• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying a 1000+ lb safe and need it moved into my basement

Go to your local powerlifting gym and bet the guys they can't move it...lol.No seriously I'm a powerlifter and I had 2 other big guys help me move one of my safes (1500#) and it was a challenge but if you have strong guys that are used to lifting heavy stuff you can do it.I used a box truck w/liftgate and a STONG handtruck and then laid it on it's side and slid it in on 2x6's.Pipes as were mentioned above will work great just be careful not to damage it.I strongly recommend getting a set of (wood's) glass suction cups.If the safe has a smooth paint finish they will stick right to it and not let go even as heavy as it may be.This will help give you something to pick it up with.It really helped me.I used to be a licensed glazier so I can vouch that they will work and you may be able to rent or borrow them from your local glass shop.If you need to buy them they're about $50.00 ea. but be sure to get the metal ones (NOT PLASTIC)!I personally have stood on 2 of these stuck to a glass skylight 11 stories up and I weight 275# so they will work.I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom