• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

brother shoots brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda agree with you, major...ive seen comments here that were borderline racist if not blatently so...ive seen a few too many broad swipes with the bigot brush lately and sometimes wished i had just skipped any threada that involves a black person or immigrant to avoid having to read comments about "animals," various diatribe in reference people's ethnic names, etc etc. I should just stick to the gun threads....maybe im too sensitive, but ive felt personally offended by comments on more than one occasion and im not even part of the major groups targeted by some members.

MB,
That was a great post and should be a warning call for all of us. My best friend was raised in Lynn and is the most level headed, intelligent guy I know. I trust him more than anyone. I also came from a similar environment... and did ok.

However what I will say is that there seems to be a trend and/or higher percentages of crimes in some of these places. I can blame it on one thing and only one thing- crapy family and community values. Period. No gun laws and no social programs can cure this. If anyone has their heads up their butts it's politicians that won't face the real problems... and this makes me sick. These communities also need to address this head on. I'm tired of hearing that this or that family was good people... they never had any issues and blah, blah, blah.

Are these problems only an issue with the towns you mentioned? Not at all... but there is a heck of a lot more gang and drug activity in many of these places you mentioned...

I've gotta say, when I read some of the comments like those in this thread and more importantly, analyze their undertones, it makes me second-guess that conclusion. I know incidents like this invoke passionate responses, especially amongst the pro-gun set, and I sincerely hope that is the reason behind some of the things I've read.

Is that hope a waste of my time? I REALLY hope not...[sad2]

When I said...

"Sometimes I think we should just put up a big fence around these neighborhoods with a "don't feed the animals' sign on it."

...I was saying that as merely a thought brought out in frustration by the lack of anything resembling a solution by the leaders of that city and state, as they shuffle blame for the crime that results as a breakdown traditional family values from the individuals involved to inanimate objects, out of state gun owners, and the federal government. That frustration level was much higher prior to my moving out of Boston, needless to say.

I do feel for the majority of people trapped in these neighborhoods, who are being shit on by Menino and his do-nothing, reactionary "crime-fighting" measures. By allowing the scumbags and gangbangers to rule the streets, he's telling the decent people there, "Screw you. Who else are you gonna vote for".

Perhaps, a more accurate wording would have been:

"I think we should just put up a big fence around City Hall Plaza nd the Massachusetts State house with a "Don't vote for these twaddling numbnuts" sign on it."

...The majority of people that live in Dorchester, Roxbury, Lawrence, Lynn, and lots of other cities with a bad rap are honest, hard-working, tax-paying citizens just like the rest of you.

I don't know "who specifically" you're referring to with this reply, but the NCL did not make any inference here to the citizens who live in these areas of Massachusetts.

Your point about the media is absolutely true. They paint the picture they want painted.

Blaming these communities in totality is the same as blaming the "gun" for the crime.

The least these scumbags can do is use a damn trigger lock, lock the gun in a safe, store ammo separately & these things wouldn't happen...
How fitting that you bring up the usual diatribe we hear about safe storage of guns, as this was mentioned in the Tuesday Globe editorial "Even stable, law-abiding families live in deadly denial about handguns. A Rand Corporation survey published in 2000 found that in only 39 percent of homes with children and firearms are guns kept locked, unloaded, and separate from ammunition. ."

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/editorials/articles/2007/06/26/home_unsafe_home/

http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB4535/index1.html

http://www.rand.org/news/Press/588-594.schuster.pdf

I find it interesting that 39% report keeping guns locked, unloaded and separate from ammunition. This must be the pure sport shooters. I can't see anyone who keeps a gun for self-defense triple-incapacitating their gun. In fact, I think the latest survey required quadruple-incapacitation to qualify as safely stored - unloaded, gun lock installed, locked in a safe and ammo stored separately.

Of the other 61%, they claim 9% with children keep a gun unlocked and loaded and another 4% unlocked, unloaded, with ammunition. That might make 87% of guns safety stored, rather than the 39% inferred. There's a 27% with children storing guns unlocked, unloaded without ammunition (meaning not stored in the same place) - I guess I have my doubts there as well, as if a kid can find your unlocked gun, a kid can find the bullets too.

Of course, these statistics go down the pipe when you recognize "children" means under 18 in this study - plenty of homes with older children who hunt and with a hunting rifle in the rack and a box of cartridges in the drawer.

Either way, I'm betting the gangbanger population was not well represented in this survey.

major blood...you are right...we shouldnt refer to them as animals

cuz thats giving animals a bad name...most animals care for and nurture their offspring!

savages is more like it

Children learn and mimick their "role models" in life. In this case he had some really poor ones. I agree that the kid most likely had a gangbanger future. [thinking]

Sad to see an eight year old die in nonsense like this. I have no sympathy for the gang members and their buddies when they get killed but an eight year old doesn't have the choice to avoid such contact in his own home.
On another note, I fail to see how something like this could happen in the city of Boston with their far superior gun laws. [rolleyes] Must have been a gun snuck in from New Hampshire. [rofl]

The Herald reporter Michelle Macvee, who is filling in for Micheal Graham on 96.9 ( i think that is the correct spelling) said today that she was going to NH to buy a handgun just to show how easy it is for guns to get in the wrong hands. A caller offered $500 to a charity if she can do it.
That said, news outlets always refer to it as an " Illegal Gun" instead of an illegally owned gun. It's not much but makes me crazy after what we have to go through as Legal owners.[angry]

The Herald reporter Michelle Macvee, who is filling in for Micheal Graham on 96.9 ( i think that is the correct spelling) said today that she was going to NH to buy a handgun just to show how easy it is for guns to get in the wrong hands. A caller offered $500 to a charity if she can do it.

Too bad because that charity isn't going to get it's $500.00. McPhee is one of the worst reporters that the Herald has. She can barely put a coherent sentence together, and yet she is their "ace" crime beat reporter.

Of course the Herald gets the reporters that they are willing to pay for. They've rid themselves of most of the reporters who actually knew what they were doing and other than the sensational local stuff, they get their content from the wire services.

Anyway, good luck to McPhee buying a gun in New Hampshire.

Gary

Well, if you're under the impression (or rather, illusion) that every kid's role model is his parents, then yeah maybe.

But that's neither here nor there, as what this child's future would have held is now a moot point.

My comments were aimed at people making comments suggesting that we rope off areas like Dorchester and hang "Don't feed the animals signs", and other thinly veiled bigoted BS.

The person who actually made that comment came forward to clear it up by admitting it was an emotional reaction to the situation, which I can accept.

Then some cheerleader took it upon himself to make an even worse comment, saying that calling them animals was an insult to animals and instead likening the people to "savages". Since the original comment made no differention between the criminals and the law-abiding, I asked if said cheerleader meant that ALL of the residents of Dorchester are savages. I didn't get an answer, but if he was referring to only the criminals, then he needs to put down his pompoms and read again, as I never once defended the dispicable people surrounding this whole fiasco. If he in fact WAS referring to all the residents of Dorchester, then perhaps since he is on the North Shore as well, he wouldn't mind rolling out to Dorchester with me to share his enlightened train of thought with the "savages"...but we both know that would never happen...even pseudo "tough guys" spewing forth oral feces online behind their keyboards and protected by the anonyminity of the internet know when to tuck the tail and be good little doggies...[wink]

As I was listening to 96.9 a prison guard mentioned that she chatted with an inmate that knew the family, he said the shooter would walk around everywhere with a toy gun tucked into his pants. Now I am no child phsycologist but with most families that would set off the bells and whistles. Obviously in a pseudo-family like his it was probably encouraged.

Also I am with MB about Dorchester. I worked in some of the worst neighborhoods and never felt threatened.

That said, news outlets always refer to it as an " Illegal Gun" instead of an illegally owned gun. It's not much but makes me crazy after what we have to go through as Legal owners.[angry]

I hope she does something stupid like getting caught in a 'straw purchase' or ATF sting.

[rofl]

Would be even funnier if there was something in her background that made her a prohibited person.

[rofl] [rofl]

Last edited:
All I heard on the news about this story was MORE gun control is needed...

Look out guys...

Yup, people will see this story and immediately think we need more gun control legislation. What they fail to realize is that the gun was unregistered and in the hands of a thug who carelessly left it loaded and laying around.

Kids who are taught to respect guns don't aim them at their friends.

Last edited:
Don't get pissed when people think your a moron with the amount of guns you have, cause you just put yourself on with them.

what does the amount of guns i have have to do with intellectual ability?

If he in fact WAS referring to all the residents of Dorchester, then perhaps since he is on the North Shore as well, he wouldn't mind rolling out to Dorchester with me to share his enlightened train of thought with the "savages"...but we both know that would never happen...even pseudo "tough guys" spewing forth oral feces online behind their keyboards and protected by the anonyminity of the internet know when to tuck the tail and be good little doggies...

ive lived in plenty of good neighborhoods that turned to shit thanx to the influx of these savages...only way id want to go back to those neighborhoods would be to do some cleaning up...if you catch my drift

When an illegal gun is used in this manner the owner of said gun should be arrested for murder. They better make an example out of these welfare a**h***s.

As I was listening to 96.9 a prison guard mentioned that she chatted with an inmate that knew the family, he said the shooter would walk around everywhere with a toy gun tucked into his pants.
Ah... I know that I played with cap guns when I was a kid, but I don't recall going "everywhere" with one tucked in my pants. Sounds like his role models weren't exactly the law-abiding sort.

Yup, people will see this story and immediately think we need more gun control legislation. What they fail to realize is that the gun was unregistered and in the hands of a thug who carelessly left it loaded and laying around.

Kids who are taught to respect guns don't aim them at their friends.
Well, I can't argue with your last statement... but I have a lot of friends in free states whose guns aren't registered. Strange, but they don't go around shooting their friends. What does it being registered have to do with it? Does registering a gun make it less lethal?

For a "Western Man" you sure have a liberal MA attitude towards guns.

When an illegal gun is used in this manner the owner of said gun should be arrested for murder. They better make an example out of these welfare a**h***s.

nope...instead we will be punished for it with stricter gun laws...oh ya...and our tax dollars will still go to support them in these "harsh" times as they walk the streets free as a bird to murder/rape whomever they please...but if it was one of us...theyd lock us up and throw away the key

I hope she does something stupid like getting caught in a 'straw purchase' or ATF sting.

[rofl]

Would be even funnier if there was something in her background that made her a prohibited person.

[rofl] [rofl]

Once she goes up there and can't buy anything, you can be sure she'll get right back on the show and... say nothing. She'll just drop it.

Gary

ive lived in plenty of good neighborhoods that turned to shit thanx to the influx of these savages...only way id want to go back to those neighborhoods would be to do some cleaning up...if you catch my drift

You said everything i'll ever need to hear from you right there. Your avatar should have a white hood on it and youre not doing a real great job at fighting the racist redneck gunowner stigma with this kind of 1920s juvenile world view. At first i thought i had over reacted when i posted that there were some pretty blatent racist undertones here lately. Im now very clearly seeing that not only do they exist, but are rarely addressed. Its pathetic behavior like this that will only undermine anything positive that the site hopes to achieve. Thanks for giving fodder to every Anti who wants proof that gun owners will openly imply gun violence as a way to clean up neighborhoods where ethnic savages have moved in. All they need to do is read this thread to have all the ammo they will ever want...[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Trust me, Tiktock, we've given blood hound a serious ration of it for some of his other more than somewhat bloodthirsty posts - it just doesn't seem to do any good. [rolleyes]

I try not to have knee-jerk reactions but sometimes it gets the best of me...the best thing gun owners can do is to lead by example and show others that we arent just a group of hicks with itchy trigger fingers. When general prejudices are mixed with bloodthirsty suggestions of "cleaning up," my spidey-senses go on high alert and i get visions of anti sites quoting directly from our site to further their agenda.

This morning Michael Graham said there was an article in the Herald(?) that he would read without comment as he wanted to keep his job.

The article said that Laquarrie's 16 yr old cousin just gave birth to a daughter, whom she named Laquarria in honor of her cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom