• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston liquor store owner busted for assault weapon

The employee is the problem. I suspect the owner knew he had access, likely for business reasons, and to expedite operations. The next step is to change the combo, or lock, asap!

That said, he got jammed up for no legitimate reason.

My mother in law found her biological family through facebook. She was able to visit them and build a relationship that means a lot to her.

Good for her, and thank you for sharing that. We always hear about bad stuff that happens, it's not so often that people talk about the good stuff that can happen because of FB.

I'm ambivalent about FB. I find it useful for keeping track of friends who are at a distance, or who have had to curtail their in-person social lives after becoming parents. There's also someone in my social circles who has spent the last year and a half having some pretty drastic health issues at a relatively young age. She's spent more time in the hospital than out. There's a facebook group where people are coordinating hospital visits and practical help for her.

I'm far too private to post the details of my day-to-day life for the world to see. Everything I post is "friends only" and there is NO gun stuff posted to FB. Most importantly, I don't do the kind of dumb and/or illegal sh*t that could get me arrested or fired from my job if someone were to take pictures of it and post them to FB. At worst, someone could laugh at me for being a dork.

The politics on FB can drive me nuts, though, especially since the Democratic Party has decided that their next battle in the culture wars is going to be gun control. This being Mass. I have a lot of friends who are anti-gun. It's part of why I'm so private about having my LTC and owning firearms. I've had to unfollow some people as a result. It's bad for my blood pressure.

Why do I read the comments in these articles? I always know going into it that it will be like punching myself in the balls for 45 minutes to an hour, yet somehow I always read on...the dickhead that wrote that blog entry is no journalist or author. He's a moonbat writing fiction based on real people and circumstances. Openly admits he chose his words based on how pictures made him feel? That's no journalist, that's a poet. A shitty one, too.

S***, Rizkallah has the cheapest booze around me. Please don't go away. I bought my first (legal) case of beer there. The guy threw in like 10 nips as a birthday gift.
whoa;
I was in there last week talking to the owner. Had a real hottie working the cash register (sorry no pics)
side note; great lobster rolls across the street at Belle Island.
*Belle Isle

Their food quality went way down after they moved to the old fence building next to Woodside. It's still pretty good, but nowhere near the level it used to be when the restaurant was a shack.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Not that I'm complaining, but why didn't they tag him on Boston AWB if they were trying to throw the book at him? They clearly didn't forget it existed right?

Is the bylaw still untested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I'm complaining, but why didn't they tag him on Boston AWB if they were trying to throw the book at him? They clearly didn't forget it existed right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two possible reasons: 1) The storage charge is easier and better established, 2) The Boston AWB applies to Boston residents in Boston, at least that's how I remember it. (And I don't feel like checking).

An ADA told me they consider the Boston AWB "Unenforceable" and would only use it to charge someone to hold him while they gathered evidence to charge him with something else, then drop it.

Although an East Boston Municipal Court clerk found no probable cause to issue a criminal complaint against Rizkallah, the board could decide tomorrow to suspend his license for one or more days. Board member Keeanna Saxon praised him for owning up, but added the board takes public safety very seriously. "Your ignorance of the law is not an excuse here," she said.

Clerks decide whom to charge?? (not from mass...so I don't know how things are done there)
Ignorance = no excuse?? Workin' for Hilary so far

Although an East Boston Municipal Court clerk found no probable cause to issue a criminal complaint against Rizkallah, the board could decide tomorrow to suspend his license for one or more days. Board member Keeanna Saxon praised him for owning up, but added the board takes public safety very seriously. "Your ignorance of the law is not an excuse here," she said.

Clerks decide whom to charge?? (not from mass...so I don't know how things are done there)
Ignorance = no excuse?? Workin' for Hilary so far

Ignorance as no excuse is not a new concept in the law enforcement world

Do we know what the rifle is? The article said the guy is a member at Weymouth R&G which only allow .22 rifles on the range, correct. Are M&p 15/22 ever considered AWs?

Back
Top Bottom