Boston having a gun buy back

Look at all the negative press they got over the squirt gun and pellet guns being bought and turned in. Now immagine the bad press that would come from a group of say 100 or more people showing up w/ 2 mosins each. Trading them in and then going to the press as a group and explaining how now they can go out and buy 4 mosins each. Or "I sold a few shitty $50 guns and now have enough money to go out and buy an assault rifle. Thanks Boston!"

Doing it as an individual doesn't get you far. But doing it as a large group and talking to every media outlet that will listen after will absolutely have a very negative effect on these buybacks. Especially since this one seems to be privately funded. I bet the antis who caughed up the cash this time won't next time if they knew their money was being used to buy MORE evil scary guns...

solid reasoning

sidenote, why won't they give money for rifles? I heard ones with detachable magazines are very dangerous and kill indiscriminately

Look at all the negative press they got over the squirt gun and pellet guns being bought and turned in. Now immagine the bad press that would come from a group of say 100 or more people showing up w/ 2 mosins each. Trading them in and then going to the press as a group and explaining how now they can go out and buy 4 mosins each. Or "I sold a few shitty $50 guns and now have enough money to go out and buy an assault rifle. Thanks Boston!"

Doing it as an individual doesn't get you far. But doing it as a large group and talking to every media outlet that will listen after will absolutely have a very negative effect on these buybacks. Especially since this one seems to be privately funded. I bet the antis who caughed up the cash this time won't next time if they knew their money was being used to buy MORE evil scary guns...

solid reasoning

sidenote, why won't they give money for rifles? I heard ones with detachable magazines are very dangerous and kill indiscriminately

This was my argument, but the fact that they could take the success of the discredited event and turn it into a movement for starting a salestax on ammo has turned me around.

This was my argument, but the fact that they could take the success of the discredited event and turn it into a movement for starting a salestax on ammo has turned me around.

they can start a movement for a sales tax on ammo easily without this, surprised it hasn't happened already

massachusetts residents love taxes and hate guns, it would be a landslide

All you are doing is giving the anti's more ammo (pun intended) they will lump all of your POS guns in a pile and go on the news saying "look at how many mean guns we got, this program saves lives" when we all know it is bullshit. Don't give in.
Since when has a lack of enough actual scary guns collected via a buyback stopped a liberal media photo op? Please... give me a break! [thinking]

Give the lunatic liberal moonbats some small credit for finally figuring out that long guns have nothing whatsoever to do with Boston's violent crime problem.

they can start a movement for a sales tax on ammo easily without this, surprised it hasn't happened already

Kind of makes you wonder why they don't charge sales tax on gun safes.

Maybe there was a court decision or a realization that requiring a safe to exercise a constitutional right and then taxing that purchase might be problematical.

I wonder what the result of a court challenge on a special tax on ammo might be.

Ehhh doesn't matter. We just have to sit back and take it so that they don't try that. It's probably the most prudent way to proceed.

Give the lunatic liberal moonbats some small credit for finally figuring out that long guns have nothing whatsoever to do with Boston's violent crime problem.

The cops can't bring a crappy long gun "throw down" into a buyback to slip in place for a nice one brought in by grandma, so why bother?[rofl]

They love taxes because they love money. They don't want to push the ammo purchases over the RI and NH boarders. Not to mention how much they hate internet purchases of ammo. No money for them. There is no way in hell they haven't noticed an uptick in revenue since all this shit started. How much are they making from licensing alone at $100 per., regardless of approval or denial? What has S&W's tax return looked like for the last few years?

The state is making money hand over fist, and they know where it is coming from. Don't think for a second that if the MA pols actually wanted to pass more gun laws they wouldn't. Because they would. In a heartbeat. With no concern at all over how it would make the 2A people feel or the slightest fear of repercussions.

They want to have their cake and eat it too. The restrictions already in place are, in line with, or, above and beyond, the laws being enacted in other states. So they can always say "We were safer first..." On top of that they have the AG's list and EOPS list. "Because they really care about gun safety [thumbsup]" They want the appearance of toeing the party line almost as much as they want your money. If it were the other way around then you would already have a full AWB in place.

Until they have a way of forcing you to buy ammo in state they won't push that revenue stream out of state.

Since when has a lack of enough actual scary guns collected via a buyback stopped a liberal media photo op? Please... give me a break! [thinking]

So when you do the meet and greet with the press you have all your 2A people show off the new evil black rifles they bough for trading in a few Raven .25s that are worth $50 on a good day. I'm willing to bet "our" table looks a little bit more impressive than theirs...

