Boston globe Mill article

This bozo Eldridge is all for illegal immigrants for drivers licenses was he the one at cabellas blowing a gasket because they were getting signatures to repeal it on the ballot? He has the balls to back the illegals but not the constitution!
read his letter here want to help call this bozo’s office ask why he backs illegal immigrants and not the constitution

here is the link he wrote to support licenses for illegals
His bank account sucks.

That’s all I know. 😂

Don’t quote me on that.

The signs are non existent or small street side.
You need to drive down to see them or have other business in the mill to know
Just look how many people have "drove by everyday" without noticing the evil going on (normal American business)
This would be a story with or without the names people chose for the business
The enemy is not the people with a non pc name

Throwing $$ at a possible problem is admitting that you have one. I've always let them come to me. Then I can hear what they have to say. If I don't like it, I can tell them to STFU and get lost. Jack.
That’s possibly the best advice I’ve ever read on the Internet.. I’m tired of paying people to go away. They just come back for more money.

I basically paid for three houses with my legal bills in the last couple years. And I’ve gotten nowhere.

Now I handle things personally.. Seems to be far more effective

The signs are non existent or small street side.
You need to drive down to see them or have other business in the mill to know
Just look how many people have "drove by everyday" without noticing the evil going on (normal American business)
This would be a story with or without the names people chose for the business
The enemy is not the people with a non pc name
ever hear the saying perception is reality?

Names like that are chosen for their shock value, and that's fine, just don't be a hypocrite and pretend that the shock isn't going to work both ways.

There is a 100% chance that feds, local police, beacon hill ghouls and reporters lurk here if not post.
To me that just sounds like paranoia, What are they really gonna learn? That were a bunch of a**h***s? There’s nothing illegal even going on and therefore there’s nothing to worry about

Funny thing about the right to keep and bear arms is that one must be able to procure arms to enjoy that right. Therefore the right includes the right to engage in the purchase and sale of arms.
Any regulations effecting those rights must pass the legal standard of text, tradition and history. I don't think they will be able to show historical evidence that commerce in firearms was historically regulated by local zoning boards or their historical analogs. Coming up with anything other than "because guns" will be hard if the entire town has already admitted publicly that the mill has operated at high FFL occupancy for years without incident or being noticed.

The state won't make noise because then they will need to admit Maura's declaration is toothless or try to enforce it at geeat risk to the entire Mass gun control schema.

Eldridge's Facebook Page re: his visit to the Mill.

'It’s a beautiful morning in Littleton.
Since the September 10th Boston Globe story on the fact there are approximately 80 licensed gun dealers at “The Mill” at the Littleton Common, I decided to visit the mill today and meet some of the dealers.
The Mill is quite a labyrinth. I spoke to some of the dealers about the process of getting a gun permit, buying a gun, and what kind of guns, accessories and ammunition are sold. They were in all seriousness very nice and helpful, and seemed attuned to the letter of our state and federal gun laws.
One gun shop sells “pre-bans,” guns that were made before the 1996 federal weapons ban, and you can buy a gun that is not allowed to be sold in whole, but in parts, and then the buyer can do as he/she wishes after purchase.
Interesting, some of the dealers noted that they do a lot of official business with state, regional and local law enforcement departments, which of course makes sense since they all carry guns. Here is the Globe story https://www.bostonglobe.com/.../an-old-mill-littleton.../.
So far I have received about 50 emails/calls from Littleton constituents, spoke to Littleton Police Chief Pinard a few times, reached out to the AG’s office, and attended a Littleton Planning Board meeting. Your feedback is welcome, and my email is [email protected].'

Scrivener and others tear him apart on his September 10th post also.

Last edited:
Eldridge's Facebook Page re: his visit to the Mill.

'It’s a beautiful morning in Littleton.
Since the September 10th Boston Globe story on the fact there are approximately 80 licensed gun dealers at “The Mill” at the Littleton Common, I decided to visit the mill today and meet some of the dealers.
The Mill is quite a labyrinth. I spoke to some of the dealers about the process of getting a gun permit, buying a gun, and what kind of guns, accessories and ammunition are sold. They were in all seriousness very nice and helpful, and seemed attuned to the letter of our state and federal gun laws.
One gun shop sells “pre-bans,” guns that were made before the 1996 federal weapons ban, and you can buy a gun that is not allowed to be sold in whole, but in parts, and then the buyer can do as he/she wishes after purchase.
Interesting, some of the dealers noted that they do a lot of official business with state, regional and local law enforcement departments, which of course makes sense since they all carry guns. Here is the Globe story https://www.bostonglobe.com/.../an-old-mill-littleton.../.
So far I have received about 50 emails/calls from Littleton constituents, spoke to Littleton Police Chief Pinard a few times, reached out to the AG’s office, and attended a Littleton Planning Board meeting. Your feedback is welcome, and my email is [email protected].'

Scrivener and others tear him apart on his September 10th post also.
Read that article and the comments on that article..

Mind blowingly stupid

Last edited:
Who cares what the name is? He’s operating a legal business.
You don't care and I don't care, but some people do and I'm not so blind that I can't see how other people caring can affect those that don't care. Nor do I insist that others conform to my position of not caring.
In the real world we have to live with those that do not see things as we do, I just see no reason to be antagonistic when, as you said, we don't care about the name.
I ran a home based FFL in Natick way back, the business name was nothing that mentioned gun, and I didn't hang any gun related signs outside. I was open about what I did, I just didn't slap the faces of the neighbors who were anti-gun. This let them pretend I didn't exist, even when UPS occasionally left something at their address by mistake.

There were certainly many in Littleton who were anti-gun and knew about the many FFLs, but they said nothing until that slap in the face. All I'm saying is the name, just like the Globe article, is a slap. And this never has a positive outcome, so why do it?

You don't care and I don't care, but some people do and I'm not so blind that I can't see how other people caring can affect those that don't care. Nor do I insist that others conform to my position of not caring.
In the real world we have to live with those that do not see things as we do, I just see no reason to be antagonistic when, as you said, we don't care about the name.
I ran a home based FFL in Natick way back, the business name was nothing that mentioned gun, and I didn't hang any gun related signs outside. I was open about what I did, I just didn't slap the faces of the neighbors who were anti-gun. This let them pretend I didn't exist, even when UPS occasionally left something at their address by mistake.

There were certainly many in Littleton who were anti-gun and knew about the many FFLs, but they said nothing until that slap in the face. All I'm saying is the name, just like the Globe article, is a slap. And this never has a positive outcome, so why do it?
I could go either way on this..

With My Land holding company I was so stupid I used my name in it. And then everybody knew it was me and then the problem started. I could have named it anything else.

My lawyer actually pointed out how stupid I was. He was right I could’ve been the unicorn fart Inc. and it would’ve been a better idea.

Obviously if people look into it they still would’ve known it was me plus I’m there. But at first glance it’s best not to be stupid.

They hate us regardless of what we call our gun shops. They want to shut us down regardless of what we call our gun shops.

The mill is a perfect example. It was causing exactly zero issues until they knew it existed. Do you think if some of the FFLs had friendly names people would go “ohh they sound nice we should probably leave them alone”.

I didn’t realize the mill owner was an anti gunner?
From the article:
In the meantime, some Littleton officials hope a developer will make all the gun dealers disappear. The sprawling 19-century industrial building has been listed for sale since the longtime owner died in April and control of the property went to his widow and the daughters of his late business partner.

“This is not a situation that we would have chosen,” Wilhelmina Ulbrich, one of the heirs, told the Globe in July. “The fact that this kind of industry is allowed to happen in this country is kind of mind-boggling.”
I'm sure she likes getting those rent checks in the mail.

There were certainly many in Littleton who were anti-gun and knew about the many FFLs, but they said nothing until that slap in the face.

Doubt

Most of this is astroturf armflap stuff anyways.... do you see hordes of moonbats holding signs outside the mill?

All I'm saying is the name, just like the Globe article, is a slap. And this never has a positive outcome, so why do it?

Good luck telling others what to do. That's not how the world actually works. 🤣

Protip: I don't know the owners but i doubt they care about kowtowing to that sort of PC garbage. some people just don't play that game and you're going to get what you get at that point, for better or worse. Trying to tell people "you should act like this or that" isn't going to go very far unless you're a financial stakeholder in their business.

Doubt

Most of this is astroturf armflap stuff anyways.... do you see hordes of moonbats holding signs outside the mill?

Good luck telling others what to do. That's not how the world actually works. 🤣

Protip: I don't know the owners but i doubt they care about kowtowing to that sort of PC garbage. some people just don't play that game and you're going to get what you get at that point, for better or worse. Trying to tell people "you should act like this or that" isn't going to go very far unless you're a financial stakeholder in their business.
Not telling anyone what to do, just saying its antagonistic, and intentionally so, so don't be surprised with the reaction. And don't be a hypocrite by saying it wasn't intended to be that way. I've said things that piss people off but I don't deny that it does that. Own your words, don't play dumb, and don't be surprised when they react as you intended.

They wanted the attention and to piss off the Libs, and it worked. Now you all get to deal with the repercussions.

You should consider that while I'm concerned about my home state and firearms in general, my advice come from someone who isn't directly affected. The FFLs in the Mill could all be shut down and it won't directly affect me. I live in NH and I buy shit every day that Ma**h*** Firearms can't sell to you. My motivation is purely big picture. One shop that likes to stir things up ultimately means nothing to me.

Editorial in Today's Glob. PDF attached for those who can't get behind the paywall. Whoever KTM123 is in the comments section is rockin' it (comments are in the PDF, they were too long to copy here).

EDITORIAL
As law-skirting practices evolve, the state’s gun laws must as well
The House is ready to lead on that challenge.

By The Editorial Board Updated September 26, 2022, 4:00 a.m.

The Littleton Mill Gun Shop LANE TURNER/GLOBE STAFF

It’s not what you’d expect to happen here in Massachusetts, a strict gun-law state: a former mill in the Middlesex County town of Littleton has become a hive of gunmaker and gun-merchant activity. As the Globe’s Sarah L Ryley and Andrew Brinker report the facility now houses more federally licensed gun manufacturers and sellers than any other site in the country — and the gun merchants seem to take considerable pleasure in finding ways to skirt the state’s gun laws. One way they do so is by selling partially assembled guns or gun parts that, when put together, result in a so-called assault weapon, which are illegal in Massachusetts. The enforcement problem there is that the state law banning those weapons excludes any “weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile” — and a partially assembled weapon doesn’t meet that threshold. Indeed, experts say that if law enforcement officers executed a search warrant and found that someone had one fully assembled assault weapon but all the components for another 25 or 50, he or she could currently only be charged for the single assembled firearm. Whether state law is actually being broken remains a question. For its part, Attorney General Maura Healey’s office declined any comment on the Littleton facility.

The concentration of gun sellers in the warehouse is not in and of itself a problem. Indeed, it could even be said to mark a success of sorts for the state statute, which requires any seller who peddles more than four firearms a year to register as a federally licensed dealer (and thus perform background checks on buyers) and to have an actual brick-and-mortar address. But if fully assembled assault weapons are outlawed in Massachusetts, it makes no sense that buyers can purchase some partly assembled pieces from one dealer and then go to another to get the additional components needed to finish it at home. “Attorney General Healey has done more than any AG in America on gun safety issues,” says John Rosenthal, co-founder of Stop Handgun Violence. “It’s just that there are some big gaps in our law.” House Speaker Ron Mariano said in a statement to the editorial board that several of the practices employed at the Mill’s gun shops were “extremely concerning” and reflected matters the House is already examining as it develops a new “omnibus” gun-safety bill planned for the next legislative session. “Our proposal will consider everything from updating our firearm licensing and training framework, to clamping down on evolving technology designed to circumvent our safety laws, to refining tools that help identify individuals who pose a danger to themselves or others, among others,” he said. Senate President Karen Spilka’s office issued a statement in which Spilka said she would “work with my colleagues to identify any gaps in our laws and to ensure that the laws we do have on the books remain fully effective in keeping residents safe.”

So what needs to be done? For starters, the Legislature should write into law various aspects of Healey’s enforcement policy. Weapons that are essentially just copies of banned assault weapons but under a different name or by a different manufacturer should obviously also be illegal under state law. Second, gun sellers can’t simply remove one or more features of a weapon that otherwise qualifies as an assault weapon and by doing so legally exempt it from that category. Beyond that, the Legislature needs to make it clear that selling partially assembled guns and leaving customers to complete the assembly themselves is not a legally acceptable work-around to the assault weapons ban. If the assembled gun is illegal to buy or sell, then its crucial components should be as well. Next, the state should incorporate the federal definition of a silencer into its own silencer ban. Experts say the federal language is broader and more comprehensive, and thus a better legal tool against silencer kits or even homemade silencers. Additionally, since every gun sold in Massachusetts, whether by a licensed dealer or a private seller, must have a recorded serial number, the law needs to be explicit that it is illegal to manufacture, sell, or possess a gun without a serial number or other identifying marks, also called a ghost gun, whether purchased partly assembled, in kit form, or made completely by oneself using a 3-D printer.

It’s encouraging to hear that the House is already working on this matter. The Senate should join energetically in that effort.

Editorials represent the views of the Boston Globe Editorial Board. Follow us on Twitter at @GlobeOpinion.

Attachments

• As law-skirting practices evolve, Massachusetts gun laws must as well.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Editorial in Today's Glob. PDF attached for those who can't get behind the paywall. Whoever KTM123 is in the comments section is rockin' it (comments are in the PDF, they were too long to copy here).

EDITORIAL
As law-skirting practices evolve, the state’s gun laws must as well
The House is ready to lead on that challenge.

By The Editorial Board Updated September 26, 2022, 4:00 a.m.

The Littleton Mill Gun Shop LANE TURNER/GLOBE STAFF

It’s not what you’d expect to happen here in Massachusetts, a strict gun-law state: a former mill in the Middlesex County town of Littleton has become a hive of gunmaker and gun-merchant activity. As the Globe’s Sarah L Ryley and Andrew Brinker report the facility now houses more federally licensed gun manufacturers and sellers than any other site in the country — and the gun merchants seem to take considerable pleasure in finding ways to skirt the state’s gun laws. One way they do so is by selling partially assembled guns or gun parts that, when put together, result in a so-called assault weapon, which are illegal in Massachusetts. The enforcement problem there is that the state law banning those weapons excludes any “weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile” — and a partially assembled weapon doesn’t meet that threshold. Indeed, experts say that if law enforcement officers executed a search warrant and found that someone had one fully assembled assault weapon but all the components for another 25 or 50, he or she could currently only be charged for the single assembled firearm. Whether state law is actually being broken remains a question. For its part, Attorney General Maura Healey’s office declined any comment on the Littleton facility.

The concentration of gun sellers in the warehouse is not in and of itself a problem. Indeed, it could even be said to mark a success of sorts for the state statute, which requires any seller who peddles more than four firearms a year to register as a federally licensed dealer (and thus perform background checks on buyers) and to have an actual brick-and-mortar address. But if fully assembled assault weapons are outlawed in Massachusetts, it makes no sense that buyers can purchase some partly assembled pieces from one dealer and then go to another to get the additional components needed to finish it at home. “Attorney General Healey has done more than any AG in America on gun safety issues,” says John Rosenthal, co-founder of Stop Handgun Violence. “It’s just that there are some big gaps in our law.” House Speaker Ron Mariano said in a statement to the editorial board that several of the practices employed at the Mill’s gun shops were “extremely concerning” and reflected matters the House is already examining as it develops a new “omnibus” gun-safety bill planned for the next legislative session. “Our proposal will consider everything from updating our firearm licensing and training framework, to clamping down on evolving technology designed to circumvent our safety laws, to refining tools that help identify individuals who pose a danger to themselves or others, among others,” he said. Senate President Karen Spilka’s office issued a statement in which Spilka said she would “work with my colleagues to identify any gaps in our laws and to ensure that the laws we do have on the books remain fully effective in keeping residents safe.”

So what needs to be done? For starters, the Legislature should write into law various aspects of Healey’s enforcement policy. Weapons that are essentially just copies of banned assault weapons but under a different name or by a different manufacturer should obviously also be illegal under state law. Second, gun sellers can’t simply remove one or more features of a weapon that otherwise qualifies as an assault weapon and by doing so legally exempt it from that category. Beyond that, the Legislature needs to make it clear that selling partially assembled guns and leaving customers to complete the assembly themselves is not a legally acceptable work-around to the assault weapons ban. If the assembled gun is illegal to buy or sell, then its crucial components should be as well. Next, the state should incorporate the federal definition of a silencer into its own silencer ban. Experts say the federal language is broader and more comprehensive, and thus a better legal tool against silencer kits or even homemade silencers. Additionally, since every gun sold in Massachusetts, whether by a licensed dealer or a private seller, must have a recorded serial number, the law needs to be explicit that it is illegal to manufacture, sell, or possess a gun without a serial number or other identifying marks, also called a ghost gun, whether purchased partly assembled, in kit form, or made completely by oneself using a 3-D printer.

It’s encouraging to hear that the House is already working on this matter. The Senate should join energetically in that effort.

Editorials represent the views of the Boston Globe Editorial Board. Follow us on Twitter at @GlobeOpinion.
Comments from the deranged and dishonest leftist nutcases are hurting my brain. How can leftists be so whacked out stupid and illinformed??? o_O

Not surprising. People went out their way to point out these work arounds and now the left is going to use them as a justification to codify Healy’s directive and more.

Hopefully, at some point we will see the Supreme Court ruling help us out, but I fear, at least in the short term, all this bad PR is going to have very real effects on lawful gun owners in MA.

Not surprising. People went out their way to point out these work arounds and now the left is going to use them as a justification to codify Healy’s directive and more.

Hopefully, at some point we will see the Supreme Court ruling help us out, but I fear, at least in the short term, all this bad PR is going to have very real effects on lawful gun owners in MA.
Yep. But I fear that waiting for the SCOTUS ruling in Bruen to save us from our anti-2A DimocRAT tormentors is going to be a very long game here in the People's Republic. Buy what you want now, or else. :(

Yep. But I fear that waiting for the SCOTUS ruling in Bruen to save us from our anti-2A DimocRAT tormentors is going to be a very long game here in the People's Republic. Buy what you want now, or else. :(

I suspect Maura knows that much of what the Globe is advocating won't fly legally. They can't ban guns outright, let alone a blanket ban on all components/parts.

I suspect Maura knows that much of what the Globe is advocating won't fly legally. They can't ban guns outright, let alone a blanket ban on all components/parts.
They could just pass a version of that AWB the US house passed. Yes, it will eventually be struck down in light of the Supreme Court ruling, but it might hold for a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom