• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston is safer already.

I don’t see a charge of possession of a large capacity feeding device so was it a machine gun fully loaded with a preban mag + extension?

Charged with all those things but not charged with a real crime
For those who cant read it (I do not have a membership to the Globe but for some reason it was not paywalled for me)

A South Boston man who was arrested for allegedly carrying a fully-loaded machine gun was ordered held without bail during his arraignment Friday in Boston Municipal Court, according to the Suffolk district attorney’s office.
Frederick Hines, 23, is charged possession of a large capacity firearm, possession of a machine gun, possession of a loaded machine gun, carrying a firearm without a license, prosecutors said in a statement.
He was ordered held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing scheduled for Jan. 10.
Hines is also facing pending firearm cases in Boston Municipal Court in Dorchester, the statement said.
Boston police arrested Hines Thursday around 7:10 p.m. as he left a residence on Centre Street in Dorchester as part of an ongoing investigation
Boston police had gathered information about Hines during an ongoing firearm investigation, stopped him after he left a residence on Centre Street in Dorchester on Thursday at about 7:10 p.m., the statement said.
Officers stopped Hines at Centre and Redwood streets and found a firearm in bag he was wearing across his chest, according to the statement.
The gun was a black Glock 17 that was loaded with one round and had 25 rounds of ammunition in its magazine, the statement said.

“This is a frightening weapon capable of massive destruction in mere seconds,” Suffolk District Attorney Kevin R. Hayden said. “Our neighborhoods are immediately safer with Boston police successfully taking this gun off the street and taking the suspect wielding it into custody.”

Glock switch? Article is behind paywall
The globe uses a tracking cookie to monitor how many times you access there site, at some point they stop allowing unpaid access. Set your browser to clear cookies for bostonglobe.com on close and you'll never get blocked by them again. Or for that matter clear all the cookies.

There is also a logon/subscribe pop up, but you can just close that, upper left corner of the popup, lite text can be hard to see.

If he had 15 rds in his 17rd mag, is that still fully-loaded as far as a reporter is concerned? Asking for future clarification. (Can't read this F'ing article b/c it's paywalled. F'ing Globe. No one wants to read your crap paper. You'd make more $ giving it away for free and hope that ad revenue came in. Sheesh! You're not the WSJ. No one WANTS to read you.)

This is a frightening weapon capable of massive destruction in mere seconds

I'm actually OK with his phrasing. I'm sure it scares him, lil limp wrister he is, and 1200 RPM is nothing to sneeze at.

1200 out of a pistol is stupid and insane. One of the most murican things you can own.

I actually see no problem with this.

I’m confused since when is possessing a loaded machine it’s own offense?

How many laws do we really need?

Most likely probation after he flips on where he got the gun and the switch. Mayor will say he is a young man trying to turn his life around. Case will be forgotten like the South Boston Housing unit that had the dead guy, trannies, and kids in it last summer the Boston FD had to deal with.

Most likely probation after he flips on where he got the gun and the switch. Mayor will say he is a young man trying to turn his life around. Case will be forgotten like the South Boston Housing unit that had the dead guy, trannies, and kids in it last summer the Boston FD had to deal with.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom