Boston globe Mill article

All newspaper content today is/are editorials. They gave up on printing actual truthful news before I was born. 🤔
There has never been truth in journalism. Truth is a moral qualifier.

There has always been yellow journalism.

People pretend reporters were better in the past. They weren't. There were just fewer sources to compare.

Publishing is inherently editorial. What you choose write about is as much propaganda as the words you write.

There has never been truth in journalism. Truth is a moral qualifier.

There has always been yellow journalism.

People pretend reporters were better in the past. They weren't. There were just fewer sources to compare.

Publishing is inherently editorial. What you choose write about is as much propaganda as the words you write.
What's new is the nearly 100% alignment to the far left agenda for the MSM news media, all but fringe elements of social media, and the major search engines utilized for web access. Thus, the average person's means of gaining information about the world they live in has become digital, with virtually all content curated by lefties with an agenda. Sadly, most accept what they are exposed to as 'reality'.

What's new is the nearly 100% alignment to the far left agenda for the MSM news media, all but fringe elements of social media, and the major search engines utilized for web access. Thus, the average person's means of gaining information about the world they live in has become digital, with virtually all content curated by lefties with an agenda. Sadly, most accept what they are exposed to as 'reality'.
Don't you know? The highest, most moral use of Free Speech is the advancement of propaganda right-think.

If nothing else, it makes the Star Chamber inquisitions more effective, and generally helps us "get" the "bad guys." You know, like the unquestionable success of using tax law to catch that terrible gangster Capone. Having imprisoned everyone who's ever thought about trying marijuana, there are no more drugs in America...

"The police also haven’t uncovered any illegal conduct, Nordhaus added.
Of course, not everyone who does business at the mill feels comfortable about the current situation.
And one longtime worker at the mill, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of theirs and their coworkers’ safety, said they’ve recently felt “uneasy” about their proximity to those shops but can’t afford the risk of moving out and starting elsewhere.
Pending further investigations by federal, state, and local authorities into the legality of their operations, we must assume that these firearm retailers run legitimate — albeit unwelcome by some — enterprises.
As such, that leaves offended parties no choice but to hold their noses and put up with it."

Suck it bitches, gutless worker doesn't want to be ID'd and doesn't express why he/she fears for their safety. I'm calling BS on this.

"The police also haven’t uncovered any illegal conduct, Nordhaus added.
Of course, not everyone who does business at the mill feels comfortable about the current situation.
And one longtime worker at the mill, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of theirs and their coworkers’ safety, said they’ve recently felt “uneasy” about their proximity to those shops but can’t afford the risk of moving out and starting elsewhere.
Pending further investigations by federal, state, and local authorities into the legality of their operations, we must assume that these firearm retailers run legitimate — albeit unwelcome by some — enterprises.
As such, that leaves offended parties no choice but to hold their noses and put up with it."

Suck it bitches, gutless worker doesn't want to be ID'd and doesn't express why he/she fears for their safety. I'm calling BS on this.
BS is right. With 90,000 sf of rental space there is always a karen or two who would bitch about anything if asked. Let them come and bitch to me, they are all tenant at will and it only takes one billing cycle to kick their asses out so that they can find a safe space. They are in the Mill at the best rental rate that they would find anywhere. They would beg to stay and promise to keep their yaps shut. FFLives matter! Jack.

"Remember the Healy ban was timed to polish her bona fides for the federal appointment she was hoping to get as part of the "I'm with her" program, but Trump threw a monkey wrench into that plan."

"This. She's not an idealogue. She doesn't really GAF about guns, beyond the optics (and not the kind you mount on the receiver. The other kind)."

Correct on both statements, Maura has no challengers in the Peoples Republic and after her Coronation Queen Maura will reign for as long as she is interested. She will wait for another opportunity on the National level, so she has no motivation to stick her neck out on GUNZ. She has larger fish to fry to satiate her followers, abortion, taxes, Climate Change, the economy, Teachers Unions, Defund the Police, etc.
Most gun shops got the vapors and folded like a cheap lawn chair when her manifesto came out. Afraid they would be placed on double secret probation.

