1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Bass Pro Cancelled!!!! CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EddieCoyle, Jan 19, 2018.

1. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

I had many friends killed while riding Harley-Davidson,
    If I ever start thinking like these sandy hook parents, maybe they will join me in a movement to close down Harley-Davidson.

Then it’s on to the next evil thing , probably Ford.
    Or Macdonalds.
    Let’s mobilize!!,!!

Bmcl322 likes this.
  2. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

Screw twatter, it’s a cancer. It makes one a slave to the app, and it spreads brain rot.

Prepper, enbloc, xjma99 and 1 other person like this.
  3. PennyPincher

PennyPincher NES Member

Would be great if y'all showed up to protest Bass Pro instead.

enbloc and Bmcl322 like this.
  4. CatSnoutSoup

CatSnoutSoup NES Member

Cool!

Hashtags are a way for readers to curate tweets that they are interested in reading by searching for them.

This makes them useful for a propagandist to reach a larger audience by including them in your tweet and letting non-followers seek them out.

It is sometimes useful to co-opt the hashtags of opposing groups by including them.

I will look to MWGO/GOAL to propagate a hashtag, but in the mean time I like yours and perhaps #BassProHatesStrongWomen

Bmcl322 likes this.
  5. Len-2A Training

Len-2A Training Instructor Instructor NES Life Member NES Member

Sadly almost every Jew that I know (and I'm Jewish) in the US that isn't part of the gun community would love to see ALL guns banned and confiscated. No, as a group, we haven't learned shit from the thousands of years of being pushed out of one country after another and eventually into the ovens!

ldi, MachineHead, 84ta406 and 6 others like this.
  6. LuvDog

LuvDog NES Member

7. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

tl;dr Sent my sternly worded email to BPS manager last night. Hoping they get swamped enough to reconsider by day's end today.

Bmcl322 likes this.
  8. LoginName

LoginName NES Member

Posted last night...

Now Bass Pro caves to anti's. - AR15.COM

Admin and Bmcl322 like this.
  9. Bmcl322

Bmcl322 NES Member

Give all your business from now on, and I mean all, to your local FFL Dealers!! Not one more dime to BPS!!!!! There is a great FFL on the Cape.... and although I won't give you his company name, it rhymes with "Behind Enemy Lines." :)

10. Bmcl322

Bmcl322 NES Member

I'm an Irish Jew. I won't spend a dime on anything but firearms and ammo!!!

....and the occasional Guinness!! ...but that's it....
    ....and this lamp. But that is it!! The Guns, Ammo, the Guinness and the lamp. But that is it!
    ....and this paddle ball game.... The Guns, Ammo, the Guinness, the lamp and this paddle ball game.... ...but that's it!!
    ....and.....

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  11. ben1

ben1 NES Member

I agree and would love to see him interview the CEO of BassPro regarding their decision on this. I found an email to send them tips on news stories and will send them links to the story. I will post if I hear back so I can put them in touch with the event organizers who know more about this than me.

Bmcl322 and bigred460 like this.
  12. gxx9sdb

gxx9sdb

... except for the ones that stab us in the back.

Bmcl322 likes this.
  13. 42!

42! NES Life Member NES Member

I've met about a dozen Israeli Jews, and attitudes are very different there. Here, you're right.

14. bigred460

bigred460 NES Life Member NES Member

Excellent!

Bmcl322 likes this.
  15. kalash

kalash

Just tweeted my rep too, in reply to her tweet about international women's day. I'm having fun with this.

Maybe we can start posting receipts for guns, ammo, gear, etc from stores OTHER THAN Bass Pro and Cabela's. Make sure they know that we're voting with our wallets.

16. richc

richc NES Member

Bmcl322 likes this.
  17. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

I'd move all of my firearm business from BPS to my local shops. . . . . . . but I don't buy anything gun related there. It's a fishing store. I buy fishing stuff. That's it.

Still disappointed. But I can't not buy what I'm already not buying. Or something like that.

Bmcl322 likes this.
  18. allen-1

allen-1 NES Member

I'm not dis-arming - and I'm not getting on a train - metaphorical or literal.
    But - as you say - far too many of the Jews that I know put their faith in "the government" - and I just stare at them dumbfounded.
    How the fck can you possibly trust anyone but yourself, your family and your closest friends?

