Black teen shot after ringing the wrong doorbell while picking up his siblings, police say

What does the police report say?

Every headline I have seen is the typical leftist race baiting titles and stories.

Fish Fishing GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario'Ontario
Yeah, it sounds bad, but I'm gonna wait for the facts to come out.

Seems over-hyped. My thoughts:

1. Letting an 84 year-old man go home is not scandalous.
2. Taking a day or two to bring charges doesn't indicate any reluctance on the prosecutor's part to prosecute the case.
3. There's nothing suspicious about cops taking the storm door and friends and family running over to Home Depot and installing another.
4. No matter what happened, the mortality table isn't on the prosecutor's side.
5. Might not be the right explanation, but mental confusion is the simplest one.

Kansas City. In and of itself, that's past halfway to justified regardless of race. Then, once you're past the "KC is a sh*thole" position, MO has a decent "stand your ground" law. If the kid was in the house, the case is over, regardless of his behavior.

Now, if I want to be cynical, I'd say the police know the kid was in the house but they're trying to head off the fiery "peaceful protest" that would erupt if they just let the old guy go. Instead, have the prosecutor keep stating "the arrest warrant says he was outside" like a robot and haul the homeowner over the coals until the immediacy of the situation goes away.

He has also proven he is a very competent attorney.
Yup. If I remember correctly, he was the one who got Travon's parents on the same page, for a while at least, to sit with the Mayor and review 911 calls. Then they went after the HOA. He's good at what he does.

Before the trial:
According to the paper, during an interview in February, Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara said Trayvon Martin's parents had been offered a $1 million settlement from the association, but that amount had been rejected.
In the settlement, Trayvon's parents agreed to set aside the wrongful death claim and claims for pain and suffering, loss of earnings and expenses, according to the paper.

"It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties," the settlement said. It further stated, "...instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties."

Eventually, they did reach a settlement outside of court, but when Trayvon Martin’s parent’s lawyer, Benjamin Crump. filed the paperwork the settlement amount was blacked out on five pages since the parents wanted to keep the amount confidential. Considering the previous settlement offer of $1 million was rejected as being too low, it can only be speculated that Trayvon Martin’s parent’s settlement was at least in the seven figures range.

Where is my 1.5 million in reparations?
Sounds like a typical $350 on a Tuesday….

Oh, wait whitey shot a darky….,

I think it’s funny this nigga thinks some 80 y/0 cracker has 1.5 million dollars just lying around.

The guys to 84 years old I doubt he’s that concerned.. the next thing I’m doing is installing a glass window so I can see who I’m shoot through my door

Somehow, I doubt this ended without this guy say “get off my steps”

You need to understand how Benjamin Crump works. He's the sleazeball lawyer who went after George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin shooting.

In the Martin case, Martin was a criminal thug, who was abusing illegal narcotics, robbing people, and burglarizing homes. He was shipped to his father's house because he was out of control in the community and at school, and his mother could no longer handle him.

When the police first investigated the shoot, they determined that the entire thing was justified, and that Zimmerman was not guilty.

Martin's family was in denial about their child's problems, so they reached out to Crump because they believed that their innocent, unarmed son was gunned down by this vigilante cop wannabe.

Crump investigated the facts, and learned that the police were right. The shoot was self-defense, and it was entirely justified. So Crump decided to manipulate things.

He scrounged up a very old picture of Martin when he was an adorable youngster, instead of the strapping, intimidating thug who was already committing violence against other people. He hired Ryan Julison, a far-left, public relations guy, who had serious contacts in the mainstream press. He and Julison peddled this falsehood that poor Trayvon was skipping to the convenience store to buy Skittles and iced tea and was set upon by a Hispanic, armed, white supremacist, cop wannabe, and murdered in cold blood. They ignored all of the evidence that Martin was buying the ingredients to make Purple Drank, an illegal brain damaging drug cocktail, and was enraged that someone was watching him for skulking around houses in a pouring rain storm. Bent on revenge, Martin doubled back, attacked Zimmerman mixed martial arts style, and was slamming his head into the concrete before he was shot.

Eager to push the far-left. progressive viewpoint, the mainstream press pushed this story everywhere on the front page, and that caused the progressive DA to ignore the police investigation, and charge Zimmerman with murder. That political decision cost Zimmerman millions of dollars, and any hope of having a normal life from here on in.

Now, I'm not sure if the same thing is going on here, but everyone needs to be very suspicious of anything Crump does, and we all need to wait for the investigation to complete, before we join the Ben Crump lynch mob, screaming for this guy's head.

Massad Ayoob has a great series of columns that provide the facts surrounding the Zimmerman case if you care to learn more.

From Andrew Branca:

In the late-night hours of April 13, an 84-year-old homeowner living alone was awoken by someone banging on his front door. Lester prudently armed himself with a .32 caliber pistol, and opened his front door to respond to the person outside.

Before him an unknown 6-foot-tall male was attempting to force entry through his locked storm door--an apparent forcible home invasion. The homeowner shot at the attempted intruder twice, and the intruder fled. The homeowner then promptly called 911 to report the event.

For this, the homeowner, Andrew Lester has been immediately targeted for racial arson by Benjamin Crump and others of his ilk, with a full-blown propaganda campaign raging across Twitter and news media demonizing Lester for having shot 16-year-old Ralph Yari simply for the "crime" of having rung Lester's doorbell.

Within a day Lester was charged by Prosecutor Zachary Thompson with the Life felony of first-degree assault, as well as 15-year felony armed criminal action.

Notably, Prosecutor Thompson informed the public that "It's been my goal from the very beginning to get justice for the child involved in the case." No mention was made of any interest in justice for Andrew Lester.

Join me LIVE at 1 PM ET to discuss this newest travesty of justice being promulgated by Attorney Crump against yet another vulnerable victim of the racial grievance industrial complex. You can join the YouTube stream by clicking the image or link below:

Elderly Man Defends Against Home Invasion, Charged with Life Felony

We'll also be streaming this live on our Twitter account, @LawSelfDefense, as well as on Rumble and, of course, the Law of Self Defense Member Dashboard.

WRBL has confirmed this is not the first time Jakes has been named as an alleged shooter at her property. In September of 2022, Jakes allegedly shot another man who was on the same grounds.

As many times, as it takes, I guess…. As if the first time wasn’t warning enough.

Nobody cares about dead White boys.

Especially if they are killed by Blacks.

90% of Blacks are killed by other Blacks. Even babies are killed in shootouts.

Nobody cares.

Black lives only matter if they are ended at the hands of White men.

Nobody cares.

Come on reptile you can’t tell people the truth

From Andrew Branca:

In the late-night hours of April 13, an 84-year-old homeowner living alone was awoken by someone banging on his front door. Lester prudently armed himself with a .32 caliber pistol, and opened his front door to respond to the person outside.

Before him an unknown 6-foot-tall male was attempting to force entry through his locked storm door--an apparent forcible home invasion. The homeowner shot at the attempted intruder twice, and the intruder fled. The homeowner then promptly called 911 to report the event.

For this, the homeowner, Andrew Lester has been immediately targeted for racial arson by Benjamin Crump and others of his ilk, with a full-blown propaganda campaign raging across Twitter and news media demonizing Lester for having shot 16-year-old Ralph Yari simply for the "crime" of having rung Lester's doorbell.

Within a day Lester was charged by Prosecutor Zachary Thompson with the Life felony of first-degree assault, as well as 15-year felony armed criminal action.

Notably, Prosecutor Thompson informed the public that "It's been my goal from the very beginning to get justice for the child involved in the case." No mention was made of any interest in justice for Andrew Lester.

Join me LIVE at 1 PM ET to discuss this newest travesty of justice being promulgated by Attorney Crump against yet another vulnerable victim of the racial grievance industrial complex. You can join the YouTube stream by clicking the image or link below:

Elderly Man Defends Against Home Invasion, Charged with Life Felony

We'll also be streaming this live on our Twitter account, @LawSelfDefense, as well as on Rumble and, of course, the Law of Self Defense Member Dashboard.

Yarl banged on neighbors' doors after he had been shot, not on Lester's door, Andrew. None of the neighbors thought to shoot him on this account, BTW. Lester's statement was that he had just laid down to bed. It was around 9:50pm when the doorbell rang (no banging). When he opened the door, he saw Yarl pulling on the handle. That's why he shot him in the head through the glass almost immediately without exchanging any words. He thought it was a home invasion. That's the defendant's story. Note that there wasn't any time for Yarl to tug furiously on the door in an obvious attempt to break it. Either Yarl had his hand on the storm door handle or he didn't. It appears to be that simple. Yarl claims he did not. That seems to be the only fact in dispute. Well, it's the only fact in dispute unless you're a race hustler trying to inject a racial component into a case that doesn't have one.

Nobody cares.

I love how this stat that “90% of Blacks kill Blacks”is thrown around as if murder is a Black race thing when 85% of whites are killed by Whites. Crimes are interracial and usually based on proximity.

In a case where a boy was shot knocking by at a door, I would expect a gun rights forum to be able to discuss the merits or lack there of for shooting someone at your door without a nobody cares about White people or Black lives only matter if Whites kill them. Both are false.

I love how this stat that “90% of Blacks kill Blacks”is thrown around as if murder is a Black race thing when 85% of whites are killed by Whites. Crimes are interracial and usually based on proximity.

In a case where a boy was shot knocking by at a door, I would expect a gun rights forum to be able to discuss the merits or lack there of for shooting someone at your door without a nobody cares about White people or Black lives only matter if Whites kill them. Both are false.
Yeah, as a black man myself, I've met a lot of gun enthusiasts over the years and the vast majority don't have an ounce of racism in em. The vocal tiny minority of NES guys chanting 4chan klan style racist shit in here really play right into the left media's portrayal of gun owners as racist conservative old whitey. Let's not give em that.

Problem is, if the white grandpa opened the door and there was no real evidence of forced entry, would a DA and jury buy it? To shoot a perp in your own home and get away with it cleanly, it helps to show evidence your front door hinge was busted pretty badly.

what if grandpa opens the front door and then junior grabs the screen door to open it? At what point does an entry become forced and what degree of force is necessary to constitute forced entry?

what if grandpa opens the front door and then junior grabs the screen door to open it? At what point does an entry become forced and what degree of force is necessary to constitute forced entry?

I’d say an entry becomes forced entry when they actually enter, since it’s in the name. Tugging at a handle, banging on a door, knocking, tap tap tapping, or anything else otherwise, isn’t entry, forced or not if the door is still friggin closed. He shot him through the storm door after opening his own entry door. There’s no way to reconcile removing a means of defense (opening the door) to defend yourself. Anyone without a gun is going to stand there, call the police perhaps, and let him bang away at the door if they think something is wrong. He didn’t break a window, he didn’t try to break through the door, he knocked and tried the handle and got shot in the face by an old guy so scared of the potential home invasion, that he opened the door.

I’d say an entry becomes forced entry when they actually enter, since it’s in the name. Tugging at a handle, banging on a door, knocking, tap tap tapping, or anything else otherwise, isn’t entry, forced or not if the door is still friggin closed. He shot him through the storm door after opening his own entry door. There’s no way to reconcile removing a means of defense (opening the door) to defend yourself. Anyone without a gun is going to stand there, call the police perhaps, and let him bang away at the door if they think something is wrong. He didn’t break a window, he didn’t try to break through the door, he knocked and tried the handle and got shot in the face by an old guy so scared of the potential home invasion, that he opened the door.
That’s bullshit… the second you step on my lawn, refused to leave. We got a real problem. 99E9EB3D-341E-4CD9-9E30-914CFF9314BA.jpeg You’re gonna wind up with some light internal bleeding to be fair it’s not that big of a deal

That’s bullshit… the second you step on my lawn, refused to leave. We got a real problem.View attachment 744007 You’re gonna wind up with some light internal bleeding to be fair it’s not that big of a deal

Huh?
Do you shoot at people turning around in your driveway too? I think there’s a difference between knocking on a door and refusing to leave “muh property” but I just can’t put my finger on it.

Back
Top Bottom