Bend Over Fitchburg Gun Owners -- Here it Comes!

-That's my point really, entirely separate of anything he may or may not be doing otherwise, he is pandering to the those that bleat the loudest at the expense of people who have done nothing wrong.

Oh yeah exactly the same thing Sen Chang-Diaz is doing... [rolleyes]

"We are not just going to give out firearm permits just because someone asks for one," DeMoura said. "Or if we do, we are going to be very stringent and follow the guidelines and very clearly, I'm not looking at having everyone who gets a license to carry and possess it on them."

What an odd thing to say. He goes from "we aren't going to do it", then probably realizes what he is saying is illegal, so he clarifies, but he makes it sound like they aren't at present stringent or following the guidelines.

Next time someone kills a person with their car in Fitchburg I'm sure he is going to take away everyone's license or at least be very stringent and follow the guidelines. [rofl]

I wish morons like this didn't feel like they had to "take action" and get some soundclips out there proving that they are doing something. [rolleyes]

"We are not just going to give out firearm permits just because someone asks for one," DeMoura said. "Or if we do, we are going to be very stringent and follow the guidelines and very clearly, I'm not looking at having everyone who gets a license to carry and possess it on them."

What an odd thing to say. He goes from "we aren't going to do it", then probably realizes what he is saying is illegal, so he clarifies, but he makes it sound like they aren't at present stringent or following the guidelines.

Next time someone kills a person with their car in Fitchburg I'm sure he is going to take away everyone's license or at least be very stringent and follow the guidelines. [rofl]

I wish morons like this didn't feel like they had to "take action" and get some soundclips out there proving that they are doing something. [rolleyes]

If they weren't such cowards they would "take action" by saying that they will allow any citizen who feels threatened and isn't a felon, rapid processing on a CCW permit. Drug dealers and violent criminals beware, you could get your ass shot off next time you try.

The problem is LTC's are discretionary issue in MA. It's not "illegal' for this turd to put up a blockade. It's why there are still many deep red and deep black towns in MA. With legal power, you can probably muscle your way into an LTC if needed, but the problem is that MA laws and most courts often side with the chiefs. Even if a court orders him to issue a permit to someone, there is no real long-term punishment for the guy at all. He can just skip over that one guy and resume punishing everyone else.

-Mike

I can't even believe this. It makes me so mad, seeing as Fitchburg is one of the towns in my area that make me feel much more justified in carrying my gun. I feel bad for the Fitchburg gun owners. I wonder if this means I'll get BS if I get pulled over in Fitchburg while I'm carrying...

Is there any way we can forcibly pull this guy's head out of his @$$?

Does this mean that they haven't been folowing the guidelines? [laugh2]

Wow, that just really sucks. I haven't followed the incident really well but i have read some articles. From what i heave read, they have no determined whether these guys were justified or not.

The case hasn't even gone to trial yet and they're already looking to screw everyone. Even if they weren't justified, how do 2 bad eggs ruin it for everyone. It's total BS.

This whole thing is a load of BS. Screw MA and screw Fitchburg too.

The problem is LTC's are discretionary issue in MA. It's not "illegal' for this turd to put up a blockade. It's why there are still many deep red and deep black towns in MA. With legal power, you can probably muscle your way into an LTC if needed, but the problem is that MA laws and most courts often side with the chiefs. Even if a court orders him to issue a permit to someone, there is no real long-term punishment for the guy at all. He can just skip over that one guy and resume punishing everyone else.

-Mike

No, but what would worry me is if I own a bunch of stuff that's legal on my Class A...then I go in for renewal and they bump me down to a Class B...he's just made me a felon.

I don't have a permit to keep all the stuff that I already own now that I'm at a Class B. That's what would worry me if I lived there. That he's going to turn me into an instant felon because he's freaked out.

If the police chief will not allow concealed carry would open carry be an option?

What would happen if you were to apply for an FID (which is a "Shall Issue" item) and walk around town with a low capacity tactical shotgun strapped to you?

This chief needs to grow a pair and stand up to their current policy. By doing what he is doing he is hurting law abiding citizens not to mention making it look like they weren't following procedure before.

This chief needs to grow a pair and stand up to their current policy. By doing what he is doing he is hurting law abiding citizens not to mention making it look like they weren't following procedure before.

You are assuming that he isn't in agreement here. From everything I've read about DeMoura he's in favor of this and most likely decided this course of action on his own.

Since public safety tends to be lowest where gun control is the strictist his actions will decrease public safety. The cheif is another criminal enabler.

No, but what would worry me is if I own a bunch of stuff that's legal on my Class A...then I go in for renewal and they bump me down to a Class B...he's just made me a felon.

Yes, that's a serious issue. However, even most B-rammer towns don't do that. It smells like he probably wants restricted-As and b-ramming on new applicants. Course at renewal you'll know (or should know) before you leave what license they're putting you in for. If he decides to be REALLY obnoxious and tries to B-ram all renewals, then he could turn most of the
town into felons. (Virtually everyone licensed in Fitchburg has an A/None or A/ALP, other than the FID holders. )

I am hoping to never have to renew in the city ever again, and if I have my way, never in MA, ever again, either. The fact that individual Chiefs are granted this level of power should disturb everyone on this board. (I'm obviously preaching to the choir, on this one.... )

-Mike

If the police chief will not allow concealed carry would open carry be an option?

What would happen if you were to apply for an FID (which is a "Shall Issue" item) and walk around town with a low capacity tactical shotgun strapped to you?

You can't possess a loaded rifle/shotgun on a public way in MA. (Further, depending on what it is, it may have to be encased in some sort of locked container. )

Further, LTC restrictions can be whatever they want them to be. It's not a boolean operator of "no concealed carry" vs "no restrictions". Most of the red towns issue "H+T" or "Sporting" restricted licenses. They could make the restriction to be "in clown suit only" if they wanted to.

-Mike

Last edited:
police

that is the good thing about town meetings where the budget is voted on.you can hold an item untill the end.and shake up some people.we had a sheriff that you could not get to do any thing.we voted him out and got an active one.and our permit is issued by the state.but you can own any thing,with out a permit.
I wonder can you open carry.I dont belive in it on grounds the perp may shoot first.but it may be the way to go.I dont think there is any thing against it yet.

Remember when they told us that licensing was simply a way to be able to do background checks and make sure that criminals can't get guns? Yeah, I didn't believe them either. The chief's comments don't even attempt hide the fact that he wants to directly use licensing as a way to deny lawful citizens their 2A rights.

Can we get cross-x or another attorney to give us an estimate about suing these bastard chief's, on denial of second amendment rights in a class action suit?????

Assuming we will have to appeal all the way Supreme Court of the USA???

I suggest now is the time to have some fund raisers for this activity instead of wasting our time and money, legislatively, through the actions of GOAL and the NRA....who can't seem to crack the corruption in this state that keeps the DUmbocrats in the permenant majority!!!!

Either that, or we have a revolution more sooner than later.

Time for another unhinged mob to show up at the hearing... [thinking]

Absurd...

We are legislating headlines again (not to mention members of the executive branch doing the legislation)...

Even in the context of MA "suitable person" garbage, this case is still "facts as alleged". Due process? What's that?

If I were his attorney, I'd be crying foul on the Police tainting the Jury pool....

why not hold the LEO who issued the LTC accountable. After all he thought he, the shooter was a nice guy.

Judgement and punishment should be on individual actions.

Bet Fitsburg did not close bars and liquor stores after their last DUI death, Didnt one of there own get a dui not long ago? mid late 90s?

Hell, I'm in the next town over and would like to throw some of my hard to get money at this. Wonder if we could start a collection and hire Cross-X to represent a member coming up for renewal? Or something similar?

I'm with ya on that!!!! NRA and GOAL for that matter, never spend a dime here to sue any of these bastards........I would pony up as much discretionary funds as I could to end this tyranny once and for all!!!

Back
Top Bottom