This is what Jack keeps saying. There are only about half a dozen actual "gun stores" at the Mill. The rest are small FFLs that either do a majority of their business over the internet or are 07's doing custom gunsmithing. Again, most of the FFLs at the Mill would be what the ATF calls "table top" home FFLs if it wasn't for the ridiculous MA law that says even if your home can be used for a small business location, it can't be used as an FFL.
Wait what? So I can’t have an FFL on a property I live on? Do you have the MGL for that?

Wait what? So I can’t have an FFL on a property I live on? Do you have the MGL for that?
There is none. It is a shorthand for the real issue which is that you cannot get a MA Dealer's license out of your house. (I will go dig out the needed references for this if you really insist). Without a MA Dealer's license you are not exempt from the AWB nor the magazine capacity restrictions. This makes selling even out of state problematic because who wants to buy guns with pinned/welded muzzle devices and 10rd mags?

You can get a FFL out of your house if the zoning permits. It is of questionable utility w/o the MA dealers license. The case that is interesting is an 07 FFL (manufacturer) and a state gunsmithing license. This does not seem to be prohibited as I know of cases of this. Think of having a shop but doing cerakoting at home...

Most places in MA are not going to give you a license for a FFL business in a home, just on zoning issues alone.

Even in parts of NH it is getting harder and harder to do.

"Kitchen Table" FFL's have been in trouble since the Clinton administration

isn't there something about where your records are stored that makes it near impossible for a home FFL?

Now if you have a home in a area that is zoned for business, and you can convert the garage into a shop, you might stand a chance but not much of one

Most places in MA are not going to give you a license for a FFL business in a home, just on zoning issues alone.

Even in parts of NH it is getting harder and harder to do.

"Kitchen Table" FFL's have been in trouble since the Clinton administration

isn't there something about where your records are stored that makes it near impossible for a home FFL?

Now if you have a home in a area that is zoned for business, and you can convert the garage into a shop, you might stand a chance but not much of one
If I felt like digging up the CMR relative to this it would point out that you need a separate address from your home. So you need more than your garage unless you get a separate street number for your garage (123 Main St and 123A Main St). Doable, but the hoop count is ever increasing.

The ATF will check with the local building inspector or equivalent official responsible for enforcing zoning code in the city/town. The will confirm that the intended use is valid under local zoning. So for a home based FFL, that it is an acceptable accessory use for your home to have a retail business or similar.

It is really not an ATF limitation so much as local zoning that is getting in the way in most cases.

With some exceptions, not in Mass. In 1998 it was determined that if you do biz. at home you are selling guns to drug dealers at nite. So you need a place that is not a residence where you keep your records and sell guns to drug dealers at nite there. Lots of threads and posts on this subject here, but that's the short version. Jack.

There is none. It is a shorthand for the real issue which is that you cannot get a MA Dealer's license out of your house. (I will go dig out the needed references for this if you really insist). Without a MA Dealer's license you are not exempt from the AWB nor the magazine capacity restrictions. This makes selling even out of state problematic because who wants to buy guns with pinned/welded muzzle devices and 10rd mags?

You can get a FFL out of your house if the zoning permits. It is of questionable utility w/o the MA dealers license. The case that is interesting is an 07 FFL (manufacturer) and a state gunsmithing license. This does not seem to be prohibited as I know of cases of this. Think of having a shop but doing cerakoting at home...
That’s what I thought. I am zoned correctly. But I guarantee They’ll still never let it happen.. It’ll be more cost-effective to find another location.

With some exceptions, not in Mass. In 1998 it was determined that if you do biz. at home you are selling guns to drug dealers at nite. So you need a place that is not a residence where you keep your records and sell guns to drug dealers at nite there. Lots of threads and posts on this subject here, but that's the short version. Jack.
Yeah I’ve heard it all before I just don’t remember. My situation to little different than your average person. So sell guns at night out of another location, check

Back
Top Bottom