Bren Ten

Sonny Crocket also carried a cut down 45 in an ankle holster. At the time I thought it was a Detonics. Could this have been one of the pistols you are referring to? Also, Don Johnson went on to star in another detective series with Cheech Marin (the name of the show escapes me) and carried a 1911 comp gun. Could this be one of the SVI/Infinity guns? I always wondered where they got the idea for him to carry a comp gun.

I was referring to the movie, not the Don Johnson TV show. The gun was an Infinity Tiki (http://www.sviguns.com/1202.php). I remember when they called during filming to have the factory send an expert to the set. I don't know about the TV show with Cheech.

Another interesting P9 in the movies was one set in Japan or Hong Kong (might have been Black Rain) with a CZ style comp gun - back when top competitors were just starting to experiment with that platform. The gun was stolen from Rob Leatham and showed up in a prop house, and spotted by Rob when he saw the movie. I asked Rob about this and he did not bother to try to get the gun back (at his level, he had so many guns from his sponsors it probably wasn't time effective to work to get the gun back).

Last edited:
According to this lady Katie at Vltor the project is still a go just haven't found a distributor yet.....here is the email I received back from her yesterday on the Bren Ten project.

Thank you for your interest in our Bren Ten project. While we are very serious about this project, there have been significant delays in production.* As of right now we do not have a solid release date for the Bren. As well as we do not have any major distributors lined up so we are unsure of what the retail price will be.* Our owner has said that it will be out this year. I will take your email contact information and place you on our update list. You will receive any of the updates we have available on the Bren. We are hoping to have a press release on the project status in the next couple of months.*
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Haven't found a distributor yet? I would imagine at least 1 company would distribute or that at such low volumes they could distribute individually to FFL's or just do what custom shops do.

Looks like VLTOR has also blown this smoke up other people's butts too.
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=140306

I really think the Bren Ten design (or lack thereof) should be released to a custom house (maybe the CZcustom guys) and they can:
1. Make it work
2. Use reliable tanfoglio or CZ mags
3. Make it worth $2000

Haven't found a distributor yet? I would imagine at least 1 company would distribute or that at such low volumes they could distribute individually to FFL's or just do what custom shops do.

Looks like VLTOR has also blown this smoke up other people's butts too.
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=140306

I really think the Bren Ten design (or lack thereof) should be released to a custom house (maybe the CZcustom guys) and they can:
1. Make it work
2. Use reliable tanfoglio or CZ mags
3. Make it worth $2000

I agree 100%.....also that was the same email sent to that guy word for word. Smoke up the a** is right!

Last edited:
i love dumb shit. i love guns. i love 10mm.

you'd think i'd love the bren ten.

nope.

why? it's a gun potentially unsafe to shoot should you even be able to find mags to feed it, which costs a shitload of money.

wat.

think about it. it's an expensive paperweight. want to get something along those lines? at least man up and buy a liberator.

I think the OP is looking for it for collector's purposes only. I get that. As I noted above, not a shooter b/c of slide integrity issues, not to mention no spare parts AT ALL.

i love dumb shit. i love guns. i love 10mm.

you'd think i'd love the bren ten.

nope.

why? it's a gun potentially unsafe to shoot should you even be able to find mags to feed it, which costs a shitload of money.

wat.

think about it. it's an expensive paperweight. want to get something along those lines? at least man up and buy a liberator.

I can live with a beautiful, hard-chromed paperweight. Watching certain episodes of Miami Vice over & over just isn't enough.

Even better. Bren gloryshots at 1:10.

But yes, I LOVE that episode. The song. The final scene. His hair. Her sugarwalls. Everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

But yes, I LOVE that episode. The song. The final scene. His hair. Her sugarwalls. Everything.

Now I'm gonna pull out the series and start watching it. Lots of great scenery and music. Like the Episode of Calderone's Return when Crockett and Tubbs are headed for the Bahamas on his scarab. Russ Ballard's Voices playing.......great great show!

"Ethan" is a fantastic episode. Unfortunately, it is missing from Netflix! Love how it starts with Peter Gabriels "Rhythm of the Heat." Fantastic song from a fantastic album.

Season 1 & 2 are incredible. It's a shame Michael Mann left to focus on other projects.

"Ethan" is a fantastic episode. Unfortunately, it is missing from Netflix! Love how it starts with Peter Gabriels "Rhythm of the Heat." Fantastic song from a fantastic album.

Season 1 & 2 are incredible. It's a shame Michael Mann left to focus on other projects.

Just buy the series on DVD. You can usually pick up the box set for $30-40, and it's well worth it.

Thats an improvised music video comp for a new(ish) music producer who goes by Com Truise out of Pinceton NJ. Good stuff. He's doing his thing in Cambridge in March

Thats an improvised music video comp for a new(ish) music producer who goes by Com Truise out of Pinceton NJ. Good stuff. He's doing his thing in Cambridge in March

You say this like I already didn't know all of this. Huge Com Truise fan.

His other stuff under the alias Airliner is also fantastic. I forget his other side projects, but good stuff as well. I still think he abuses the compression on the bass drum, though.

I really don't understand your post. My final sentence was in reference to glock's previous post which contained a YT link to the scene from season 4 where Sonny kills Frank. Definitely one of my favorite episodes, as evidenced by my current avatar.

Last edited:
sorry
You say this like I already didn't know all of this. Huge Com Truise fan.

His other stuff under the alias Airliner is also fantastic. I forget his other side projects, but good stuff as well. I still think he abuses the compression on the bass drum, though.

I really don't understand your post. My final sentence was in reference to glock's previous post which contained a YT link to the scene from season 4 where Sonny kills Frank. Definitely one of my favorite episodes, as evidenced by my current avatar.

Soooooooo, I have an update.

There's a builder out of New Mexico who is making Bren-Ten clones. Unfortunately, it will not carry the name due to VLTOR still owning the rights, despite the fact they haven't made updates since 2015 and have scrubbed any mention of it from their site.

The company is Elite Warrior Armaments. They have a Facebook page if you don't mind the Zucc and Big Brother watching you. They are taking names down for a list of buyers. No money yet. Looking like a Spring 2018 release.

Here's the prototype (magazine is a stand-in):
20664724_782306635280178_2795467828902107885_n.jpg

If y'all like Hi-Powers, they make stainless steel ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom