1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Ban. We don't like it, but it's coming this time.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rockrivr1, Feb 23, 2018.

1. KrymSIX

KrymSIX

I'm hoping you're wrong. I think there is a strong narrative being pushed right now about how the only problem is the gun itself. We know that isn't the truth though.

The fact that these shootings are a relatively new phenomenon illustrates that this isn't a gun issue. The problem is getting people to listen to logical reasoning on an issue where so many people are emotionally charged up about it combined with their own preconceived notions based on faulty and/or incomplete information

mibro likes this.
  2. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

For the amount of gun owners it is pretty pathetic, actually. The problem is in this country most people that worry about gun bans don't care about even lifting a finger
    for any kind of activism or even donating a dollar. They run out and buy their AR or whatever and are like "phew, im safe now, I got my gun... f*** everyone else" lol.
    Of course its not just about lobbying either but orgs can use $ for other purposes.

Even if someone doesn't like NRA, they could flip 5 or 10 bucks a month to SAF, GOAL, Comm2A, or any number of other orgs that could use the
    funding. .

-Mike

enbloc likes this.
  3. Oldarmy

Oldarmy

I would like to ask the students why their fellow students come to kill them? We all went to school and we saw the shit that went on and how some kids were brutalized with words and deeds. Teens can be the most evil little shits and some times the chickens come home to roost. I again would like to know why is it always the gun and never the gunner?

Phreddei and massgun like this.
  4. Rockrivr1

Rockrivr1 NES Member

I'm thinking this might be the expenditure at the federal level. I'm sure the NRA spends a good amount on the local/state level as well for more pro gun friendly states. Plus they have a lot of other off shoots as well. I'm betting a good portion of the donations get spent on the Whittington Center as well.

5. Individualist

Individualist NES Member

What they need to ban with strong legal consequence is posting a picture of any such mass murderer. This instant celebrity by the MSM only justifies the next wanna be looking for attention.

And, yes the MSM is cashing in bigly on these horrific events. CNN town halls, parading kids for profit... Next will come the reality TV series of the killer’s life and times. Just like a convicted felon shouldn’t be allowed to profit from their crimes, neither should the media past the point of basic reporting.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  6. CoastieRon

CoastieRon NES Member

Gun Rights: Lobbying, 2017 | OpenSecrets

I only took raw data.

Gun Rights | OpenSecrets

7. 1903Collector

1903Collector NES Member

Didn't mean MA, I know all too well were f***ed here, I should have been more clear on that, sorry.

8. snax

snax NES Member

"They" will make sure that happens. They need another crisis so they can exploit it as quickly as possible.
    Look for it to happen in a redder than red state.

Cowgirlup likes this.
  9. jpk

jpk

f***ing battered surrender monkey mass gun owners

Climbnsink likes this.
  10. mbullism

mbullism

Compromise... the art and science of giving something up that you shouldn't have to, in order to get something back in return that you should never have lost.

Cowgirlup, Admin and AverageJoe like this.
  11. 426wedge

426wedge NES Member

reminds me of ISIS's foothold in Syria and Iraq. MA is a lost cause, but it is surrounded. Western CT is just south of me and looks good. When do the militia's form?

12. MichaelJames1971

MichaelJames1971

Young people are getting an education in power - when it comes to guns, you 'old farts' are losing the younger generation. These high-schoolers will be voting soon, and Rubio has lost them all. They'll vote 'safety' over 'liberty' all day long - there aren't enough Gulf Vets among them to dam this tidal wave.

In another thread awhile back, I mentioned that gun-owners needed to "get out in front" of this mental-health issue or lose ground - I remember how dismissive many of you were....laughing now? A high-cap mag and AR ban is coming. I don't think Trump can stop it, since he'll probably lose Congress anyway.

Smoke 'um while you got 'um...

13. AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Or maybe create another crisis.....

14. miniion

miniion

Spot on! During WW2, soldiers were shot for this....

15. endus

endus

As Mike said in another thread, I think still it's too early to tell. That said...here are my predictions (not my desires, my predictions):

- 1 or 2 state level AWBs. No federal AWB. Washington seems like an extremely likely candidate. Ohio is in second place.

- If/when there is another mass shooting at a school, I think AWB at the federal level becomes a 50/50

- Raising the age to 21 seems likely, will it stand up in court?

- I think they will pass a law that solidifies the existing background check system but nothing really substantive that your average law abiding gun owner needs to be seriously concerned about

- Absolutely nothing will be done to enhance our mental health care system

- Nothing will happen with mental healthcare and "suitability"

- Hardening of schools and active shooter training will be done at a very minimal local level

- Do I even have to say that this, "arm the teachers" stuff will go nowhere?

It's so hard to muse about these things here because you can't say a god damn thing without someone going, "YOUUUUU'N HILLARY CLINTON..." Personally, I think preserving citizen access to MSRs should be a significant priority. I'm biased because I don't have a huge interest in other types of rifles, but I also think that giving civilians access to (nearly) the common infantry rifle is crucial to the entire purpose of the 2a. From that standpoint, I think there are things you could do legislatively that might require us to make a few hits but could also be used to solidify civilian access over the longer term. The fact that they passed an AWB once, they exist in states with even more coming...I just don't think it's something that's going to go away.

The 21 years old thing is exactly that kind of tradeoff, but what I doubt we'll see is any kind of language that benefits us included in that. We're going to roll over on it in a way that just gives the antis more momentum the next time something like this happens. Republicans give a shit about the second amendment only in that it gets them money and votes.

I'm a MA guy too. I'm obviously looking at this from the perspective of someone who has more to gain than people in free states. We're already dealing with licensing, suitability, a full-retard legislatively illegitimate AWB, nonsensical restrictions on handguns, etc. At the same time, though, MA may be a glimpse into the future. Pre-7/20 we were a a lot better off than we are today...if that stands in court (unlikey) or the legislature picks it up (super likely) we're going to be wishing there was something we could do to stop the bleeding.

mibro likes this.
  16. Whiskeyjim

Whiskeyjim

I'm hopeful this is an awakening for a lot of people who never gave 2A any thought or had an opinion before.
    They've been flooded with opinions for a week, and forced to think about them, and I think many are seeing the truth through the BS, and seeing that there are more of us than they may have thought.
    I don't tweet much, except I did a lot last week, even got banned for 12 hours. I saw Lib tweets torn apart tenfold by swarms of Pro2A people, who refused to let the BS go unanswered.
    Maybe some minds were changed.

17. mibro

mibro NES Member

My moonbat wife's hamster was working overtime this morning trying to process the deputy cowering in the stairwell. I could see the smoke from the spinning hamster wheel coming out of her ears.

"The police will protect me."

No, they won't.

KMM696, Koolmoose, jpk and 2 others like this.
  18. xero2099

xero2099 NES Member

This happens after every any major incident alot of d*ck measuring contests between sides and nothing really gets done ; and with todays climate of "i am right and dont care what the other side thinks so i am not going to compromise" things wont

19. JJ4

JJ4 NES Member

Don't use the term "arm the teachers" - it's the language of the antis. They want to frame it as forcing teacher to have guns. I've literally seen a teacher post on facebook "I don't want to have a gun, I want to teach". Nobody is trying to do this.

It needs to be framed as:
    "Allowing [licensed] teachers to carry"
    Repeal the gun-free-zones law
    "Allow teachers and administrators to defend their students with the best tools available"

Or something along those lines. Yes MA will not happen anytime soon, but it is already allowed in several states and could spread to others.

20. Cowgirlup

Cowgirlup NES Member

I could see Trump offering an age restriction on semi auto's and a bump stock ban and some tweaking or penalties for not following current laws. And I bet he will want something big for that deal so the libs won't go for it just like DACA.

That's why it will never happen. No one wants to go first and few are willing to risk death. Geez, look how many people here won't even kill a rodent that is a nuisance and want to use a have a heart trap.

When they eventually take control it will be ugly.

M60 and napoleon1815 like this.
  21. endus

endus

Haha, we may have mutual friends on FB. :)

You're right, I agree, and I have no issue with teachers carrying in school. I guess what I mean is that it just doesn't seem like something that's helping us in the current debate. Exactly as you say, it's being perceived incorrectly and I don't think fighting to correct that perception is going to lead to, "oh, well, we'll drop the AWB stuff then"

22. jpk

jpk

Isnt that actually capitulation?

23. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

"Compromise" kinda has more than one meaning though.

The other one is "undermine, weaken, etc..." that kind of thing. " Push towards failure. "

-Mike

jpk likes this.
  24. jpk

jpk

AKA "Nothing Good"

25. rchap36

rchap36

You mean like this guy did on twitter

1. Roger‏ @presidentchapma 13h13 hours ago
      Replying to @FoxNews
      The sheriff was on duty at the school heard the shooting never went inside to save the kid's! The sheriffs department was called 39 times! And did nothing. The school knew about the threat and did nothing! And somehow it's the NRA fault!

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

26. jpk

jpk

Dont forget that the FBI had TWO reports from folks that he was gonna shoot up the school and they did nada......but as you said its the NRA's fault

27. rchap36

rchap36

1. 0 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Roger‏ @presidentchapma 7h7 hours ago
      Replying to @FoxNews @Jim_Jordan
      Dossier report is why the Democratic party need the Florida Tragedy.

28. Sparky123

Sparky123 NES Member

I couldn't agree more. With so many ignorant people rallying behind the democrats I really think they have enough momentum to finally push their agenda. Yes, just like they did with Obama care. Now I'm not saying it's going to happen in the next few days but certainly in the foreseeable future. And heaven forbid if they elect another democratic president, if that happens gun owners will really feel the pain. Think about what one democrat did to us here in Massachusetts, and by political standards AG Healey is a nobody. Can you imagine what another democratic president will do to us ?

M125X and Cowgirlup like this.
  29. weekendracer

weekendracer

I was going to ask what country in Africa he was going to move to. You want no police and do what you want? Africa is where it's at.

30. mibro

mibro NES Member

How about Wakanda?

Meanwhile, South Africa is now #2 in the global misery index, right behind Venezuela at #1.