• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

“BWEE3eeeerou! SNORT! weeeeeeeeeeeeau!”

-fire alarm sounds-

“ Oh god its the fire department!!!! Fatty McGee we told you not to climb the stairs!!!!”

“BUT i LOIK the STAIRS!”

“Why fatty mcgee???”

“THEERE FUUN!!!”

wash rinse repeat

I still have that Adam Sandler cassette tape!!

Weccum tah Woostah. $1.25 please! [rofl]

What happened? Are they just renting a few cubicles inside the State House now so they can get their political agenda straight from the source quicker?
They tore it down a couple of years ago and it looks like apartments from the expressway.

I can just imagine the a**h***s at the Glob and the AGs office following this thread. "What is up with these domestic terrorists? They can't stay on topic! They aren't talking about the Globe or the outrageous activities at the mill anymore! Are they speaking in code or something? Someone call our comrades at the FBI and see if they can decipher this!"
Chances are all forum posts are run though a leading edge AI system as part of a broad internet scan. Although not in the news much lately, it was widely disclosed that the feds have secret rooms at major data hubs through which the external feeds run.

Chances are all forum posts are run though a leading edge AI system as part of a broad internet scan. Although not in the news much lately, it was widely disclosed that the feds have secret rooms at major data hubs through which the external feeds run.
Without a doubt. There is a reason Clapper and Brennan are still doing their thing after lying to Congress and Snowden was exiled.

They have a few different things going on. The one in San Fran and NY are for international spying. They have taps on the fiber for where the undersea cables land in those locations. The monstrosity out in Utah (and other places like it) is where all the international and domestic shit is sent to be sifted through (they think). NSA Utah Data Center - Serving Our Nation's Intelligence Community

Theres domestic fiber taps on US backbone lines for sure also. And none of that should be legal but its certainly a thing.

They have a few different things going on. The one in San Fran and NY are for international spying. They have taps on the fiber for where the undersea cables land in those locations. The monstrosity out in Utah (and other places like it) is where all the international and domestic shit is sent to be sifted through (they think). NSA Utah Data Center - Serving Our Nation's Intelligence Community

Theres domestic fiber taps on US backbone lines for sure also. And none of that should be legal but its certainly a thing.
But, but, but whaat about the Patriot Act? You know, the "We are spying on you but it's for your own safety" Act.

The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache.

Who even cares anymore? let’s get this over with, they can’t get us all on rail cars.
I always keep this quote at the front of my mind in these trying times;

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

I'd feel a bit embarrassed if I wasn't on some list somewhere by now. [laugh]

I've been using the same screen name on the internet for over 30 years. I'm not afraid of anyone knowing who I am.
And I think I am the only person on here with an avatar that is an actual picture of me!

Ya I'm with you here. One of two names since my first computer. Not so much on the avatar mainly because I'm too lazy to find a photo and figure it out.

It would be a bad day if the Mill went down. Made a few purchases there and intend to in the future when I have funds available for more.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
Nice.. citation?

Great post and unfortunately this always needs to be in the back of our minds today as our country sinks into absolute conformity or else. Just look at the FBI/DOJ allowing left wing Dems to get away with murder (defund the Police, no cash bail, justice system is racist, violent felons roaming the streets preying on innocent civilians) while Trump Admin folks are subjected to FBI raids on their homes, businesses, etc. Non-violent protestors sit in solitary confinement while violent protesters (Antifa, BLM, Janes Revenge) are allowed to riot in our big cities, attack Cops, attack Pro-Life Facilities, Straight Pride Parades, GOP Pols, Conservatives, etc. After the midterms the Leftists will not go quietly back into their liars, they will come out fighting w/their Proxy Warriors. Remember, they promised to riot and burn cities if Trump was re-elected so the words of Mick Jagger have never run so true. "The Time is Right for Fighting in the Streets Boys".

What happened? Are they just renting a few cubicles inside the State House now so they can get their political agenda straight from the source quicker?

The Red Sox bought them and decided it was too expensive to print in-house. Most of that old Globe building was printing presses, I think, and the infrastructure to support them.

Back
Top Bottom