19. Cuse

Cuse

I sent this to the store in Hooksett, NH. There is a link on the website to "e-mail store manager"

"Dear Sir/Madam -

I have learned of a corporate decision to cancel a CCW/Women's fashion event at the BassPro store in Foxboro, Massachusetts. While I have never visited that particular store, I have been to your store in Hooksett many times and have made many purchases from BassPro in Hooksett and online, as well as Cabelas online. I will not be shopping in your store in particular, but also not in any of the stores or online after this. Fishermen and Hunters are under constant harassment by those that don't like fishing, hunting, guns, people that eat meat, etc. While stores for sportsmen used to be about catering to your customers, those that would actually buy things from you, it appears that your company has decided to delve into the political landscape and make a stand against the very people you are supposed to service. Whom do you think spends more annually at your stores? Sportsmen or a bunch of anti-gunners, vegans & social justice warriors?

I am shocked and saddened by this turn of events, I used to find good deals on the items I needed in your store, but I'll go back to local businesses that are smart enough to know who their customers are instead of pandering to the social media loons who have probably never even been to your stores, nevermind purchase things from you. The majority of those that shop at your stores don't have Facebook, Twitter or whatever other site allows them to show the world what they had for breakfast that day.

Former Customer"

20. Mr. Malibu

Mr. Malibu NES Member

I emailed every combination using ".", "-", and "_" with John Morris and Johnny Morris @basspro.com. So far John.morris and jmorris have not bounced back.

Bmcl322 and CatSnoutSoup like this.
  21. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
    Ass Pro has been dead to me for a long time....I give my sport fishing business to a small local shop in Newburyport and my Gun business to several local shops...

Bmcl322 likes this.
  22. dragonballzz

dragonballzz

Bmcl322 and ISOTOX like this.
  23. dragonballzz

dragonballzz

No no no. They did it because WOMEN! It is International Women's Day. They don't want women to protect themselves.

24. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
  25. Roadliner

Roadliner

I would think the NASCAR groups would be very interested in this.

Bmcl322, M125X and CatSnoutSoup like this.
  26. Cowgirlup

Cowgirlup NES Member

27. BrianWilson

BrianWilson NES Member

"Very disappointed in your decision to cancel the CCW for Women fashion show at the Foxboro MA. store. Life long hunter, recreational shooter and fisherman. Folks like me are your bread and butter, by far, light years far, your business's biggest source of sales. I've spent countless hours going through your catalogs, and many many dollars on Bass Pro and Cabela's products. Rest assured going forward my hard earned dollars will be spent somewhere else. Somehow I just don't see the anti Freedom people making up the difference in sales of fishing, hunting and outdoors equipment and goods."

Bmcl322 likes this.
  28. CatSnoutSoup

CatSnoutSoup NES Member

#InternationalWomensDay is the top trending hashtag on Twitter at the moment and should be added (co-opted) to any of your tweets.

Bmcl322 and dragonballzz like this.
  29. oppressed

oppressed NES Member

Just called. Rep is swearing up and down that it is only postponed.

[popcorn]

Bmcl322 and Cowgirlup like this.
  30. Cowgirlup

Cowgirlup NES Member

OK, I'm in. I tried to channel some kind of liberal feminist rage to shame them. ;)

Subject Line: Cancellation of Women's Self Defense Fundraiser :(

Dear Bass Pro Management,

I was disappointed to hear that you cancelled The Concealed Carry Fashion Show at the Foxboro MA location. I had hoped that if this was successful that the Hooksett NH location would have a similar event which I would have attended. The show was sold out and many women are disappointed.

Were you aware that the proceeds from this event would be used to help provide self defense training for women? Are you aware of the statistics for violent crimes committed against women? Don't you care that women are frequently viewed as easy targets by sexual predators and murderers? Don't you worry about the safety of your mothers, sisters, wives, daughters or girlfriends? Or do you think violence will never touch someone in your life?

If the "Unforeseen Circumstances" that caused your corporate office to cancel this event happen to be pressure or concern from people who are afraid of anything gun related then you should educate yourselves on the facts.

Laws against rape, domestic violence and murder do not protect women! Restraining orders do not protect women! We are tired of a bunch of men controlling how we protect ourselves. The overwhelming majority of legal gun owners in this country are not the problem or the enemy.

I hope in the future your company can make better decisions for your customers. Until that time we won't be shopping with BassPro or Cabela's.
    There are other places we can spend our hard earned money.

Respectfully,
    Lisa T.

Prepper, NHCraigT, enbloc and 25 others like this.