Black teen shot after ringing the wrong doorbell while picking up his siblings, police say

Problem is, if the white grandpa opened the door and there was no real evidence of forced entry, would a DA and jury buy it? To shoot a perp in your own home and get away with it cleanly, it helps to show evidence your front door hinge was busted pretty badly.
Woulda,could a,shoulda, need the facts man.

Soooooo...... that pesky innocent until proven guilty thing doesn't apply here?
"By all appearances"

Yeah, agreed not proven yet but on the surface it looks like he shot an innocent kid. Assuming proved, let him rot. I'm sure we'll be hearing about it given all the racially charged crap these days.

If you knock on my door I'm going to talk to you from a 2nd story window.

I bet this youth forced entry
NFW would you have been pants shitting like the old man in an identical situation. By all evidence the kid is a total Poindexter. Trayvon Martin was a different story. They had that one older pic of Trayvon to make him look more young and innocent than he really was, plus Travon's background was sketchy. This poor kid has a pile of honor student background and looked the part. Hope he pulls through OK.

I may be wrong here, but not looking like it so far.

Additionally, that old @sshole who pulled the trigger just dropped a huge steaming deuce on 2A.

edit- if the kid actually entered without permission I think ethically still a bad shoot but if on a jury I'd have a hard time convicting the old fvck.

Ok, story time.

Super Bowl Sunday back in like 2004 or 2005 me and some friends were invited to a guys house from work. We had been there once before. We walked in his basement with food and booze. This was in Philly and all the houses looked the same. I was feeding the guys my famous chili and tequila shots and finally thought to ask where Ray was.

Turns out we were in the wrong house. We wound up inviting those dudes over to our party and had a great night. Glad we weren’t black or we may have been smoked.

Racist POS shooter, by all appearances. He can spend his last years in jail.

This. Assuming the story about the nearly identical addresses is true it makes perfect sense that the victim rang the doorbell and opened an unlocked door expecting to see family or friends.

I feel sorry for the unfortunate young man.

What does the police report say?

Every headline I have seen is the typical leftist race baiting titles and stories.

Fish Fishing GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

When the story is framed a very specific and detailed way but has very few specific actual details in it, be wary.
Theyre pushing the "shot for ringing the wrong doorbell" meme hard. The "shot through the door" tale seems to already be falling apart.

May have barged into the wrong house, in which case its unfortunate but hard to hold an 85 year old guy responsible for not wanting to debate with a stranger whos in his house uninvited

Shitty situation all around. I hate Crump for earning a living on the civil lawsuit based on politics, He is now getting 7-figure settlements before verdicts. He has proven facts don't matter to him.

THE shoot, with a grain of salt?

If I was picking up family from the babysitters, at an address given to me by family, and I was sure I was at the right place, here is what I could be concerned about. (Even if at the wrong address)

If i was expecting the babysitter of a certain race and sex to answer the door and someone completely different tells me my family isn't there, I'm going to be pissed. If I have a temper and the door is cracked, I can believe if Jr forced his way into the house. Even if 'just inside' the door.

I'll wait until we get more info.

Google Maps lists that address as Andrew Lester- gunsmith
Jeezus- I hope the kid actually walked in and it's all a tragic mistake. If shot while outside the threshold it's going to fan some huge flames.

I'll be shocked but if the kid wasn't the honor student as portrayed, a gunsmith's house is an attractive target for the bold. My initial take is the kid is a nerd not a thug. We'll see...

I have a prediction.

If the kid actually entered the house - the homeowner won’t be found guilty.

Right or wrong I don’t think a jury will convict an 80 year old White man for shooting a Black boy who entered his house.

I originally thought the boy was shot on the door step and not inside the house.

Edit:

It was through the glass door!

Gramps is going to jail.

Last edited:
That homeowner should be the poster boy for why you need proper responsible home defense training. Dont be that guy...
am i the only one who thinks there gotta be more to the story?

good thing the 2 black chicks who were at my door with no id telling me they were from verizon and asking if they could sashay in to use the bathroom and pick out their do's weren't canvassing in the missouri area. hey, i like a good buna butt as well as any white man. this smelled very, very fishy but they left my doorstep alive.

Jeezus- I hope the kid actually walked in and it's all a tragic mistake. If shot while outside the threshold it's going to fan some huge flames.

I'll be shocked but if the kid wasn't the honor student as portrayed, a gunsmith's house is an attractive target for the bold. My initial take is the kid is a nerd not a thug. We'll see...
Could just be an honest mistake on the kids part. Too early to tell. If he did actually go inside though, even with no malice on his part, he needs to own his mistake. Cant really expect an 85 year old guy to wait and see how things play out or to talk things over. Once youre inside someone's house, all bets are off.

Back
Top Bottom