• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

brother shoots brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see an eight year old die in nonsense like this. I have no sympathy for the gang members and their buddies when they get killed but an eight year old doesn't have the choice to avoid such contact in his own home.
On another note, I fail to see how something like this could happen in the city of Boston with their far superior gun laws. [rolleyes] Must have been a gun snuck in from New Hampshire. [rofl]

jose +1

and dont think for a second that the kids parents wouldnt use him as a human shield or a hostage if the cops ever busted through that door

WTF do all these kids' parents do all day??? Nothing? Not around? Jesus Christ... all the cops in the world can't fix this problem. These kids need some family around. Damn pathetic story.

All I heard on the news about this story was MORE gun control is needed...

Look out guys...

on the news

His farther was convicted of manslaughter and is in jail, his mother
has a record, a gangbanger in training.

I realize he was 8 yrs old, but where was he heading....

JimB

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma.../26/cousin_seen_as_accidental_killer_of_boy_8

This link has more background on the kid's "family" or lack thereof.

He's lucky to have made it to eight.

Sometimes I think we should just put up a big fence around these neighborhoods with a "don't feed the animals' sign on it. Where are the moral values?

I guess you don't need a belief system when you have a "compassionate" government giving you everything you need and want.

Sad.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma.../26/cousin_seen_as_accidental_killer_of_boy_8

This link has more background on the kid's "family" or lack thereof.

He's lucky to have made it to eight.

Sometimes I think we should just put up a big fence around these neighborhoods with a "don't feed the animals' sign on it. Where are the moral values?

I guess you don't need a belief system when you have a "compassionate" government giving you everything you need and want.

Sad.
What a frigging mess. That kid didn't have a chance in that shithole.

And what's with this? A delinquent child is defined as a child between the ages of 7 & 17 years. "Sluggo" Davis is wrong or lying.
Menino and Davis declined to identify the boy, other than to say he was a cousin of the victim. Under state law, Davis said, the boy is too young to be charged.

Police Searching For Child Who Shot Cousin, 8

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/13569233/detail.html

Police Searching For Child Who Shot Cousin, 8
Illegal Gun Used In Shooting Found In Stairwell

POSTED: 6:21 am EDT June 26, 2007
UPDATED: 6:55 am EDT June 26, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

BOSTON -- Police say it was another child who pulled the trigger in the shooting that killed an 8-year old boy in Boston Sunday night. Now that child is missing, along with his mother.

NewsCenter 5's Gail Huff reported that Laquarrie Jefferson, 8, was not shot by armed men, as police were told right after the shooting. Officials now say that there was an illegal gun in the house that the children were playing with.

"We have determined that in fact the shot was fired by a 7-year-old relative of the victim, and it was a case of young children playing with firearms," Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said.

Laquarrie's mother, Lakeshia Gadsen, left police headquarters Monday after recanting her initial story that three armed men had kicked her apartment door in Sunday night and shot the boy in the stomach.

Family members who were there told police a different story, and after investigators found the gun hidden in a stairwell, Gadsen told police what actually happened.

"We recovered the firearm. The firearm has been tested and has been positively identified as the weapon that was used to shoot the victim," Davis said.

Detectives knew early on that Laquarrie's teenage brother may be involved with gangs, but they do not know how the gun came to be in the apartment.

"This gun did not belong in that home. It was an illegal gun," Boston Mayor Tom Menino said after cutting short a mayor's conference meeting in Los Angeles to return to the city because of the shooting.

It is unclear whether anyone involved in the case will face any charges.

Unclear if anyone will be charged???? This is BS!!!! The mother lied to the police about the gun and must have obviously known it was there. She should be in jail.

If it was my gun that is legally owned license in hand they would have locked me up and thrown away the key.

Menino needs to be pressured into having the DA throw the book at this criminal mother.

I did see Mumbles stuttering about "We must get these illegal guns off of our streets..."

No mention that the parents were deadbeats and leeches on society... That's probably because they vote "D"

I did see Mumbles stuttering about "We must get these illegal guns off of our streets..."

I have an idea!

Start a gun buy-back program and offer Target gift cards for every firearm turned in. Structure it according to the type of guns turned in... $$$ for an
"assault weapon"... $$ for a handgun... $ for a shotgun. It would be a great incentive and...

Ohhh, wait a minute [thinking] ... never mind.

names....

Pilgrim, in all seriousness, a life was lost recently....

*snickers*[rofl][laugh][smile] its true... where the hell do they come up with them?? I mean maybe its ethnic so people think they just came off of the fields picking cotton or something? I mean come on ....

Seriously though, sucks for that kid....[thinking]

Pilgrim, in all seriousness, a life was lost recently....

I hate to sound crass or unfeeling, but if it wasn't today, it would be some other date and maybe not before he took someone else with him...that or jail time after committing a crime. He had NO chance in that environment.

I was shocked as hell to here most of the new broad cast saying that it was an Illegal Gun... normally they ignore that fact.

Not to sound heartless... but based on this kids family... he had a life expectancy of about 16 years old..

Dad = Scumbag
Mom = Scum bag
Aunt = Scumbag

It is tragic... and sad... but I am forced to agree that this kid would have been on the streets in 2 years packing.

And I bet no one in the home is charged with anything, no possesion of a firearm, false reporting, obstruction...... nothing, lets just take the guns from legal owners and let the criminals be criminals.....

Anyone else see the shooter's "god mother" on the news last night. It made me sick...the reporter started asking about the fake story the family had initially made up (im sure to cover up the illegally owned firearm) and the godmother just kept saying over and over "this just goes to show that guns and kids dont mix" and "guns caused this death"....it made my hair stand up because:
1. it was obvious she was trying to shift attention off the fact that they were scumbags and had loaded, illegal firearms in the react of little children
2. "normal" people probably were nodding their heads in agreement

The most disturbing part of the case is the attempted lie and coverup by the family. Even though the gun was illegal, it is a truely saddening event for ANY 7-year old tobe shot and killed. It really really bothers me that these people's child could die and their first through was to lie about the circumstances of his death....

Lots here seem to think this kid was destined to a life of crime and murder, but i think thats being pretty harsh. He was 7 years old. Sure he had the cards stacked against him, but i have known a few amazing individuals who came from homes far more scewed up than this kid's, so i think thats not the best way to think about the situation. One of my best friends in college was intelligent, well spoken, and is now very well-respected in his field and he spent the first 9 years of his life quite literally locked in a cage being abused by his parents...just because an environment frequently creates bad apples doesnt mean the kid was a criminal who just hadnt fully developed yet.

Regardless of how much of a scumbag family this kid had, i feel for anyone who loses a young child, and fear most for the shooter. I cant imagine the psychological damage that killing a family member by accident would do to a young child....

Last edited:
It is sad, on many levels. First, it's sad that the politicians will use this death to push more of their pet programs. Then it's sad that this kid had no chance, not one, of growing up to be a law abiding citizen. It's sad that the government and well meaning "activists" have created a segment of society that is constantly rewarded and encouraged (financially) to engage in anti social, irresponsible behavior.

It's sad that no one has the guts to cut the funding cycle and discourage this destructive culture.

Gary

1. The speculation that no one will be charged (unlawful possession, possession by a felon, improper storage, false report) is probably accurate; "after all," some will say, "we have to be sympathetic to those who have suffered this loss." The fact of the matter is that if some of these folks were charged, it would do far more to protect the next 8-year old kid than all of the hand wringing about "illegal guns."

2. What is interesting is that the fake story lasted for about 5 minutes. The squad dicks (who were down the street on another call and arrived at 266 Seaver within minutes of the first report) were on to the falsity before the Homicide Squad even got on the scene. Too bad this fact won't be better publicized.

*sigh*

I've said it many many times. Read Chapter One of Massad Ayoob's "The Truth About Self-Protection" and you'll know EXACTLY what this kid's potential was. Could he have turned out different? Sure, but it's not all that likely.

Sad, but denying facts doesn't change reality.

And yes, the liberals will use this to force MORE laws oin those of us who are not Gang Banging families. (Wait, that doesn't quite sound right) Family full of Gang Bangers. (jeeze, that's worse) A Family with a history of Gang related activity.

And yes, I fully expect there to be NO CHARGES related to this because the people involved are all a "protected class" here in Massachusetts - ie, Life long democrat voters on the handout.

I'm sorry guys if it sounds harsh, but in the kind of environment described, tragedy has already occurred and was ignored until someone died.

anyone else think the shooter will be gettin a tear drop tattooed on his face sometime soon???

the only tragedy is that the gun didnt have a mind of its own and take out everyone in the house

I hate to sound crass or unfeeling, but if it wasn't today, it would be some other date and maybe not before he took someone else with him...that or jail time after committing a crime. He had NO chance in that environment.

Right on the money, but very few would say that.

No mention that the parents were deadbeats and leeches on society... That's probably because they vote "D"

VOTE?!?!?!?!?!? You and I know both know these scumbags don't vote. Why would they, when they know they'll get their government cheese no matter what. [rolleyes]

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH. [angry]

I can understand the reasoning behind them not charging the child with the shooting, but the mother, the aunt, they all should be put in jail. Their irresponsibility & sheer laziness combined with their scumbag lifestyle led to that child's death & they should pay for their crime.

The least these scumbags can do is use a damn trigger lock, lock the gun in a safe, store ammo separately & these things wouldn't happen...

Oh.. wait a minute.. only responsible, legal gun owners do those things. [rolleyes]

I have children.. I have guns.. bet your arse that NO child will EVER get access to a firearm in my home.. Locked up & secured.. it's not too hard to accomplish that... but then again, I suppose they're too lazy to take 10 minutes out of their life to lock something up.

Who Killed LaQuarrie Jefferson?

While the sorrow, media frenzy and speculation continues over this tragedy, the NCL like many are asking this very question. It’s human nature to react to such a traumatic event by wanting to know the root cause. Determining the root cause accurately will help us all cope with the death of an innocent boy and hopefully learn from it. But will we? Will we have the courage to look seriously at this issue or will we hid behind the usual rhetoric?

Unlike the Boston Herald, the Boston Globe, Mayor Menino, Edward Davis and scores of others who want to immediately blame the inanimate object they like to label as an “illegal gun”, we believe the answer lies beyond this pandering of the truth. Firearms are tools, very much like a hammer is a tool. It takes a an individual acting on their own accord, taking full responsibility for their actions, to either use that tool for good or evil.

• Statements from Mayor Menino published in both newspapers immediately asked the question: “Where did the gun come from?”

• Clara Ventura a neighbor is quoted as saying: “They shouldn’t have guns in the home.”

• Edward Davis is quoted as saying: “No one in the home is license to own a firearm.”

• LaQuarrie’s father, Liquarry Jefferson, 27, is a convicted killer who is serving time for a string of armed robberies and murder.

Let’s reflect on these statements. There is no such thing as an “illegal gun”, there are however, guns obtained illegally by human beings who make a conscious decision to ignore existing Massachusetts laws. In this respect, LaQuarrie’s parents were model examples.

The gun didn't sneak into the Dorchester house and slip itself into a little kid's bedroom or under the stairs. It was carried into the home by an adult, almost certainly a criminal (large numbers of the adults residing there are convicts), and most likely by one of the fathers of Lakeisha Gadson's seven children.

And the Media, Mayor Menino and others are blaming this poor child's death on a GUN? By making such ridiculous statements, the mayor isn’t showing any sign of intelligence or understanding, let alone the leadership or courage to tackle this issue head on.

Instead he offers an insult to every responsible Mom and Dad in America who is also a responsible gun owner. Fortunately, they far outnumber these Dorchester idiots, by the way.

Blaming the gun is also unfair to little LaQuarrie's parents. They deserve the "credit" for his death, not the gun. No, they didn't actually shoot him, but making the unlawful choices that they did made his violent, tragic death far more likely.

Blaming the gun is akin to blaming all “Public Housing Projects” for breeding the violence, drugs, gangs and murder in Massachusetts. Why don’t we just ban these as well saving the tax payers millions of dollars and putting the responsibility back on those that live there to do better?

Today we’re calling on Mayor Menino and his Mayor’s Against Illegal Guns responsible to act upon the #1 tenant of their coalition: “Punish - to the maximum extent of the law - criminals who possess, use, and traffic in illegal guns.” (sic) The Boston Police and the Mayor already are empowered to trace this gun through the BATFE and determine its original legal owner. Do it. Finger prints on the firearm will most likely determine who brought the firearm into the home. Do it. Then hold those responsible – responsible.

Will his lying, thug of a mother or dirtbag of a "father" or the collection of low-rent criminals around him be held responsible by their community or the Mayor? Will neighbors hiss "shame on you" when they pass LaQuarrie's mom on the street? Will she, or the loser sperm donor currently doing time, feel any shame at all?

Of course not. Why should they? Do you hear anyone blaming them? No, the only thing we hear is - it's the “illegal” or “evil” gun, or the lack of summer jobs programs, or…any number of other lame inappropriate excuses.

LaQuarrie deserves better, and so do the thousands of other children just like him across America. It’s time to put these criminals behind bars – for good. It’s time to hold responsible (Mayor Menino, Attorney’s and our Court System) those who won’t hold these criminals responsible. It’s time to stop blaming law-abiding gun owners for the unlawful acts of criminals and put the blame on the lack of courage displayed by our leaders and the criminals they protect.

Last edited:
This was truly a horrible incident, no 8 year old kid should go out like that or be brought up in those conditions, and this kid's "support system" consisted of nothing but low-life scumbags, I agree wholeheartedly with all of that.

What I don't agree with are the comments on this board suggesting that fences should be built around "those" neighborhoods, that the majority of people that live there are lazy bottom-feeding, gang-banging drug dealers living off the system and that those that aren't are sympathizers. The majority of people that live in Dorchester, Roxbury, Lawrence, Lynn, and lots of other cities with a bad rap are honest, hard-working, tax-paying citizens just like the rest of you. Far from being sympathizers, they LIVE with this madness that most of you only read about and comment on from afar. We all know the only news worth reporting (in the eyes of the media) is bad news...you never hear "8 year old Dorchester boy wins spelling bee...". Yet, every time something like this happens, I don't know, it's like everyone's inner "redneck" comes spewing forth in gobs of uninformed, sensationalist bullshit. When the media only focuses on the negatives of firearms, you get all rowdy, talking about how the media is slanted and don't know what they're talking about, yet from the comments on this board from a LOT of you, you've formed your whole opinion on places like Dorchester STRICTLY from the media...and that's pathetic for people who pride themselves on not being "sheep".

I think the mother, aunt, and every other adult in that house should be charged with that kid's murder and locked up for this. But please, don't let incidents like this bring out the ugly side of human nature. And for those that think nobody can overcome situations like this, you're dead wrong. Some of the most influential people in the world came from bad backgrounds like this...those with the drive to truly make something of themselves are actually STRENGTHENED by this kind of upbringing, as it gives them a sense of determination, fearlessness and ability to overcome hardship and overwhelming odds to achieve success that many people that came up "coddled" and sheltered from having to deal with anything more traumatic than a show being canceled or band breaking up never develop.

I was first attracted to this site because it was one of the most prominent I could find dealing with gun issues in my area. I ghosted for a long time before registering to get a feel for the place and during that time I came to the conclusion that this forum was populated by intelligent, level-headed individuals with a shared passion for firearms and most of all, everyone seemed down-to-earth with great senses of humor. I've gotta say, when I read some of the comments like those in this thread and more importantly, analyze their undertones, it makes me second-guess that conclusion. I know incidents like this invoke passionate responses, especially amongst the pro-gun set, and I sincerely hope that is the reason behind some of the things I've read.

Is that hope a waste of my time? I REALLY hope not...[sad2]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom