Boston Globe Message Boards - Hipwaders required

Bruce,

I am contemplating a suit against your post for not providing me with adequate warnings about following that link. The 50-70 IQ points that I lost from reading what was going on over there may never fully return. Should the loss be permanent my corner lawyer in a box has advised be to seek damages in the amount of one single bar football helmet and a bus of no greater than 12 feet in length.

I had to click on the X after about 30 seconds of viewing because I felt that if I was immersed in that swampy morass of dumbness any longer that my IQ was
going to take a hit just by being there.... [laugh]

-Mike

Bruce,

I am contemplating a suit against your post for not providing me with adequate warnings about following that link. The 50-70 IQ points that I lost from reading what was going on over there may never fully return. Should the loss be permanent my corner lawyer in a box has advised be to seek damages in the amount of one single bar football helmet and a bus of no greater than 12 feet in length.

Hence the caveat "Hipwaders required". I apologize if that proved to be insufficient a warning.

My favorite is the rocket scientists who categorized the GOP and the NRA as terrorists, on the same level with Al Qaeda and Hamas.

Debating these "people" just isn't fair. Like having the proverbial battle of wits against unarmed combattants.

Not to say it isn't fun though....

If it wasn't for the fact that it is these mentalities that keep voting the majority of the legislators in this state, I might find it funny.

One wonders just how many are just ignorant (ie. brainwashed by the media) or how many just so want to reach Nirvana/Gaia that they will subscribe to any crazy idea that sounds good.

Quite a few of "our folks" on the board too...Like this guy:

There are two kinds of people with guns in this state:

1. Those who go through and pass a safety class, go to the local PD are fingerprinted and photographed and then wait for a federal background check (which takes several weeks) to be performed only to then have the ability to go to the store, pass another background check and obtain a firearm which they dutifully lock in a "secure" container per Massachusetts General Law.

2. Those who obtain them through no legal means and are already committing at least one Federal Felony by even having them to begin with and another by obtaining them. Let alone the fact that each cartridge is its own Felony. So if you illegally obtain a loaded six-shot revolver you have by my count 8 Felonies...

Maybe we should start actually enforcing our existing laws rather than trying to "squeeze the chicken" and make a group of law abiding citizens jump through further hoops when there is no evidence that increasing the restrictions on law abiding gun owners has ever reduced the incidents of violent crime.
In fact most studies have shown that increased gun control measures have been correlated to increase violent crime rates particularly home invasions.

The fact is if someone is already bent on breaking the law, breaking another law is not going to stop them... especially in a state that is consistently leinient.

I would wager if you look at the records of 80% of the individuals who pulled the trigger intending to murder another human being you would find that had they served the maximum sentence for their previous trangressions against society they should have been cooling their tempers in a 9x9 cell not trading bullets with another equally savory character across a 9-year-old girl's yard.

Step in here if you dare. It's the local discussion at the Globe about Rosie Rosenthal's new billboard.

Sorry, if this is considered a dupe of a dupe.

Lock if you must.

- Bruce

From the way you guys made it sound, I expected much worse. I was actually surprised by how many people were actually using their brains and pointing out what a waste of time the stupid sign is, how more laws wont stop people who don't follow the law from getting a gun, etc, etc. Not as bad as I would have expected, but the "handguns are made for killing people" response is an old gem you knew had to be there, and it was...[rofl]

What a steaming pile of

Bullshit.jpg

(yes, it really came from a bull. I have pictures of the bull, too.)

I didn't even click the link... I've been to the DU forum before, and that was nauseating enough. I even made a few dozen posts at DU by pretending to be a moonbat there... surprisingly, many of my posts were deleted even though they were anti-Bush. I think my problem was that I actually gave intelligent reasons why Bush's actions are bad, and they could have none of that.

Oh I don't know, The first message I saw said

"Is there a big gun problem in Newton, or does this twit get his rocks off by driving past his own sign ?"

Oh I don't know, The first message I saw said

"Is there a big gun problem in Newton, or does this twit get his rocks off by driving past his own sign ?"

Well if the forum has messages like that, then apparently they aren't as bad as DU. ANY dissent on DU from the official democrat stance on everything is immediately deleted and often the account terminated.

Response
I attend a gun show about once a year in MA and have purchased guns at these so called shows. You have to undergo same NICs background check and fill out same paper work as you would in any store.

His claims are completely false as he admitted in his interview when he admitted to committing a felony in NH because he could not obtain a Firearm from a NH gun show with out having someone else buy the gun for him. <- Federal offense not legal at all should be in cuffs he could not support his claims so had to break the

WOW!

I wish I had enough for an AK!!! woo hoo!!! I can't hold out any longer... I am going to go see someone at 4 seasons tomorrow.... [laugh2]

Couldn't read the anti posts for too long as my head was starting to hurt. Now I have the kind of headache that only buying a gun will cure. [smile]

Couldn't read the anti posts for too long as my head was starting to hurt. Now I have the kind of headache that only buying a gun will cure. [smile]

That's why I'm going to the range tomorrow....that and to sight in my AR.....and because I have nothing else to do at the moment......

Back
Top Bottom