Nah, too much credit. They just don't want to end up with more mosins than Russia... [rofl2]

They love taxes because they love money. They don't want to push the ammo purchases over the RI and NH boarders. Not to mention how much they hate internet purchases of ammo. No money for them. There is no way in hell they haven't noticed an uptick in revenue since all this shit started. How much are they making from licensing alone at $100 per., regardless of approval or denial? What has S&W's tax return looked like for the last few years?

The state is making money hand over fist, and they know where it is coming from. Don't think for a second that if the MA pols actually wanted to pass more gun laws they wouldn't. Because they would. In a heartbeat. With no concern at all over how it would make the 2A people feel or the slightest fear of repercussions.

They want to have their cake and eat it too. The restrictions already in place are, in line with, or, above and beyond, the laws being enacted in other states. So they can always say "We were safer first..." On top of that they have the AG's list and EOPS list. "Because they really care about gun safety [thumbsup]" They want the appearance of toeing the party line almost as much as they want your money. If it were the other way around then you would already have a full AWB in place.

Until they have a way of forcing you to buy ammo in state they won't push that revenue stream out of state.

they already push firework, tobacco, liquor, gambling, and other things out of state, I wouldn't put anything past them at this point but I do understand what you are saying and I agree

So they listed a 22 pistol as a serious weapon? For what , rabbit hunting? They got a 380 a 9mm and a 22 and felt they took serious weapons off the street
All 3 were turned in by their owners not one was on the "street"..

Sent from the blind

Just please don't turn in any milsurps. Yes there are millions of Mosins out there, but on the off chance that it would actually be destroyed (instead of ending up in some cop's private collection) - that would be very sad.

So when you do the meet and greet with the press you have all your 2A people show off the new evil black rifles they bough for trading in a few Raven .25s that are worth $50 on a good day. I'm willing to bet "our" table looks a little bit more impressive than theirs...

What press? Where? What do you envision this press event to look like, and why do you think anybody would show up to even cover it, let alone spin it the way you imagine? You might not have noticed, but 'the press' is decidedly anti-2A.

You're living in a fantasy land if you think this is going to happen.

The long and short of it is that the antis want guns to be turned in at these events. More guns=more press FOR THEM. More guns means that they can convince more people that a gun problem exists, they can get more funding (even public funding).

The only way they lose and look foolish is if no guns are turned in. If you turn in a gun, you help them.

Last edited:
mayor walsh was very clear that they will only buyback "active" guns.
please don't waste their time with any firearms that have wood grips, stocks, etc. these aren't "active" enough.

"active" guns look very different. they have little horns above the muzzle. sometimes they wear long trenchcoats near the magazine release or black gloves around their thumb safety.
"active" guns are much more angry...could fire at any moment due to their inherent anger issues.

ok i just want to be sure you guys be sure to only take them your "active" guns.

"active" guns look very different. they have little horns above the muzzle. sometimes they wear long trenchcoats near the magazine release or black gloves around their thumb safety.
"active" guns are much more angry...could fire at any moment due to their inherent anger issues.

Like this one?

061.JPG

Bullet Bill! Little overachiever. [dance] He won't be going anywhere near the buy back.
White Feather

Like this one?

attachment.php

Bullet Bill! Little overachiever. [dance] He won't be going anywhere near the buy back.
White Feather
Does the laser shine a point that looks like a keyhole for authenticity?

Stop all the BS, here's a real story.

Went to BPD station today.
Turned in a working 22 revolver. Have to load it one shell at a time through loading gate PITA and nothing I really care for.
First officer can't get the cylinder out, does it work? Go into back room with him and demonstrate operation.
Shift change 45 minutes later, next officer we can't get it open?
I showed the last guy bring it out and I'll show the Sergeant.
OK, 15 minutes later comes out with my gun in a box.
Asks me are you a Boston resident? I answer no, but work in town X in Boston so I brought it in.
Program is only for Boston residents he says.
I can let you take the gun if you have a carry license.
Show him license and he removes it from evidence box and asks another officer to get a paper bag to put it in. Can't spare a box as they are getting lots of turn ins he says.
He asks me if I want him to show me how to take the cylinder out, I say no, I know that and it's not necessary to load the weapon.
he makes an attempt to reassemble and puts it into the bag, once it's in the bag I hear separate pieces falling apart.
Reassemble in the parking lot to make sure it still has all the pieces.

1-1/2 hours in a lobby and my net gain is a Boston PD evidence bag.
(4) questions, 2 about how to load and operate gun, 1 about residency, last about LTC.

What do you think? Is the bag Good Karma.....

FYI: was headed to buy some ammo with my Visa gift card if I could find some 9, thought it only appropriate.

put the bag on ebay for $50.00---hell some guy got $5.00/box of EMPTY cci minimag containers a couple of months ago

Stop all the BS, here's a real story.

Went to BPD station today.
Turned in a working 22 revolver. Have to load it one shell at a time through loading gate PITA and nothing I really care for.
First officer can't get the cylinder out, does it work? Go into back room with him and demonstrate operation.
Shift change 45 minutes later, next officer we can't get it open?
I showed the last guy bring it out and I'll show the Sergeant.
OK, 15 minutes later comes out with my gun in a box.
Asks me are you a Boston resident? I answer no, but work in town X in Boston so I brought it in.
Program is only for Boston residents he says.
I can let you take the gun if you have a carry license.
Show him license and he removes it from evidence box and asks another officer to get a paper bag to put it in. Can't spare a box as they are getting lots of turn ins he says.
He asks me if I want him to show me how to take the cylinder out, I say no, I know that and it's not necessary to load the weapon.
he makes an attempt to reassemble and puts it into the bag, once it's in the bag I hear separate pieces falling apart.
Reassemble in the parking lot to make sure it still has all the pieces.

1-1/2 hours in a lobby and my net gain is a Boston PD evidence bag.
(4) questions, 2 about how to load and operate gun, 1 about residency, last about LTC.

What do you think? Is the bag Good Karma.....

FYI: was headed to buy some ammo with my Visa gift card if I could find some 9, thought it only appropriate.

I think this.

BaseballNegged.gif

Negged!

Who wants to give me $200.00 for a $50.00 gun?

You might be surprised that some grandfathered non list guns can bring a fair dollar value. (I am not sure where the pos line gets drawn though.) I traded a dao AMT .380 backup and a Taurus pt22 for a very nice .22 Contender at a LGS two years back. All missed the list. I had less than $250 into them. You have to piece together a Contender and it will run about $600+. Other than Mosins, have you really seen many $200 guns at any local shops?
White Feather

Who wants to give me $200.00 for a $50.00 gun?

Marty Walsh and his friends! They'll give you $200 for your $50 gun and (get this) crush it!

Once unto a Marty Deary, I sold a gun both weak and weary
I bring the weapon tapping, rapping, to his door
Opend bag crackling, a gun for tapping, rapping
They ask me if I have brought them more
I tell them "this and nothing more"
Shot the Raven Never, never more.

You might be surprised that some grandfathered non list guns can bring a fair dollar value. (I am not sure where the pos line gets drawn though.) I traded a dao AMT .380 backup and a Taurus pt22 for a very nice .22 Contender at a LGS two years back. All missed the list. I had less than $250 into them. You have to piece together a Contender and it will run about $600+. Other than Mosins, have you really seen many $200 guns at any local shops?
White Feather

It's true that I don't own any $50.00 guns, and I agree with Exodious that it would be a sacrilege to trade in a Mosin, but if I has a cheap pos gun only worth $50.00 and the government would give me back $200.00 of my money for it I'd take it in a heartbeat and invest it in a new gun.

If people were lined up trading in $50.00 guns for $200.00 towards a new gun the gun owners would be the clear winners. The .gov would abandon the program once they figured out taxpayers were financing new gun purchases.

Even Naughton recognized these gun buy back programs were a sham. I just see taking the sham to a level where the anti's are financing gun purchases. As far as my tax dollars financing gun purchases, I can't think of a better way to get some of my money back. Likely even Ayn Rand would approve.

As far as my tax dollars financing gun purchases, I can't think of a better way to get some of my money back. Likely even Ayn Rand would approve.

I hadn't thought of it that way. I think I'm back in line!

Maybe.

I so much want to do this; I have many reasons to do it and only that one against it.

"Are you a Boston Resident?"

"Oh... (looking worried) Isn't Roslindale part of Boston?"

"Yes"

"OK"

Did I lie? :)

The .gov would abandon the program once they figured out taxpayers were financing new gun purchases.
Incorrect. Gun surrenders are _only_ about PR, and with a sympathetic media gun restrictionists are always going to achieve PR victories with them. The efficacy of gun surrenders with regard to actually saving the children is an irrelevant detail. The narrative is guns Я bad, guns flood the streets, guns go out and kill children, and guns belong only in the hands of the state--which will buy them "back" from you as if it owned them previously. Your participation ensures their victory regardless of how much you want to believe you are outsmarting them.
Even Naughton recognized these gun buy back programs were a sham.
Yet gun surrenders are still being held.

Back
Top Bottom