• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bend Over Fitchburg Gun Owners -- Here it Comes!

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/ci_13306281

Fitchburg police reviewing gun licenses following murders
By Jack Minch, [email protected]
Posted: 09/10/2009 06:37:48 AM EDT

FITCHBURG -- The Police Department is reviewing all gun licenses in the city in the aftermath of Sunday morning's double slaying on Mechanic Street, Police Chief Robert A. DeMoura said during Mayor Lisa Wong's weekly press conference Wednesday.

The department has liberally issued Class A licenses to carry concealed weapons in recent years, but DeMoura said he plans to make it harder to get one in the future.

Gun owners may be concerned about protecting their license to carry weapons but DeMoura said he has to protect public safety.

"I'm clearly going to change our process that allows individuals to readily get a firearms permit," he said.

Gun owners can also get a Class B permit to carry an unloaded weapon in a locked box in the trunk of their vehicles, DeMoura said.

Many of the licenses to carry concealed weapons are held in the city's most populous neighborhoods, DeMoura said.

He plans to hold hearings during the renewal process in which gun owners would justify the need to carry a concealed weapon, DeMoura said.

"We are not just going to give out firearm permits just because someone asks for one," DeMoura said. "Or if we do, we are going to be very stringent and follow the guidelines and very clearly, I'm not looking at having everyone who gets a license to carry and possess it on them."

It was not immediately clear following the press conference how many gun owners have permits to carry concealed weapons.

also announced he met with School Superintendent Andre Ravenelle and representatives from District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr.'s office as well as other officials, looking at root causes for crime in the city on Wednesday. The meeting was arranged about a month ago, he said.

DeMoura said he wants to bring together agencies responsible for oversight of youths to ensure their basic needs are met so they do not turn to crime.

"That's what we're trying to do, bring different and unique programs to the city that actually look at the core of a problem that results in violence to the kid," he said after the press conference.

"That if that's not taken care of, the kid could become more violent because he believes nobody cares for him ... those are the things you have to look at that causes a kid at some point to commit a violent act."

My comment in the blog:

Armed Fitchburg Criminal
Join the community

Acton, MA

1 min ago

This is great news, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, DeMoura!!! As one of Fitchburg's "vocationally challenged", one of the things that frightens me the most while I'm out trying to get my hard earned crack money is that one of my marks might be a law-abiding citizen legally exercising his 2nd Amendment right to protect himself. Now, thanks to you, I'll still have my gun, as I'm a criminal and don't abide by laws anyway, and can rest assured that the citizen I'm about to roll isn't armed. Whew!! Load off my mind. THANK YOU!!!!!

I followed suit and posted the following.

Are you serious?

"Gun owners can also get a Class B permit to carry an unloaded weapon in a locked box in the trunk of their vehicles, DeMoura said."

If he rethinks this...and gives his citizens that currently have a Class A a Class B...he alone will have a full jail. As I would bet many of his "Subjects" will become instant felons for possessing a pistol they are not allowed under a Class B.

Nice job..what a wonderful way to increase monies for his town in court costs and citations.

A f*cking hearing? [angry]

I think this might well be "the straw" in terms of me getting the hell out of this entire shithole. (MA).

-Mike

I just read all the past "news" articles about this to catch up on this story. It's a shame a gun was involved. Since one guy was stabbed to death and more knives and machetes came out and were used, were it not for the gun these thugs would have just stabbed/hacked everyone to death. Then the retard antis could start focusing on Bass Pro Shop selling machetes with the rallying cry- "Remember Rwanda!"

totally sucks.

hey i have a great idea! lets lay off cops, then turn off streetlights, and now finally let's make EVERY licensed gun owner suffer because of the actions of one individual.

Here's how every hearing should go:

DEMOURA: Why do you need a gun?

APPLICANT: It's Fitchburg.

+1 billion Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

All the criminals in Fitchburg have guns...why wouldn't you need one there! WTF!

Last edited:
Who said "Better the innocent punished than the guilty go free?"

-- and if a police chief follows that style of thought why is he not fired?

Total pandering b.s.

Well it’s good to know he’s going to tighten up who get a LEGAL firearm in Fitchburg!! Cause you know that 1 LTC holding shooter really overshadows the 300 criminals who have unlicensed, unregistered firearms and use them for murder and crimes currently! I’m going to sleep better tonight……

Apparently murderers "get away" with killing people if they have a license? Like James Bond perhaps?

Maybe DrGrant and the other Fitchburg LTC holders on here can enlighten us to how much they "dolled" out for their permits.

about time

Boston, MA

Yeah the only people that have weapons in that city are the cops and few criminals that were given permits by the police dept. because they had friends or money to doll out for one.

Once again another bananahead like Chief DeMoura comes along and proves my theory that any idiot can pass a test.

Guys like that, that fail to recognize basic principles of justice as well as right from wrong, have no business being in law enforcement.

Basically what you said. It just annoys me to see him crack down on the innocent because of the actions of one. Fitchburg has much bigger problems that he should be addressing, instead of pandering to his leaders and the fearful and overly vocal part of the population.

Fitchburg has much bigger problems that he should be addressing, instead of pandering to his leaders and the fearful and overly vocal part of the population.

But it is the easy way to appear to the sheep that the PD is doing something. The hard part would be to go back to grass roots police work and get tough on the criminals.

But it is the easy way to appear to the sheep that the PD is doing something. The hard part would be to go back to grass roots police work and get tough on the criminals.

-That's my point really, entirely separate of anything he may or may not be doing otherwise, he is pandering to the those that bleat the loudest at the expense of people who have done nothing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom