Black teen shot after ringing the wrong doorbell while picking up his siblings, police say

Reptile

NES Member
Ralph Paul Yarl, 16, was shot twice outside a home in Kansas City, Missouri, after he mistakenly arrived at the wrong residence to pick up his siblings, authorities said.

Authorities in Kansas City, Missouri, said detectives are "thoroughly" investigating after police said a homeowner shot a Black teenager on Thursday after the 16-year-old rang the doorbell of the wrong home.

The teen was shot twice in the head and arm when he mistakenly arrived at a residence in the 1100 block of Northeast 115th Street — instead of 1100 block of Northeast 115th Terrace — to pick up his siblings, according to lawyers for his family and NBC affiliate KSHB.

Prominent civil rights attorneys Ben Crump and Lee Merritt, who have been hired by the teenager's family, called for Kansas City officials to "identify, arrest and prosecute to the full extent of the law the man responsible for this horrendous and unjustifiable shooting."

"There can be no excuse for the release of this armed and dangerous suspect," Crump and Merritt said in a statement.

The family's attorneys identified the victim as 16-year-old Ralph Paul Yarl, and criticized police for releasing the shooter, who they described as a white man. Police said Yarl was in stable condition on Sunday following the shooting.

Continues...

BETTER LINK:

White elderly man in his 80s is revealed as homeowner who shot academically gifted black teenager, 16, TWICE after he mistakenly rang his doorbell in Missouri - as donations reach $1.2M for victim who remains in critical condition​

• Ralph Yarl was shot through a glass door by a white homeowner in his 80s after mistakenly approaching the wrong address
  • He had been going to collect his two younger twin brothers from a house less than a block away in Kansas City, Missouri
  • Police have not brought any charges in the incident, and released the suspected gunman after 24 hours

Home owner should read up on Use of Force Laws.

Not much detail but I can't imagine this was justified.

Last edited:
Ralph Paul Yarl, 16, was shot twice outside a home in Kansas City, Missouri, after he mistakenly arrived at the wrong residence to pick up his siblings, authorities said.

Authorities in Kansas City, Missouri, said detectives are "thoroughly" investigating after police said a homeowner shot a Black teenager on Thursday after the 16-year-old rang the doorbell of the wrong home.

The teen was shot twice in the head and arm when he mistakenly arrived at a residence in the 1100 block of Northeast 115th Street — instead of 1100 block of Northeast 115th Terrace — to pick up his siblings, according to lawyers for his family and NBC affiliate KSHB.

Prominent civil rights attorneys Ben Crump and Lee Merritt, who have been hired by the teenager's family, called for Kansas City officials to "identify, arrest and prosecute to the full extent of the law the man responsible for this horrendous and unjustifiable shooting."

"There can be no excuse for the release of this armed and dangerous suspect," Crump and Merritt said in a statement.

The family's attorneys identified the victim as 16-year-old Ralph Paul Yarl, and criticized police for releasing the shooter, who they described as a white man. Police said Yarl was in stable condition on Sunday following the shooting.

Continues...

Home owner should read up on Use of Force Laws.

Not much detail but I can't imagine this was justified.
Maybe he got his advice from the president of the United states?

I’m sure there is more to this story…..but that wouldn’t fit their narrative.
Well, don't we all shoot Black people when they come to our door? 🤔

Oh wait! :oops: I just remembered... we don't! 😟

Yeah, something kinda fishy here... but who knows if we'll ever get the whole story? 🫤

I just took a road trip to Missouri and any homeowner that doesn't own a gun out there is an idiot, I imagine in most cases if you need to call 911 then it's going to be a long time before the cops show up, your literally out in the middle of nowhere.

Sad story in this case though, providing we are getting accurate information

Last edited:
The teen was shot twice in the head and arm when he mistakenly arrived at a residence in the 1100 block of Northeast 115th Street
~
Graves said a firearm was recovered from the scene and taken as evidence.
Best guesses as to caliber?

Shot twice in the head and he's in stable condition? What was he shot with a bb gun?
Horrible writing. Twice to the head and twice to the arm? Twice, once to the head and once to the arm?
I'm sure it isn't shot four times as they would use the larger number cause gunz.

Might be a good time to get out of Dodge for awhile:

Actresses Viola Davis and Halle Berry support family of academically gifted black teenager, 16, who is in critical condition after being shot through glass door TWICE by white homeowner after going to wrong address - as donations reach $1.1M​

....Hundreds of protesters marched outside the home of the suspected shooter on Sunday with the family of Ralph to demand justice for the teenager......

Bet this homeowner is wishing they had either blink, ring, or any other thousand wifi cameras that are on the market now. People come to my house that I don't know I talk to them through the camera. Easy enough

Took a Google street view cruise through the neighborhood - not a single house I saw that would lead you to believe that it's anything other than a middle class sleepy neighborhood.

I wonder if the kid was still wearing his covid mask...

The local news visited the home and tried to interview an older White guy who was outside the entrance to the home. He was using a shopvac at the front entrance to the home.

I wonder if the kid was still wearing his covid mask...

The local news visited the home and tried to interview an older White guy who was outside the entrance to the home. He was using a shopvac at the front entrance to the home.
Some old fart that doesn’t know what year it is?

Isn't that the way it always goes these days?
He was on his way to bible class and dropping off food for the hungry between helping old ladies cross the street.
That backpack full of burglery tools?
Na , he was just holding that for a friend.
Kid might have done nothing wrong at all , but believing what the lamestream writes is dangerous .

He may have unintentionally pointed a gun-like object at the home-owner as well. While in his house. Allegedly...

eta- fyi Im being a smart ass because as seen in the post above, theyre already starting to backpedal. "Rang the wrong doorbell" is already morphing into "entered the wrong house".

Last edited:
Bet this homeowner is wishing they had either blink, ring, or any other thousand wifi cameras that are on the market now. People come to my house that I don't know I talk to them through the camera. Easy enough

I don't just have cameras, I have multiple camera systems of which some are recording offsite so no one can simply try and steal the video.

Back
Top Bottom