• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your favorite handguns designed for TEN

What are your favorite Democrat-ruled friendly pistols designed to hold 10+1 without extensions and why? Exclude old guns that take 'high cap' prebans.

While I’m the first to poopoo caliber debates, if I’m relegated to 10 (and not EDC), I want it to either be bigger and faster; 10mm or .45, OR, (FN45, HK, any 10 mils with 10+1?) stupid accurate and easy to shoot. Lookin at you CZ. I’m still searching for all of those because In the meantime I’ve got G19’s and prebans. Capacity is always going to be greater than caliber IMHO because I do typically adhere to caliber being second fiddle to capacity and controllability.

While I’m the first to poopoo caliber debates, if I’m relegated to 10 (and not EDC), I want it to either be bigger and faster; 10mm or .45, OR, (FN45, HK, any 10 mils with 10+1?) stupid accurate and easy to shoot. Lookin at you CZ. I’m still searching for all of those because In the meantime I’ve got G19’s and prebans. Capacity is always going to be greater than caliber IMHO because I do typically adhere to caliber being second fiddle to capacity and controllability.
What about the HK45?

Been itching to spend my money on something 'new'. HK45 would be great but wished HK would come out with factory optics cut models for their hammer series, or update their P30/HK45 lines with optics ready slides like they came out for the VP9. All the cool kids are going with dots in 2023.

"Designed" to hold 10+1 is a tough criterion to apply strictly.
I travel into CT for work often and sucks that state doesn't let you carry old crusty pre 94 mags. So doesn't make sense to have a big gun with half the mag capacity hollowed out. That's where I'm thinking I should look for some more 'modern options' designed from the get-go for 10, and preferably left hand friendly and optics cut. I suppose the Hellcat designed for 11 isn't too far off.

Been itching to spend my money on something 'new'. HK45 would be great but wished HK would come out with factory optics cut models for their hammer series, or update their P30/HK45 lines with optics ready slides like they came out for the VP9. All the cool kids are going with dots in 2023.
I have a p365xl, hk45c, and a g20. All 3 are good in their own way

I travel into CT for work often and sucks that state doesn't let you carry old crusty pre 94 mags. So doesn't make sense to have a big gun with half the mag capacity hollowed out. That's where I'm thinking I should look for some more 'modern options' designed from the get-go for 10, and preferably left hand friendly and optics cut. I suppose the Hellcat designed for 11 isn't too far off.

Staccato C DPO, if you want something a little higher end with an optic cut? Ships with 8rds but the Wilson 10rd mags don't change the carry profile much at all.

Being a Glockaholic, the 43X would be my choice if I were in a "free state" where you didn't have to bend over to buy one, but if you are limited by economics and MA BS, the Sig P365 or one of the variants would be my choice.

But then again I am so old a Model 36 and a Model 13 were my first 2 carry guns.

Holds 10+1, 12+1 or 15+1.

Not sure how this fits what the OP is asking when the gun is a micro or compact (whatever you prefer) handgun and they sell different capacity.

I think something like a Buckmark might fit this weird thread question, since you can't find mags that hold more than 10 rounds.

Holds 10+1, 12+1 or 15+1.

Not sure how this fits what the OP is asking when the gun is a micro or compact (whatever you prefer) handgun and they sell different capacity.

I think something like a Buckmark might fit this weird thread question, since you can't find mags that hold more than 10 rounds.
The 365, in its 10+1 model configuration does not need an extended magazine, and is one of the best scarry pistols on the market for its size- I don't see why you have an issue unless you are unaware that the 10+1 was the launch configuration and the XL and similar platforms launched years later as followups to the immensely popular firearm.

In my book, it is the best answer for a gun designed for 10 rounds, and it's democrat friendly.

In my book, it is the best answer for a gun designed for 10 rounds, and it's democrat friendly.
I have one and really like it, but if we're limited to stock 10rd capacity without grip extensions or the XL frame that can technically hold 12 rounds, I'd think sooner go for a G43X for the longer grip, still with stock 10rds.

Back
Top Bottom