Boston having a gun buy back

What is the F^#king big deal about doing something about the gun buy back? They are not doing anything to hurt us, and you would be amazed how many guns are turned in daily.

Sure it is. Line up an org, line up a reporter, organize a group of participants, and make it happen. The proof is in the pudding.

...or just keep flatulating.
That's not proving the idea, that's putting it into action.

You don't want it to happen, why would you propose that I put it into action to prove it for your own sake? I fear you are a bit confused here.

Especially since you think it would be a bad idea.

No thanks; at the moment I will continue to see if there's interest or someone else who has ANY positive, pro-active ideas.

That's not proving the idea, that's putting it into action.

I think you'll have a hard time convincing people to participate if you can't articulate why it's a good idea. You're proposing that gun owners participate in an obviously anti-gun media circle jerk - the burden is on you to prove that it's a good idea.

I think you'll have a hard time convincing people to participate if you can't articulate why it's a good idea. You're proposing that gun owners participate in an obviously anti-gun media circle jerk - the burden is on you to prove that it's a good idea.

Right now I'm just having a hard time to get the moderator to stop calling me names, never mind convincing anyone who hasn't yet made up their mind.

I have already articulated why I believe it's a good idea. If my arguments are not persuasive to them, then they won't likely be convinced. It cannot be "proved" without doing it, no matter how many times you keep asking me to prove it.

Why can't you just say "OK" and back out of attacking this and let others weigh in?

I have already articulated why I believe it's a good idea. If my arguments are not persuasive to them, then they won't likely be convinced. It cannot be "proved" without doing it, no matter how many times you keep asking me to prove it.

Why can't you just say "OK" and back out of attacking this and let others weigh in?

You said you could use it to raise money for Comm2A and then admitted that Comm2A would likely not participate. You said that we'd somehow get positive media coverage from the event and then admitted that you'd probably just be able to get a few youtube views. You said that we'd be able to "empty the anti-gun coffers" and then ignored people who explained why that was so unlikely to happen. Am I missing any of your arguments?

You haven't articulated how it's a good idea at all. In fact you admitted that it wasn't even possible to prove that it was a good idea (if it were a good idea you'd be able to prove it.) Despite your complete failure to defend the concept, you continue to troll this thread. Why is that? (Serious question.)

You said you could use it to raise money for Comm2A and then admitted that Comm2A would likely not participate. You said that we'd somehow get positive media coverage from the event and then admitted that you'd probably just be able to get a few youtube views. You said that we'd be able to "empty the anti-gun coffers" and then ignored people who explained why that was so unlikely to happen. Am I missing any of your arguments?

You haven't articulated how it's a good idea at all. In fact you admitted that it wasn't even possible to prove that it was a good idea (if it were a good idea you'd be able to prove it.) Despite your complete failure to defend the concept, you continue to troll this thread. Why is that? (Serious question.)

OK, you win. You've shut down the discussion.

What's your suggestion for fighting gun buy backs?

- - - Updated - - -

:-D

Simple, stop helping to fill their tables. GBBs are fads that pop up every few years. There a relatively few anti gun groups. A lot of people jump on the anti bandwagon, when it is popular.
If the media covers a few unsuccessful ones they become low priority to the news producers.
When news producers get bored, they look for a different story.

But contributing to the psyops being displayed to the general public against gun owners in Massachusetts IS a big deal.

You are a hypocrite of the first order and no friend to the gun owning public that is being shit upon daily in Massachusetts.

You'd sell your soul for a couple of hundred dollars.

Thanks. I love you too. Wanna make out?

Now please spare me the personal insults. What? are you 14?

Simple, stop helping to fill their tables. GBBs are fads that pop up every few years. There a relatively few anti gun groups. A lot of people jump on the anti bandwagon, when it is popular.
If the media covers a few unsuccessful ones they become low priority to the news producers.
When news producers get bored, they look for a different story.

This

In essence they just paying you to advertise for their cause.

Sent from the blind

"The buyback program was launched by Mayor Martin F. Walsh with a $125,000 budget, funded by the Boston Police Athletic League, the City of Boston Credit Union, and the Boston Police Runners Club, officials have said."

Police funding the furtherance of the police state in Boston Massachusetts,.... gee who'd have ever thunk it?

So glad to be leaving MA to a place where society is more polite, the gun rights of the individual are respected and upheld, where open carry is legal, unobstructed and protected by statute, and nobody utters a peep when they see normal everyday people among them with guns on their hip. Where the right to and practice of self defense by use of a firearm is not only respected and unobstructed by requirement of a government license, but promoted by law enforcement as they recognize their inability to be everywhere at once and their lack of duty to protect the individual.

Massachusetts will ultimately collapse under the weight of its own collective ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... Hours of operation are Noon to 7:00 PM Monday through Friday. They seem to know who their primary customer base is.

Any odds on whether we'll hear about the final report if they collect a few hundred guns and none of the traces come back with positive hits for crime guns?

If I were still a City of Boston Credit Union member I'd be pulling my money out of there. Sucks that they're funding this.

gunbuyback_06-001.jpg

As expected, it looks like mostly low-end junk.
I see a bunch of "Saturday Night Specials", tip-up barrel Beretta .22/.25's, obsolete break-top revolvers, some Lorcin/Jennings/Raven type crap, a few 1915 Astra "Ruby" variations and what looks like a Ruger MK1.
Not much there that's even worth the $200 they're paying for them.

Since the gift cards were limited to functioning handguns, it sort of makes sense that most of what they collected were handguns.

People really seem to want to talk about this buyback, so go for it. Please try to keep it civil.
I saw the collection table at BPD on the news. Was that a J.C. Higgins .22 rifle on the table? I only had a fleeting look at it, between bites of my dinner and it only showed for a few seconds. There were other wood-stocked rifles and shotguns there as well. Looks like some people were cleaning out attics or basements for some quick cash.

Just imagine how much more successfull that buy back would have been with a table full of ravens to show... oh the horror.

Someone have any intelligent comment that can please explain to me how that would have made this photo op ANY DIFFERENT for them. Please?

Bye.

I saw the collection table at BPD on the news. Was that a J.C. Higgins .22 rifle on the table? I only had a fleeting look at it, between bites of my dinner and it only showed for a few seconds. There were other wood-stocked rifles and shotguns there as well. Looks like some people were cleaning out attics or basements for some quick cash.

Wrong!

They were only giving the gift cards for handguns.
The fools that dropped off the rifles and shotguns got NOTHING!

Wrong!

They were only giving the gift cards for handguns.
The fools that dropped off the rifles and shotguns got NOTHING!
If that was the case, they were fools indeed! They should have taken the thundersticks up to KTP. At least they would have got some cash or a trade allowance for other merchandise in the store.

I should have shown up with an AR and when they wouldn't give me anything for it walk out with it.

I like to exagerate, so imagine a line of 1,000 people doing exactly that.

Imagine people with handguns that wouldn't want to stand in that long line, for that matter.

Or bring a nonfunctioning gun, when they refuse to give you money, you put it back in the case, thank them and walk away. I wonder if at that point they would have asked to see a LTC since the "no questions asked" thing probably only applies if you actually agree to give it up.

anyone who thinks those $200 visa cards goes towards diapers and food is a straight fool.

so my only remaining question is...

what types of nicer street guns have been purchased with the $$ from the old crappy street guns?

Or bring a nonfunctioning gun, when they refuse to give you money, you put it back in the case, thank them and walk away. I wonder if at that point they would have asked to see a LTC since the "no questions asked" thing probably only applies if you actually agree to give it up.

I had a situation where neither Mrs. Flare nor I were asked for our LTC. If they had asked, we each had one.

I think it would be a great way to crash a GBB and make it ineffective, along with making the statement to the police that there are a lot of people out there with firearms.

Back
Top Bottom