Bobs Tactical had an incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't they just post a sign saying"Suicides not allowed on the property."? Seriously,the problem with suicide is that when the little bell in the mind says do it,that's pretty much it. I myself would rather open a bottle of booze and take sleeping pills,but that's me.Why a lot of guys like to make a mess is beyond me?Most of the suicides by men I have been involved with used guns and rope.Most women used pills,cut their wrists or drove their cars into something unmoveable.The human mind is a complex thing.
My prayers are for the deceased and the family.Bad situation all around.

Having lost my father to suicide in July of 2009, I have learned a lot about the condition.... though I am far from an expert. It's not that guys and some women like to "make a mess", it's that they want the "job" to get done. I won't get into details, but my father made damn sure that there was no return, and he did this without firearms. Other people like to have that "point of return" incase they decide not to go through with it. It's easy to take a handful of pills and booze, or to even slice you wrist (many times the wrong way), and then call the ambulance to pick you up. Many times it's done as a cry for help or attention. Those who hang themselves, use guns, jump in front of trains, etc, know that whats done is done and there will be no return.

I did...you just failed to read it. I said that it is hypocritical to say we shouldn't need LTCs but then say that those very LTCs (we don't need) should be used to decide who can and can't be your customer.

I never said it "should" be used, I just said that a shop owner should be free to do whatever they want, and if they want to use that, then so be it. If a permit system didn't exist, they'd be free to use something else, too. The permit is nothing more than a maguffin here, and you're turning it into something it's not, like the range is committing some state level oppression on a gun owner by having that requirement. [rolleyes]

You clearly do not understand the difference between your rights (as an individual) and the rights of others, and that there's a line in the middle, where if you cross it, you are, in effect, actually creating infringement on their rights.

Oh...one last thing. I was also never giving these business owners crap for having a policy like that.

You sure could have fooled us.

I'm done.

-Mike

It's not what I said

Wow! Tons of hypocrisy in this thread! How can some of you say we should not need a permit to exercise our rights and then also say that these ranges should only let people with permits rent guns?

I allow people without a permit to shoot everyday. In NH, you don't need one.
I don't allow people without one/that comes alone,rent a firearm unless -

A. They have a firearm already,and want to try something of ours.
B. They have a LTC or safety certificate
C. They come with someone.

Many shoot my firearms without a permit - but all must meet one of the above!

"Alone", with no firearm or experience - don't shoot PERIOD!

I'm done too -------

I allow people without a permit to shoot everyday. In NH, you don't need one.
I don't allow people without one/that comes alone,rent a firearm unless -

A. They have a firearm already,and want to try something of ours.
B. They have a LTC or safety certificate
C. They come with someone.

Many shoot my firearms without a permit - but all must meet one of the above!

"Alone", with no firearm or experience - don't shoot PERIOD!

I'm done too -------

I have no problem with you policy and completely understand why you have it in place. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in some people's comments. My opinion is worth exactly what you pay for it...I don't see why certain people are getting so bent over it.

Arlow obviously has poor reading/comprehension skills

Exactly.....

Let's try this instead...

Meriam Webster said:
hypocrisy

hy·poc·ri·sy
noun \hi-ˈpä-krə-sē also hī-\
plural hy·poc·ri·sies
Definition of HYPOCRISY
: a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not;
I think that's what I was explaining...no?

You call people hypocrits and then claim that you don't understand why people get upset? [rofl][rofl2]

Well alrighty then!

There's a difference between calling someone a hypocrite and saying there was a lot of hypocrisy going on in the thread. Whether or not you see what was said as being hypocritical doesn't mean a thing. Saying someone should need a MA LTC to do business with a business in one sentence and saying that MA LTCs shouldn't exist in another sentence is hypocritical no matter how you slice it.

Thinking is obviously not your strong suit....

You tried to read between the lines of what people said and did so very poorly. You attributed statements and sentiments to people in this thread but the problem is none of them actually said what you are accusing them of saying. You interpreted apples as oranges and cannot see the difference no matter how many people point them out to you.

In my doctored quote of yours, I slightly changed your words in a similar manner to show the truth of your ignorance. You in turn failed to even see that and then accused me of comprehension difficulties. How ironic of you.

Sure, that's a good one and so is this:

"Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have."

I don't think anyone was pretenting to have beliefs about governmental restrictions to ther 2nd ammendment rights that they don't actually have.

So, therefore..... "you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Thinking is obviously not your strong suit....

You tried to read between the lines of what people said and did so very poorly. You attributed statements and sentiments to people in this thread but the problem is none of them actually said what you are accusing them of saying. You interpreted apples as oranges and cannot see the difference no matter how many people point them out to you.

In my doctored quote of yours, I slightly changed your words in a similar manner to show the truth of your ignorance. You in turn failed to even see that and then accused me of comprehension difficulties. How ironic of you.

Holy crap, will you just give it up already? First of all, my doctored quote of yours was a joke in retaliation of the quote of mine you doctored. Second of all I didn't read between any lines...Are you saying nobody in this thread said that an LTC should be required to shoot at a private range? Because they most certainly did. If you read other posts in other threads by those same people you'll find where they say that LTCs shouldn't even exist. I was attempting nothing more than to point out the hypocrisy in those statements and the negative/defensive responses I got just back that thought I had up even more. I'll be the first to admit that I've made many hypocritical statements in the past, but at least I'll admit it when someone points it out.

Sadly, critical thinking appears to be a lost art, even here on NES [sad2]

REOP, glad to hear that the they're getting things cleaned up and reopened. Hopefully there'll be no negative repercussions for the business.

Sure, that's a good one and so is this:

"Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have."

I don't think anyone was pretenting to have beliefs about governmental restrictions to ther 2nd ammendment rights that they don't actually have.

So, therefore..... "you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Ok then, Mr Webster, please indulge us on the word I should have used... Hypocrisy has little to do with "pretending". Here is the rest of the definition...Don't see any "pretending" in there. Perhaps it's you that needs to learn what the definition of the word means from somewhere other than YouTube.

the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do : behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel [noncount] ▪ When his private letters were made public, they revealed his hypocrisy. ▪ the hypocrisy of people who say one thing but do another [count] ▪ Teenagers often have a keen awareness of their parents' hypocrisies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom