Boston having a gun buy back

I lay my pen down upon my desk and nod my head in respect of the attempt.

He missed the rhyme scheme... ABCBBB

images

White Feather

Every gun turned in is looked as a Bad Gun off the streets that would kill a child, ,period. Each one is laid out and presented as "look at all the guns we got criminals to turn in". Thus in turn confirms Bloombergs theory that there are tooany bad guns out there. Why not just put it on the classifieds for a few bucks. The 100 you put in your pocket is providing the antis with 100x in publicity which our organizations have to then spend 1000s to counter. My opinion is if you participate in these you are supporting that side, period.

Sent from the blind

Got rid of two Jennings .22's that wouldn't feed well enough to carry, and an old HR .38 short ejector breakopen that revolved out of time. $600 in Visa Gift cards. Be prepared to wait over an hour, as it seems only one person runs between the different locations. I went to Brighton.

No long guns or antiques. Supposedly to be in working condition. I put them each in a clear plastic Ziploc bag, and carried them in a backpack.

47883350.jpg

White Feather

Tripling your money in 25 years is not a big deal.

But contributing to the psyops being displayed to the general public against gun owners in Massachusetts IS a big deal.

You are a hypocrite of the first order and no friend to the gun owning public that is being shit upon daily in Massachusetts.

You'd sell your soul for a couple of hundred dollars.

But contributing to the psyops being displayed to the general public against gun owners in Massachusetts IS a big deal.

You are a hypocrite of the first order and no friend to the gun owning public that is being shit upon daily in Massachusetts.

You'd sell your soul for a couple of hundred dollars.

But then he'd use the money to buy a better gun.

sarcasm?^^^ probably,

But he still phucked everyone else to some degree in the process.

I see both sides of this issue. The only way to win this is to get the progressives to shut down the gun buyback programs and the only way you are going to do that is if thousands of gun owners show up with $50.00 guns and turn them in for $200.00 and buy more guns. It's math. Bleed the Progressives dry and finance gun purchases with tax dollars.

If we don't organize and game the system there will be gun buybacks in perpetuity and threads on NES with good arguments from both sides of the fence.

I can't see winning this sitting home while some poor schmuch turns in a S&W pearl handled revolver or a Luger from the second world war.

I see both sides of this issue. The only way to win this is to get the progressives to shut down the gun buyback programs and the only way you are going to do that is if thousands of gun owners show up with $50.00 guns and turn them in for $200.00 and buy more guns. It's math. Bleed the Progressives dry and finance gun purchases with tax dollars.

If we don't organize and game the system there will be gun buybacks in perpetuity and threads on NES with good arguments from both sides of the fence.

I can't see winning this sitting home while some poor schmuch turns in a S&W pearl handled revolver or a Luger from the second world war.

The money used in gun buys is virtually endless. You will never break their bank as there is always some company ready to kiss government's ass and donate for a nice tax write off.

Non participation shows two things, one is that there aren't that many "bad guns" out there and two that the gun owning public isn't the owners of those so called bad guns.

If you keep feeding the fire that is trying to consume you, eventually it will!!! Wake up!!!

Using tax dollars is robbing the public coffers, literally at gun point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep each gun bought helps support a great organization "Walsh last week joined Mayors Against Illegal Guns, an organization founded by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Walsh's predecessor" while hurting law abiding gun owners and that is the goal here, period. They surely dont do it for safety because even Bloombergs John Hopkins school health said it was a waste of money, of course we can expect that will change as Bloomy funnels more money into it.

This is why you have to do this in an organized fashion, you know, like the organized gun buy back. People doing it one-off is like trying to win a war with no generals.

You have to make them look like the fools that they are, and the program as foolish as it is.

Bring the pile of guns, get the pile of money and donate it comm2A or buy Windham or other locally made ARs or other high-power guns that will go onto the streets of Boston.

What is wrong with you folks who don't see that if you don't fight this thing that you hate that you are destined to allow the cancer to grow and spread. You flocking defeatists. "Ohhh woe is usss, the media will be against us" OK, good. The media is against us in everythig you do, you fricken hand wringers.

Get off of this "oh woe is us" BS and start to come up with some positive ideas about taking action to take back our rights!

This place is filled with a bunch of panty-waisted girly men hiding behind tough sigs.

ETA:

Or come up with a better idea.

BFCS stop whining and start thinking.

Last edited:
Got rid of two Jennings .22's that wouldn't feed well enough to carry, and an old HR .38 short ejector breakopen that revolved out of time. $600 in Visa Gift cards. Be prepared to wait over an hour, as it seems only one person runs between the different locations. I went to Brighton.

No long guns or antiques. Supposedly to be in working condition. I put them each in a clear plastic Ziploc bag, and carried them in a backpack.

Unreal. [thinking]

This is why you have to do this in an organized fashion, you know, like the organized gun buy back. People doing it one-off is like trying to win a war with no generals.

You have to make them look like the fools that they are, and the program as foolish as it is.

Bring the pile of guns, get the pile of money and donate it comm2A or buy Windham or other locally made ARs or other high-power guns that will go onto the streets of Boston.

What is wrong with you folks who don't see that if you don't fight this thing that you hate that you are destined to allow the cancer to grow and spread. You flocking defeatists. "Ohhh woe is usss, the media will be against us" OK, good. The media is against us in everythig you do, you fricken hand wringers.

Get off of this "oh woe is us" BS and start to come up with some positive ideas about taking action to take back our rights!

This place is filled with a bunch of panty-waisted girly men hiding behind tough sigs.

Woe is me, I can't even own a Windham ar because i live in Boston.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Another one of the subversive, clueless fifth column heard from^^^^^^[rolleyes][rolleyes]

I have no dog in this fight because I don't own any gun worth less than $200.00 and I sure as heck don't live in Boston. But I'd like to make a few points:

1) Sticking one's head in the sand and trying to ignore the moonbat gun buybacks is never going to change one liberal's mind, influence one MSM news article or stop one future gun buyback from happening. Only exposing the record of failure (to reduce crime) of gun buybacks will ever do any good at all. I am pleased to see that the abysmal record of failure is finally getting more exposure and repeated exposure, even in the liberal press. In that regard, we are winning.

2) What any one person does or doesn't do re: dumping trashy, junk guns for moonbat money is all but meaningless in the greater gun rights debate. NES is a big, active forum (relatively speaking), but its active membership represents only a tiny percentage of licensed PRM gunowners. Those few remaining owners in MA of cheap, trashy handguns should do (and are going to do no matter what we say) exactly what makes sense for them and for their particular situation. Whatever opinions are voiced here aren't going to motivate or stop anyone for whom the buyback terms make sense.

3) Bleeding the beast *is* a legitimate strategy... or at least it is just as legitimate as sticking our collective heads in the sand and hoping that gun buybacks go away. The truth is that no matter what we do or don't do, they are not going away anytime soon. The Democrat political machines in liberal, crime-ridden inner cities rely on them for contributions from rich anti's and to fool their low information voter base.

4) Victory in my view comes when the former trashy gun owner buys himself or herself a shiny new modern & reliable gun with the moonbat money he/she just received... and the lefty moonbats start to figure out just how often that is happening.

Are foolish posts like this how you got your post count up so high in a year? Or was it replying to your own posts instead of editing your originals?

Please,..... go away.
No, let me tell you how I got my post count so high in a year.

Listen closely, I'm only going to say it once:

You claim to be a 3%er, but won't fight back against the strategy that's winning. What are you doing, stocking ammunition and waiting?

I have no dog in this fight because I don't own any gun worth less than $200.00 and I sure as heck don't live in Boston. But I'd like to make a few points:

1) Sticking one's head in the sand and trying to ignore the moonbat gun buybacks is never going to change one liberal's mind, influence one MSM news article or stop one future gun buyback from happening. Only exposing the record of failure (to reduce crime) of gun buybacks will ever do any good at all. I am pleased to see that the abysmal record of failure is finally getting more exposure and repeated exposure, even in the liberal press. In that regard, we are winning.

2) What any one person does or doesn't do re: dumping trashy, junk guns for moonbat money is all but meaningless in the greater gun rights debate. NES is a big, active forum (relatively speaking), but its active membership represents only a tiny percentage of licensed PRM gunowners. Those few remaining owners in MA of cheap, trashy handguns should do (and are going to do no matter what we say) exactly what makes sense for them and for their particular situation. Whatever opinions are voiced here aren't going to motivate or stop anyone for whom the buyback terms make sense.

3) Bleeding the beast *is* a legitimate strategy... or at least it is just as legitimate as sticking our collective heads in the sand and hoping that gun buybacks go away. The truth is that no matter what we do or don't do, they are not going away anytime soon. The Democrat political machines in liberal, crime-ridden inner cities rely on them for contributions from rich anti's and to fool their low information voter base.

4) Victory in my view comes when the former trashy gun owner buys himself or herself a shiny new modern & reliable gun with the moonbat money he/she just received... and the lefty moonbats start to figure out just how often that is happening.

criminals don't show up with their guns gov.org gets 0

legitimate gun owners don't show up with their guns(junk or not) gov.org get 0

When the one in a million old ladies shows up with her dead husbands gun, gov.org maybe gets 1 and only because her husband/son whomever didn't teach or inform her that the gun/s had greater value and can be brought to an FFL and sold for a fair price and kept in circulation with legitimate gun owners.

Bleeding the beast is a legitimate strategy......and it a losing one from two points. 1. You will NEVER, EVER come up with enough junk guns to overcome their cash flow. 2. By showing up and participating in the whole ordeal, it lends legitimacy to the program, thereby swaying public opinion into thinking its a worthwhile endeavor.

By cutting or eliminating the participation it signifies that buys are a waste of time and manpower......manpower that is often paid for by the taxpayers of what ever city or town the buy is held in.

Don't shit yourself....If you live in MA YOU MOST CERTAINLY DO HAVE A DOG IN THE FIGHT.

Not sure who is whining as statedin the earlier posts. Im juts pointing out taking part is this crap is just helping the anti crowd, period. Youll never bleed them dry and in fact what will happen is the state will kick in YOUR tax $$ along with the Feds. If you think that cant happen just take a look at the bill that almost past to put millions into states buy back programs. As for sticking my head in the sand, sh*t I wish I could do that but instead I take whatever cash I can spare and dontate it to the organizations that help us, along with attending the various painful crap town meetings all over to voice an opinion on law abiding firearm ownership. So theres no whining, I am glad to lend a hand in the fight but I just dont think its a good idea to lend support to those you are fighting[horse]

Bleeding the beast is a legitimate strategy......and it a losing one from two points. 1. You will NEVER, EVER come up with enough junk guns to overcome their cash flow. 2. By showing up and participating in the whole ordeal, it lends legitimacy to the program, thereby swaying public opinion into thinking its a worthwhile endeavor.

I'm not talking about just "showing up and participating". It's about ridiculing them effectively. The fact they get a few junk guns in the deal is completely irrelevant. I can't think of anything that is more irrelevant in the scheme of things. You're off on a laudable idealistic soap box but the gun buy backs are working to "win the hearts and minds," and nothing is being done to stop them. That's not an effective strategy for us; we're ceding a battlefield.

Don't shit yourself....If you live in MA YOU MOST CERTAINLY DO HAVE A DOG IN THE FIGHT.
What fight? I just see a bunch of buy back locations and a bunch of gun owners on their backs

I'm not talking about just "showing up and participating". It's about ridiculing them effectively. The fact they get a few junk guns in the deal is completely irrelevant. I can't think of anything that is more irrelevant in the scheme of things. You're off on a laudable idealistic soap box but the gun buy backs are working to "win the hearts and minds," and nothing is being done to stop them. That's not an effective strategy for us; we're ceding a battlefield.

What fight? I just see a bunch of buy back locations and a bunch of gun owners on their backs

That's because you can't see beyond your own illogic.

Did he not ask you any more questions and give you the gun back?

Not what I said? Chopped my quote with my answer...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Rovichris
Stop all the BS, here's a real story.

Went to BPD station today.
Turned in a working 22 revolver. Have to load it one shell at a time through loading gate PITA and nothing I really care for.
First officer can't get the cylinder out, does it work? Go into back room with him and demonstrate operation.
Shift change 45 minutes later, next officer we can't get it open?
I showed the last guy bring it out and I'll show the Sergeant.
OK, 15 minutes later comes out with my gun in a box.
Asks me are you a Boston resident? I answer no, but work in town X in Boston so I brought it in.
Program is only for Boston residents he says.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What is the Gun Buyback Program?
A. The gun buyback program is a proactive campaign to take guns off our streets. The buyback program asks city residents to turn-in their gun(s) and in return receive a $200.00 Visa® gift card at designated drop-off locations citywide. The “no questions asked” program will allow individuals to anonymously dispose of firearms without fear of charges for illegal possession when turning in the weapon at a designated drop-off location.

So how could they tell you were from Boston?

Your strategy is to stop them by supporting them and hoping that the media will suddenly switch sides? You're either naive or trolling, which one is it?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Quiet

Or come up with a better idea.

BFCS stop whining and start thinking.

Dude, you quoted yourself then disagreed with yourself... [rofl]

White Feather

Your strategy is to stop them by supporting them and hoping that the media will suddenly switch sides? You're either naive or trolling, which one is it?
That's silly. Saying that using their program against them to ridicule them is like saying people protesting an event is supporting them because their attendance is higher.

For Pete's sake.

- - - Updated - - -

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Quiet

Dude, you quoted yourself then disagreed with yourself... [rofl]

White Feather

Says the guy who can't figure out how the BBCode quote tags work...
013.gif

I was adding to my post and hit the wrong button. Here, I'll make it easier for you 3%ers to understand, I'll go back and fix it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom