Bass Pro Cancelled!!!! CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

Check out the first Q&A thing that shows up in google when you search Bass Pro.

And while you’re at it, notice that the latest headlines are all about BP being the last major retailer still selling “semi auto assault rifles.” The Sandy Hook families (ie the organized gun control movement) have apparently been going after their CEO for this. The grabbers are going after BP hard, and the CEO is talking to them. I hope he realizes which side of the debate keeps the lights on at BP stores.

Bass Pro CEO Holds ‘Constructive’ Talk With Sandy Hook Families
I had many friends killed while riding Harley-Davidson,
If I ever start thinking like these sandy hook parents, maybe they will join me in a movement to close down Harley-Davidson.

Then it’s on to the next evil thing , probably Ford.
Or Macdonalds.
Let’s mobilize!!,!!

I signed up for twitter but have no idea what I'm doing yet, retweeted a couple things but I don't think that does anything until I add friends or whatever. Also the BPS Foxborough store has their own FB:

Bass Pro Shops

Screw twatter, it’s a cancer. It makes one a slave to the app, and it spreads brain rot.

This is f***ing cancelled.

I'm livid.

Several members of the GOAL BoD and a whole bunch of volunteers poured their time, effort, and money into this event, and Bass Pro Shops cancelled it at the 11th hour.

Less than two days before it was supposed to happen - and way too late to change venues - Bass-Piece-of-Shit-Pro-Shops cancelled this event because guns.

Way to knuckle under guys.
Would be great if y'all showed up to protest Bass Pro instead.

This isn't about guns at all. This is about women's rights. ;) #BassProHatesWomen

Cool!

Hashtags are a way for readers to curate tweets that they are interested in reading by searching for them.

This makes them useful for a propagandist to reach a larger audience by including them in your tweet and letting non-followers seek them out.

It is sometimes useful to co-opt the hashtags of opposing groups by including them.

I will look to MWGO/GOAL to propagate a hashtag, but in the mean time I like yours and perhaps #BassProHatesStrongWomen

Isn't he Jewish? Didn't learn much from that whole WW2 thing, huh?

I can pick out 1000 Jews that go against everything that history should have taught them

Sadly almost every Jew that I know (and I'm Jewish) in the US that isn't part of the gun community would love to see ALL guns banned and confiscated. No, as a group, we haven't learned shit from the thousands of years of being pushed out of one country after another and eventually into the ovens!

tl;dr Sent my sternly worded email to BPS manager last night. Hoping they get swamped enough to reconsider by day's end today.

Should probably ask to have that moved to GD, it's not going to get shit for attention in the MA hometown forum with all the tumbleweeds blowing by.

I would also add to the post that they say "Postponed" to cover their assess but have already told GOAL they would help them recover the costs of setting the event up because they have no intention of ever holding it now.

Posted last night...

Now Bass Pro caves to anti's. - AR15.COM

Sadly almost every Jew that I know (and I'm Jewish) in the US that isn't part of the gun community would love to see ALL guns banned and confiscated. No, as a group, we haven't learned shit from the thousands of years of being pushed out of one country after another and eventually into the ovens!
I'm an Irish Jew. I won't spend a dime on anything but firearms and ammo!!!

....and the occasional Guinness!! ...but that's it....
....and this lamp. But that is it!! The Guns, Ammo, the Guinness and the lamp. But that is it!
....and this paddle ball game.... The Guns, Ammo, the Guinness, the lamp and this paddle ball game.... ...but that's it!!
....and.....

Last edited:
I wouldn't even now how to get this accomplished but this would seem to be a story Tucker Carlson would jump on.
I agree and would love to see him interview the CEO of BassPro regarding their decision on this. I found an email to send them tips on news stories and will send them links to the story. I will post if I hear back so I can put them in touch with the event organizers who know more about this than me.

Give all your business from now on, and I mean all, to your local FFL Dealers!! Not one more dime to BPS!!!!! There is a great FFL on the Cape.... and although I won't give you his company name, it rhymes with "Behind Enemy Lines." :)

... except for the ones that stab us in the back.

I've met about a dozen Israeli Jews, and attitudes are very different there. Here, you're right.

I agree and would love to see him interview the CEO of BassPro regarding their decision on this. I found an email to send them tips on news stories and will send them links to the story. I will post if I hear back so I can put them in touch with the event organizers who know more about this than me.
Excellent!

Just tweeted my rep too, in reply to her tweet about international women's day. I'm having fun with this.

Maybe we can start posting receipts for guns, ammo, gear, etc from stores OTHER THAN Bass Pro and Cabela's. Make sure they know that we're voting with our wallets.

I'd move all of my firearm business from BPS to my local shops. . . . . . . but I don't buy anything gun related there. It's a fishing store. I buy fishing stuff. That's it.

Still disappointed. But I can't not buy what I'm already not buying. Or something like that.

I'm not dis-arming - and I'm not getting on a train - metaphorical or literal.
But - as you say - far too many of the Jews that I know put their faith in "the government" - and I just stare at them dumbfounded.
How the fck can you possibly trust anyone but yourself, your family and your closest friends?

I sent this to the store in Hooksett, NH. There is a link on the website to "e-mail store manager"

"Dear Sir/Madam -

I have learned of a corporate decision to cancel a CCW/Women's fashion event at the BassPro store in Foxboro, Massachusetts. While I have never visited that particular store, I have been to your store in Hooksett many times and have made many purchases from BassPro in Hooksett and online, as well as Cabelas online. I will not be shopping in your store in particular, but also not in any of the stores or online after this. Fishermen and Hunters are under constant harassment by those that don't like fishing, hunting, guns, people that eat meat, etc. While stores for sportsmen used to be about catering to your customers, those that would actually buy things from you, it appears that your company has decided to delve into the political landscape and make a stand against the very people you are supposed to service. Whom do you think spends more annually at your stores? Sportsmen or a bunch of anti-gunners, vegans & social justice warriors?

I am shocked and saddened by this turn of events, I used to find good deals on the items I needed in your store, but I'll go back to local businesses that are smart enough to know who their customers are instead of pandering to the social media loons who have probably never even been to your stores, nevermind purchase things from you. The majority of those that shop at your stores don't have Facebook, Twitter or whatever other site allows them to show the world what they had for breakfast that day.

Former Customer"

Wait a minute. The gun store cancelled a gun fashion show because guns??? time for a boycott - I would have to guess that a high percent of their clientele are gun owners, so we could probably make a dent.
No no no. They did it because WOMEN! It is International Women's Day. They don't want women to protect themselves.

"Very disappointed in your decision to cancel the CCW for Women fashion show at the Foxboro MA. store. Life long hunter, recreational shooter and fisherman. Folks like me are your bread and butter, by far, light years far, your business's biggest source of sales. I've spent countless hours going through your catalogs, and many many dollars on Bass Pro and Cabela's products. Rest assured going forward my hard earned dollars will be spent somewhere else. Somehow I just don't see the anti Freedom people making up the difference in sales of fishing, hunting and outdoors equipment and goods."

OK, I'm in. I tried to channel some kind of liberal feminist rage to shame them. ;)

Subject Line: Cancellation of Women's Self Defense Fundraiser :(

Dear Bass Pro Management,

I was disappointed to hear that you cancelled The Concealed Carry Fashion Show at the Foxboro MA location. I had hoped that if this was successful that the Hooksett NH location would have a similar event which I would have attended. The show was sold out and many women are disappointed.

Were you aware that the proceeds from this event would be used to help provide self defense training for women? Are you aware of the statistics for violent crimes committed against women? Don't you care that women are frequently viewed as easy targets by sexual predators and murderers? Don't you worry about the safety of your mothers, sisters, wives, daughters or girlfriends? Or do you think violence will never touch someone in your life?

If the "Unforeseen Circumstances" that caused your corporate office to cancel this event happen to be pressure or concern from people who are afraid of anything gun related then you should educate yourselves on the facts.

Laws against rape, domestic violence and murder do not protect women! Restraining orders do not protect women! We are tired of a bunch of men controlling how we protect ourselves. The overwhelming majority of legal gun owners in this country are not the problem or the enemy.

I hope in the future your company can make better decisions for your customers. Until that time we won't be shopping with BassPro or Cabela's.
There are other places we can spend our hard earned money.

Respectfully,
Lisa T.

Back
Top Bottom