Bobs Tactical had an incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to hear everyone is alright. I was just there a couple of weeks ago. Will have to go back there and show some support.

Glad employees and innocent patrons are OK. I just hope that no undue hassle is brought on them. Always felt I was in good company with everyone there.

That place was my play ground last winter when the weather was too shitty to go to my club... gonna have to go back soon to lend my support.

I shot my first handgun there in what seems like 20 years ago. Glad the staff is ok. I thought most ranges would not allow an individual to shoot alone? Is this up to the range owner / management?

Thanks for the update on what happened. I was there tonight for the plate shoot but got turned away at the door with no explanation of what happened.

I too, hope it was not one of us. I think it was not because of this idea...

A lawful gun owner would not have to commit suicide at a range.

If he owned a gun, he could just do it at home.

If it was a suicide it was surly somebody who did not have a license.

In my humble opinion. IMHO.

Very sad all the way around.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/94832-Apparent-suicide-Haverhill-MA-gun-club

Maybe they didn't want to make a mess at home or there family to find them.

Maybe you shouldn't assume things about people.

Just saying.

It is a very very sad day up there at Bob's.

I will be up there soon to show my support or even to window shop soon.

Anyone that cared about the sport, the way of life, etc. and offed themselves with a gun at a range is an effin cowardly scumbag. If you disagree I don't really give a shit. Go freeze to death, eat a bottle of Valium, run the car in the garage.. Don't go and do something that will make some pussy liberal douchebag try to pass more effin laws to ruin everyone else's lives.

I agree terrible situation all together but please if your gonna take your life do it on your time and don't make some poor bastard witness it.

I agree terrible situation all together but please if your gonna take your life do it on your time and don't make some poor bastard witness it.

+1.

This is a sad thing for anyone who had to see it and just upsetting in general for many reasons. Glad nothing happend to the shop owners or anyone else most importantly. Lets keep the community strong, and avoid anything else like this from happening. Its always better to talk about your issues instead of taking them out like this.

I think I'll swing by Bob's and rent a lane on Saturday. They're good people and they find some really cool stuff on their "estate buying sprees". Me, my wife, and 2 others all took our classes there to get out LTC's. Both of my wifes revolvers we bought there.

Sucks this had to happen to them. I know understand why MFL won't rent to a single person without a LTC. The rule kind of stinks, but looking at it now, it makes sense.

i hope everyone is ok..........ive never witnessed a suicide taking place but i have seen the aftermath and treated people who have witnessed them..........they might appear fine but mentally they are shaken...........n i was planning on stopping there saturday to go shoot

They've had a bad stretch lately it seems. I've yet to join a club so Bobs has been where I go. Last time I went (few weeks ago) I was going to shoot the plates but found out that due to an incident there will be no more plates allowed there. Someone apparently caught a jacket ricochet in the lip, went to the hospital to get stitches, and since it was reported as a gunshot the police showed up and it was a big fiasco. Now with this too, oh boy.

Honestly, FU you fu*K**G selfish F**k! I have had to deal with someone who has done "this". BTW it is never "clean". Someone has to clean up after you. Someone has to go through your underwear drawer and sort through everything. BTW, all your awards and most of your pictures and you treasure will be thrown out in the trash (I know). Also someone will go through your PC to audit your records. BTW, every site you went to will be noted (including your past "notes", I know).

I think I'll swing by Bob's and rent a lane on Saturday. They're good people and they find some really cool stuff on their "estate buying sprees". Me, my wife, and 2 others all took our classes there to get out LTC's. Both of my wifes revolvers we bought there.

Sucks this had to happen to them. I know understand why MFL won't rent to a single person without a LTC. The rule kind of stinks, but looking at it now, it makes sense.

Yeah, I am sure no one with an LTC has ever been depressed or contemplated suicide......the rule makes zero sense.

Yeah, I am sure no one with an LTC has ever been depressed or contemplated suicide......the rule makes zero sense.

It actually makes a lot of sense- if you run the numbers, the overwhelming majority of rental/pay range suicides are by people most of us would consider "non shooters" - people who nominally have no access to firearms. Just read some news articles covering these incidents... Nearly every pay range suicide involves someone renting a gun and then killing themselves with it.

Think about it for a minute- if a suicidal individual already has a gun, or has access to one, why on earth would they rent a lane (and/or a gun) at a pay range to kill themselves? They could just go into the woods or something and do it, or do it in their basement.

-Mike

Last edited:
That's an update? Looks more to me like typical newspaper BS trying to make people think it was a range accident. They could have at least said that the death was a possible suicide.

yup.

i like how they threw in the plastic boots too

This sucks!

I heard about this early in the night, called Bob to see if he and his staff were safe. The dirtball did kill himself,and used a .500 S&W that he rented. He also rented a .22 to shoot,and stalled until he was alone. I've had this happen,it sucks that someone is that f/u that they don't care about the people left behind to deal with it.

The insurance companies live by numbers! The numbers are 1/30,000 coming in the door has the intent of doing this at a public range. They also say that 99.5% of these bastards come alone,have usually been there before etc. etc. They also say that 99% that do it don't own a firearm, and that's why I changed my rules to LTC,Member,Safety Course Certificate etc.

LTC people and alike- most likely own a firearm, and would do the job at home. I turn people away every week,lose much needed money to pay some huge bills, piss off a few that give me bad reviews - but I sleep better at night that we put the safety of our people & customers above profit. It's not a fool proof system - but it's a good way to reduce the chances of a bad day.

My heart goes out to Bob, Jack, the police & rescue personel- and anyone else that had to deal with this a**h*** that took the kindness of hard working people and destroyed the day!!!

That's an update? Looks more to me like typical newspaper BS trying to make people think it was a range accident. They could have at least said that the death was a possible suicide.

They didn't even get the name of the place right.

Being a good friend to Jack, this sucks that he has to deal with this.

Suicides tend to want to be alone - and there are FAR easier options than a rental range if you own you own gun.

Also, given today's litigious climate, the failure to have such a policy could be seen as contributory negligence. I've seen signs in ranges in "free states" prohibiting lane rental to unaccompanied individuals without a carry permit.

Last edited:
Suicides tend to want to be alone - and there are FAR easier options than a rental range if you own you own gun.

Also, given today's litigious climate, the failure to have such a policy could be seen as contributory negligence. I've seen signs in ranges in "free states" stating to lane rental to unaccompanied individuals without a carry permit.

Exactly! Well stated Rob

I am sorry to hear about this incident, I wish all the staff and patrons the best with getting things back to normal.

Really? Youre an expert on suicide too? Ever know some who tried it? I do. The rule makes perfect sense. Someone with their own guns isnt going to a range where someone might try and stop them to do it. People who off themselves at a public range with a rental gun are doing that because thats the only way they have access to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom