Boston having a gun buy back

That's silly. Saying that using their program against them to ridicule them is like saying people protesting an event is supporting them because their attendance is higher.

How does supporting their buy-back and making it more successful ridicule them, and what evidence do you have to support the assertion?

How does supporting their buy-back and making it more successful ridicule them, and what evidence do you have to support the assertion?

Jasons, are you new to the thread or are you trolling? I've answered that question several times, but I'll try again.

1) I reject the notion that taking $200 for $50 guns then buying new guns and putting them in the hands of Boston residents or making a large-check donation to Comm2A and putting that in front of the media or on you tube or whatever exposure can be gained is in any way supporting them.

2) What evidence do you have that any form of protest will work?

For more in depth answers to your questions, feel free to scroll back and read my other responses to that question and ones similar to it.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Quiet
This is why you have to do this in an organized fashion, you know, like the organized gun buy back. People doing it one-off is like trying to win a war with no generals.

You have to make them look like the fools that they are, and the program as foolish as it is.

Bring the pile of guns, get the pile of money and donate it comm2A or buy Windham or other locally made ARs or other high-power guns that will go onto the streets of Boston.

What is wrong with you folks who don't see that if you don't fight this thing that you hate that you are destined to allow the cancer to grow and spread. You flocking defeatists. "Ohhh woe is usss, the media will be against us" OK, good. The media is against us in everythig you do, you fricken hand wringers.

Get off of this "oh woe is us" BS and start to come up with some positive ideas about taking action to take back our rights!

This place is filled with a bunch of panty-waisted girly men hiding behind tough sigs.

Dude, you quoted yourself then disagreed with yourself... [rofl]

White Feather

+1

I see both sides of this issue. The only way to win this is to get the progressives to shut down the gun buyback programs and the only way you are going to do that is if thousands of gun owners show up with $50.00 guns and turn them in for $200.00 and buy more guns. It's math. Bleed the Progressives dry and finance gun purchases with tax dollars.

Most are financed by private donations and not tax dollars

At last reports, Bloomberg is worth $33,000,000,000 (that's 33 billion) so forgetting accruing interest and money he makes daily off investments, we need to find about 165,000,000 (165 million) ravens to get him to stop, and that's just him and doesn't count all the other rich anti Constitution people who help finance these events

Jasons, are you new to the thread or are you trolling? I've answered that question several times, but I'll try again.

1) I reject the notion that taking $200 for $50 guns then buying new guns and putting them in the hands of Boston residents or making a large-check donation to Comm2A and putting that in front of the media or on you tube or whatever exposure can be gained is in any way supporting them.

2) What evidence do you have that any form of protest will work?

For more in depth answers to your questions, feel free to scroll back and read my other responses to that question and ones similar to it.

Yeah, I've read your multiple posts where you claim that supporting a buy-back will somehow "drain their coffers," "ridicule them," or somehow result in a "PR win" for us. What you've neglected to explain is HOW any of those things will happen and even if they did how those things would be a net positive for our side.

Since you've mentioned Comm2A a bunch of times, I assume you've reached out to them and they support your strategy? No? Ok then.... Have you identified a reporter at a major publication who will pen an article with the tone you expect?

It sounds like you're just using dubious logic to justify selling a POS gun for more than it's actually worth.

Last edited:
any LTC/FID holder who brings a gun to the buyback is a fool for a long list of reasons.

Yeah, I've read your multiple posts where you claim that supporting a buy-back will somehow "drain their coffers," "ridicule them," or somehow result in a "PR win" for us. What you've neglected to explain is HOW any of those things will happen and even if they did how those things would be a net positive for our side.

Since you've mentioned Comm2A a bunch of times, I assume you've reached out to them and they support your strategy? No? Ok then.... Have you identified a reporter at a major publication who will pen an article with the tone you expect?

It sounds like you're just using dubious logic to justify selling a POS gun for more than it's actually worth.

Comm2A couldn't even be bothered to say "Yes" or "no" to an offer of maybe $500 worth of free advertising in the Globe that was conveyed to them here on the forum. Given their inability to respond to such a simple query*, it's hard for me to base my actions on trying to determine whether or not they support the approach. I'm sure some on their team have seen this thread and they haven't commented.

If they want not to be considered for a donation from the proceeds of such an event, they can have a board meeting and let me know in a couple of months (or whatever it takes for them to decide such things) and I'll gladly abide by their wishes.

* http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/238208-Boston-globe-GRANT-program

Last edited:
Comm2A couldn't even be bothered to say "Yes" or "no" to an offer of maybe $500 worth of free advertising in the Globe that was conveyed to them here on the forum.

So when you said:
Send the money to Comm2A. Take the reporter and get your $1,000 in Visa cards and get one of them big presentation checks and make it out to Comm2A.
It was just hyperbole?

So when you said:

It was just hyperbole?

No, it was a suggestion, an idea. I'm waiting for yours. How do you intend or suggest to fight back against gun buybacks?

It's easy to be a nattering nabob of negativity. Here's your chance to show your ideas. Fire away. I'm braced.

Last edited:
No, it was a suggestion, an idea. I'm waiting for yours. How do you intend or suggest to fight back against gun buybacks?

It was a pretty terrible idea.

Here's my idea: Don't be a whore.

It's easy to be a nattering nabob of negativity. Here's your chance to show your ideas. Fire away. I'm braced.

It's also easy to talk out your ass when you don't have a clue about what the hell you're talking about.

Last edited:
Going to buy a Ruger Takedown and a Muzzleloader with my $600. I did not think beyond that. Perhaps it can be seen as if I sold bad powder to the Red Coats!!

I promise that I will never bring a cheap gun to a gun buyback unless 2,500 people agree to go with me and turn in a cheap gun too. If 2500 people walk out with half a million bucks of some antis money and buy new guns with it, the anti will think twice the next time.

It was a pretty terrible idea.

Here's my idea: Don't be a whore.
Ya, it's being a whore to take my guns and give it away as a donation. I'm waiting for your positive suggestion.

It's also easy to talk out your ass when you don't have a clue about what the hell you're talking about.
I have more than a clue, and believe me, it would not be easy to talk out of my ass.

It's come down to name-calling.
Yes, that's what happens when they have nothing left to say and nothing positive to offer. I've been called a naive whoring, ass-talking troll. Just from a Moderator. Not bad.

I've never been called a "nattering nabob of negativity." At least it's original.
Well, you're wrong on this, too. I was quoting Geroge HW Bush's line. IIRC he stole it from someone else.

Ya, it's being a whore to take my guns and give it away as a donation. I'm waiting for your positive suggestion.

I have more than a clue, and believe me, it would not be easy to talk out of my ass.

Yes, that's what happens when they have nothing left to say and nothing positive to offer. I've been called a naive whoring, ass-talking troll. Just from a Moderator. Not bad.

Well, you're wrong on this, too. I was quoting Geroge HW Bush's line. IIRC he stole it from someone else.

If you're not talking out of your ass, name the pro-gun org who will participate by accepting your check, name the reporter and the publication who will write and publish a positive story on this stunt, and prove that you'll be able to get more than a dozen or so people to follow you.

If you're not talking out of your ass, name the pro-gun org who will participate by accepting your check, name the reporter and the publication who will write and publish a positive story on this stunt, and prove that you'll be able to get more than a dozen or so people to follow you.

I don't have to prove anything to you or to anyone else. It's an idea. Let's hear yours. Still waiting. Or is all you can do is nay say?

...oh and of course meet all of your own defined requirements that you've set above.
(Or is that too much to ask?)

- - - Updated - - -

What agency, company or organization are you trolling for?

You are just SO DARNED WITTY!

I nearly split a side laughing at your humor.

I don't have to prove anything to you or to anyone else. It's an idea. Let's hear yours. Still waiting. Or is all you can do is nay say?

...oh and of course meet all of your own defined requirements that you've set above.
(Or is that too much to ask?)

Well, you do if you want to convince us that it's a GOOD idea. Or do you concede that it's not? (And if so, why do you continue the debate?)

I'm defending the proposal.

No you're not, you're just regurgitating all over this thread. If you really think it's a good idea, prove it. Otherwise it's just trolling. (At best.)

boys boys boys....i think we are all essentially in agreement on 99% of issues.

i would like to see you disagree on the remaining 1% without being disagreeable.

i am resigning from this thread.
Ciao!

No you're not, you're just regurgitating all over this thread. If you really think it's a good idea, prove it. Otherwise it's just trolling. (At best.)

Sigh.

I have put forth an idea. You and others have called it all sorts of names. I have defended the idea with reasoning and with opinion. You and others have attacked it with reasoning and opinions. You are now repetitively asking me to prove something that is not possible to prove. I am making a proposal that is backed by assertion.

The idea is in response to the affront of the gun buy back. An affront so offensive to you that you (and others) resort to name calling, to questioning motives and even so far as to suggesting that I am a 5th columnist and/or government infiltrator. There seems to be a wee bit of emotion in this argument.

Since the status quo is so offensive to many and the status quo of ignoring it hasn't made it go away, I suggested a course of action. Since you don't like that course of action, suggest another. Otherwise your constant attack of the idea is not productive, merely argumentative.

I've heard your reasoning against the proposal, and I've responded to many multiple requests for explanation of it. Please don't ask me to explain it again. It's fruitless. I am not going to convince you no matter how elegant my prose; you are intransigent. I am trying to gather other people's responses and you're doing nothing but bringing back around the same questions.

If you want to take a positive approach, make your proposals, man! Perhaps the group of NES can come up with a better idea. I'm game.

The status quo isn't working. There seems to be *some* interest in my approach. Let it play out, will ya?

You are now repetitively asking me to prove something that is not possible to prove.

Sure it is. Line up an org, line up a reporter, organize a group of participants, and make it happen. The proof is in the pudding.

...or just keep flatulating.

Back
Top Bottom