"Bullet pierces home in Berkley"

DW357

NES Member
They all hid in their car awaiting police since it "wasn't safe in the house"!! [laugh] They should be sent videos of what a car shoot does to a car (at least the shots that hit it)!

Kid in kitchen "was almost shot", "it just missed her" . . . meanwhile the bullet hole was ~1" from the ceiling! [rolleyes]

Drama much?

My Wife asked me what I would have done and I said that I'd NEVER invite the media into my home, period!

They should have stayed in the house. The guy target shooting should have a better back stop. The owner off the house should ask if he can learn to shoot at the guys range and offer to help him build a better back stop.

Last edited:
They all hid in their car awaiting police since it "wasn't safe in the house"!! [laugh] They should be sent videos of what a car shoot does to a car (at least the shots that hit it)!

Kid in kitchen "was almost shot", "it just missed her" . . . meanwhile the bullet hole was ~1" from the ceiling! [rolleyes]

Drama much?

My Wife asked me what I would have done and I said that I'd NEVER invite the media into my home, period!

Yeah I died laughing when they said they hid in their car. This wasn't a lightning storm people haha. I'm curious if they peed themselves while in the car?...

They did a good job making this so dramatic.

They should have stayed in the house. The guy target shooting should have a better back stop

I agreed with the homeowner when he said he wants the range/farm to build berms to prevent this. Otherwise he was way too dramatic on everything else. Those facebook comments are terrible.

They should be sent videos of what a car shoot does to a car (at least the shots that hit it)!
I remember a match at Harvard where a target was behind car doors, and the car was designated soft cover. The bulk of the target exposure was hidden, and the easiest and quickest shot was through the door.

"I heard a huge boom and I saw the wall start to crumble,".

Must have been a Barret .50 to make the wall crumble...

In all seriousness - the neighbor should have a much better backstop and awareness of where his bullets are going.

Last edited by a moderator:
"A Berkley family said their quiet cul-de-sac felt like a war zone" [hmmm]

Funny, i had someone executed in front of my house and a war zone didnt pop into my head, in fact i didnt even shelter in place.

Paul said the man who shot the bullet has apologized and offered to pay for the damage. He reached out to FOX 25 because he questions a law that makes it legal for this kind of thing to happen.
"I don't know anything about guns, but to have a single bullet traverse forest, cross a rail line, and land within ten feet of person sitting in their home is definitely a story worth sharing," he said.
There is no way this is the end of the story.

Next up: state-wide move to change law from 500' to 2000'.

Clowns like this shooter just keep giving the Anti's more fuel for their fire. They were dramatic about it for sure but I think I would be a little pissed if a bullet came through my wall.

This sounds like a case of careless and negligent use of a firearm.

Absolutely!…And to those of you picking on the father for being overly dramatic, are you serious? Don't get me wrong, the guy does seem like a turd, but come on guys, If some jackass fired a bullet through my home id be pretty fired up too.

Absolutely!…And to those of you picking on the father for being overly dramatic, are you serious? Don't get me wrong, the guy does seem like a turd, but come on guys, If some jackass fired a bullet through my home id be pretty fired up too.
True, But I would ask the farmer to have a look at the back stop and offer to help him make improvements.

Your right, I would be pissed too. The guy idiot who fired the shot needs a lesson on know your target and what's beyond.

2,440 ft.

must have shot over the target, arched the shot over the woods.

been out of Berkley 15yrs, population has doubled, all yuppies now with McMansions.

When the (now) wife was first at my house, she calls me at work..."Leo next door just walked into the woods in back with a shotgun!"
Yeah, it's deer season, he has a tree stand back there. LOL

Last edited:
Checked the topo map - elevations are within 10' of each other

Ballistics calc shows on the order of a 60" drop (69g 223) for 500 yards plus give it hitting 7' up from a reasonable target level (foundation at 2-3' above grade) would put the aim point about 0.3° up angle (~16 minutes) - A very easy mistake.

However, looking at the google map the majority of the land inbetween looks more like swampy scrub than forest - There is probably a small section of trees on either side.

Back
Top Bottom