember reading about booze fueled pogroms in Russia and Germany (I’m sure elsewhere too). Highly doubt that would have happened if they were puffing on Satan’s lettuce. Both have the potential for a negative impact when abused but, it’s really no comparison, cannabis is a far safer recreational substance and it actually has a litany of proven medical and therapeutic benefits. The sky certainly won’t fall if it is universally legal, stock prices for private prisons will suffer but oh well...

:)

to be completely forthcoming, I was noticing M1911 might not have been picking up what 'jr' was laying down, which resulted in the typical $hitstorm so, I was attempting to draw some clarity to jr's post.
I guess you can't quell a shitstorm - just ask Randy Lahey
lol

That's all.

Totally agree. A buddy of mine uses of good deal of cocaine. When I confronted him, he told me he just likes the way it smells. No comeback to that!

Amanda Was Here

amanda.jpg amanda2.jpg
Bynes already has thoughts and words of advice for people who might see themselves in some of her experiences. "My advice to anyone who is struggling with substance abuse would be to be really careful because drugs can really take a hold of your life," she says "Everybody is different, obviously, but for me, the mixture of marijuana and whatever other drugs and sometimes drinking really messed up my brain. It really made me a completely different person. I actually am a nice person. I would never feel, say or do any of the things that I did and said to the people I hurt on Twitter."

She continues, "There are gateway drugs and thankfully I never did heroin or meth or anything like that but certain things that you think are harmless, they may actually affect you in a more harmful way. Be really, really careful because you could lose it all and ruin your entire life like I did."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e-i-did/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8ced3087cb20

“I started smoking marijuana when I was 16,” said Bynes, who has now been sober for almost four years. “Even though everyone thought I was the ‘good girl,’ I did smoke marijuana from that point on.”

Bynes added: “I didn’t get addicted [then] and I wasn’t abusing it. And I wasn’t going out and partying or making a fool of myself . . . yet.”

The drug Bynes did abuse was Adderall, a stimulant commonly used to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy. She also said she experimented with the drug MDMA (also known as molly or ecstasy) and cocaine.

Bynes said she was filming the 2007 film “Hairspray” when she read a magazine article touting Adderall as “ ‘the new skinny pill’ and they were talking about how women were taking it to stay thin. I was like, ‘Well, I have to get my hands on that.’ ”

High on marijuana when she saw the movie, Bynes said she didn’t know “if it was a drug-induced psychosis or what, but it affected my brain in a different way than it affects other people. It absolutely changed my perception of things.”

The actress then abruptly announced her retirement in tweets, a decision she described as “stupid” and “really foolish.”

“If I was going to retire [the right way], I should’ve done it in a press statement — but I did it on Twitter,” she said. “Real classy! But, you know, I was high and I was like, ‘You know what? I am so over this,’ so I just did it. . . . I was young and stupid.”

Without her acting career, Bynes said she “had no purpose in life” and started spending all her time being stoned.

Bynes’s Twitter account was a constant source of fodder for news sites and tabloids, which devoured her outlandish rants: She called the Obamas “ugly,” for example, and falsely accused her father of “verbal and physical abuse,” which she later recanted.

Last edited:
No alcohol and no tobacco can alter your mental state for a long time and create strong bond with a human mind and the body which is so strong that it is impossible to brake.

Alcohol alters your body so much that it can kill you if you stop. I don't think you know *anything* about physiology, chemistry, 'synthetic drugs', or spelling.

Additionally, Plato, in Symposium:
“Well gentlemen, how can we arrange to drink less tonight? To be honest, I still have a terrible hangover from yesterday, and I could really use a break. I dare say most of you could, too, since you were also part of the celebration. So let’s try not to overdo it.”

Plato (427–347 BCE), Symposium

So, your gobledygook about philosophical virtues re: mental state is but one interpretation, and not based in modern understanding of the human psyche.

Alcohol alters your body so much that it can kill you if you stop. I don't think you know *anything* about physiology, chemistry, 'synthetic drugs', or spelling.

Additionally, Plato, in Symposium:

So, your gobledygook about philosophical virtues re: mental state is but one interpretation, and not based in modern understanding of the human psyche.

You are correct. I know nothing. I am just sharing with you what I have experienced with my brother and people around him. That is about it.

The original post was about if they were tracking you in a database. People turned it into a pot discussion. Fact is the way the law is you could very well lose your LTC and that would suck.
word. with that, i'll just get someone else to buy for me :)
is that a straw purchase now, yeesh..

haha but, yup

as a smoker quitting with nicotine vape, the flavor of an actual cigarette one thing I sometimes miss.

I smoked for 30 years,quit cold turkey 5 years ago.I never liked the taste of cigarettes..what I liked was the ritual and something to do with my hands when i was nervous.

How do you quit nicotine by vaping nicotine ?

Looks more like she was hitting the Pizza Hut buffet. Carb addiction did that... carb addiction and child actor syndrome. That’s a shame either way though. Glad she’s hot again.

Then there’s this quote from the article: She added that everything she had spent her life working on, she “ruined” through Twitter.

Guess social media is the real scourge here.

Last edited:

If you actually bother to read the article she used (and was addicted to) adderall and other shit, too.

To blame all of that on weed is silly. That woman's elevator obviously didn't go to the top for awhile. Weed had jack shit to do with that... [rofl] look at
the totality of the circumstances. If she was a raging alcoholic would you guys feel better? That's legal.... [rofl]

This is the type of "dilapidated 80's cadillac stuck on bollard in front of store, storefront pedal stomping, very geriatric, reefer madness" BS that does the exact opposite of selling your argument. Nobody will take you seriously if that's a citation as to "why legalizing weed is bad. "

-Mike

You are correct. I know nothing. I am just sharing with you what I have experienced with my brother and people around him. That is about it.

I think that’s part of the issues, while I don’t want to totally discount personal experience, some of us actually have some degree of expertise when it comes to knowledge of dangerous drugs.

If you actually bother to read the article she used (and was addicted to) adderall and other shit, too.

To blame all of that on weed is silly. That woman's elevator obviously didn't go to the top for awhile. Weed had jack shit to do with that... [rofl] look at
the totality of the circumstances. If she was a raging alcoholic would you guys feel better? That's legal.... [rofl]

This is the type of "dilapidated 80's cadillac stuck on bollard in front of store, storefront pedal stomping, very geriatric, reefer madness" BS that does the exact opposite of selling your argument. Nobody will take you seriously if that's a citation as to "why legalizing weed is bad. "

-Mike

Mike, I did not comment on that post. Maybe you have not noticed. I did read it. This is a complex issue and none of us knows anything. So, let's just read what other people experienced. You may be interested also in this:
The Inside Story of Mike Isabella's Fallen Empire

I think that’s part of the issues, while I don’t want to totally discount personal experience, some of us actually have some degree of expertise when it comes to knowledge of dangerous drugs.

Would you, please, show it here? Show that you have some experience besides; "A buddy of mine uses of good deal of cocaine".
I would love to read your comments on the video I have posted here. I would love to learn more.

Would you, please, show it here? Show that you have some experience besides; "A buddy of mine uses of good deal of cocaine".
I would love to read your comments on the video I have posted here. I would love to learn more.

Dude, come on that was an obvious joke and a classic one “he just likes the smell.” That’s good material!

I'm quitting the tar and carcinogens first - that's how!

Good luck man.

First step is convincing yourself you have the willpower to stop,vaping is just another form of smoking.

It wasnt easy,I went full retard and quit drinking coffee and smoking the same day to see if I could do it.

I dont smoke,but I do have a cup of Kona coffee on the weekends sometimes,mostly I just drink water in the morning.

thx - not to continue this somewhat 'off topic' bit of this thread but, coffee was no issue. From three cups of home perk dark a day to nothing. No ill effects.

Lack of Nic. makes me cranky - with the vape I can wean down without being a prick to those around me.
Though, that's sometimes fulfilling too.
;)

Dude, come on that was an obvious joke and a classic one “he just likes the smell.” That’s good material!

My questions are mostly related to human engineering. We can now program DNA and create "better people". We can also alter human behavior and create artificial moods and possibly artificial environments. We can enhance experiences to the point that humans will no longer consider "normal life" interesting. At the same time we are working on robots and AI which will not replace humans but they will allow humans to focus on their "free time". Human engineering is the future, like it or not. My brother became a prototype of such a human. He was able to work like no other human, he was learning languages faster than anybody else, he has survived many accidents and had energy like nobody else. He also had "visions" which were eventually proven to be correct. Yet, his body was not able to handle such a load. But we have solutions in place for that also. My question is: Are we so bored with our everyday lives that we are ready to take the next step and become "super humans" even when our bodies may live only 40-50 years?

My questions are mostly related to human engineering. We can now program DNA and create "better people". We can also alter human behavior and create artificial moods and possibly artificial environments. We can enhance experiences to the point that humans will no longer consider "normal life" interesting. At the same time we are working on robots and AI which will not replace humans but they will allow humans to focus on their "free time". Human engineering is the future, like it or not. My brother became a prototype of such a human. He was able to work like no other human, he was learning languages faster than anybody else, he has survived many accidents and had energy like nobody else. He also had "visions" which were eventually proven to be correct. Yet, his body was not able to handle such a load. But we have solutions in place for that also. My question is: Are we so bored with our everyday lives that we are ready to take the next step and become "super humans" even when our bodies may live only 40-50 years?

I don’t know the answer to any of this.....people have always sought escape from the stresses that many feel with everyday life. Obviously lots of us can use alcohol without developing an addiction, but some people, for a complex serious of factors, they end up addicted (and basically screwed).

I have lost several friends and family members to opioids. While I have been adminstering anesthesia for almost a decade now, I used to work at BMC as an RN, I’ve seen the harm and pain caused by drugs over and over.

I just don’t think prohibition is a very good solution.

I don’t know the answer to any of this.....people have always sought escape from the stresses that many feel with everyday life. Obviously lots of us can use alcohol without developing an addiction, but some people, for a complex serious of factors, they end up addicted (and basically screwed).

I have lost several friends and family members to opioids. While I have been adminstering anesthesia for almost a decade now, I used to work at BMC as an RN, I’ve seen the harm and pain caused by drugs over and over.

I just don’t think prohibition is a very good solution.

Prohibition is not a good solution. I agree. Government becoming a drug dealer is a different story, though.
I am coming from a different world. From the world which signed all agreements and treaties but in reality continued all developments of chemical and biological weapons. You are talking 50-60 years of R&D which was not wasted. China and Russia are far ahead of us. My conclusion from all of this; We are preparing for something which has arrived over there 20 years ago. Maybe we should learn from them, for a change.

Back
Top Bottom