• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ban. We don't like it, but it's coming this time.....

I've got a mouth, two fists and a wallet. I intend to use all three.

rather than shop for body armor and stock up on ammo for coming SHTF scenarios, why not talk to people at a range on GOAL membership. There is no way that we only have 20k shooters in this state.

If MA shooters would unite under one banner, we could be bigger than any union or possibly all the unions combined in this state. We can positively do it, this year even, but we are not doing it.

Are we going to take advice from kids who eat TIDE pods i don't think so!

Everyone can run around throwing generational barbs, but it ignores legitimate information that can come from any person. In high school I was running around talking about personal responsibility and how non-action doesn't excuse people so sitting on the sidelines of tyranny isn't okay. Not saying every kid is magically wise beyond their years but if someone is genuine and expressing them-self in a way that isn't causing a direct physical harm I am inclined to listen to their full thought then accept or dismiss them on their own personal merits.

There will be no national gun control. It's become political poison. The only thing I could see would be Republicans caving to magazine capacity limits for "assault rifles" and perhaps tougher background checks as a bone to throw to Democrats. The good thing is Democrats won't take the bone because it's not enough and the Republicans can say "hey we tried"

Massachusetts on the other hand will only get worse. As will all the other blue states.

I don't think that kids can't see a difference between right and wrong, hell, even monkeys have concept of 'fairness" ... the issue how the information is presented and the problem is broken down.

CNN presents the case that evil NRA is out to murder all the school children.

I think the latest phrase trending in Hollywood/CNN/liberal circles refers to the "pro-slaughter agenda" of the NRA.

I think politicians in Washington remember the price that the voters extracted in the next election after the initial 1994 AWB was passed. So I expect some changes at Fed level but not an AR ban. I’d hope national carry reciprocity part of compromise.

I think politicians in Washington remember the price that the voters extracted in the next election after the initial 1994 AWB was passed. So I expect some changes at Fed level but not an AR ban. I’d hope national carry reciprocity part of compromise.

Well Fix NICS is part of that now so they can promote it as fixing the the background system.

Yes, this is my personal opinion and for full disclosure I hope I'm wrong. If though I step away from my personal feeling and take a look at what's happening I think this is the movement where the Anti's get the upper hand again.

• The NRA is under increased active and constant attack from all sides. (Yes this has always been the case, but there is momentum now against us)
  • Kids, whether we like it or not, have a big voice in this arena now and are making the best of it.
  • Companies who supported the NRA are distancing themselves as fast as they can
  • Pro gun politicians are getting bashed at every level
  • Trump knuckling under with stronger background checks, upping the age to 21 to buy these rifles and "open" to other suggestions.
  • Anti gun groups smell blood and are active in droves
  • Driving a wedge for anyone with a mental health disorder. Those that need help will not seek it now if they own guns.
  • This is all happening with very little to almost non-existent responses and equal wrath from pro gun sides
I really hope I'm wrong, but I see some very unfriendly changes coming our way from this. If another school shooting happens anytime soon we are dead in the water.

Yes my opinion, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. There are changes coming....

Kids don't have a say in shit, not unless they're being directed and funded by people like Soros to push an agenda.

the problem is compromise. there is no compromise. compromise what? freedom?

it's disturbing to me that the very protections from our government put in our constitution as the bill of rights are being taken away by the very entity in which they were designed from which to protect us.

In another thread I think back in 2005 scotus made a decision that the government or law enforcement (the same thing IMO) has no duty to protect the individual.

So what is the difference here. If the gov has no duty to protect then their argument about protecting the children by stripping constitutionally protected rights is invalid.

LTC/FID = infringement

4473 = infringement

states restricting non-resident = infringement

Gun Free Zones = infringement

AWB = infringement

approved roster = infringement

MG ban/special license = infringement

All gun control measure, regulations, laws, bans, restrictions = infringement.

Hasn't there already been too much compromise?

As Chairman Mao famously said "Political power grows from the barrel of a gun". The Founding Fathers knew this and, unlike any country before or since, granted political power to citizens by crafting the second amendment of the Constitution acknowledging the RIGHT to bear arms. Responsible ownership and skill with modern weapons is the source of American's citizens political power. Banning ownership is a power grab by the enemies of political freedom and is a very dangerous idea.

Robjax
In past you are right. Just infringement.

Going forward?

Do away with schools being gun free zones. Feds provide cash for initial training of armed school staff. National reciprocity part of deal. Dems can go along or be against protecting children.

No way a new AWB gets thru Congress right now. Thank goodness we don’t have the Dems in control. There will be some new regulation of some kind just because they have to do “something”.

Even if no new Laws are passed, we need to fight like they were...

Our Struggle is Forever. Eternal. Worthy.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I see some very unfriendly changes coming our way from this. If another school shooting happens anytime soon we are dead in the water.

Yes my opinion, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. There are changes coming....

Possibly, but what I am seeing is not all of this crap, but media/MSM are going full court press on this to try to peacock the whole thing.... to get pols to believe theres some kind of grassroots thing
going on instead of a few handfuls of whining teenagers and moonbats.

It's all pretty much predicated on how many politicians believe all the bullshit.

It is going to be pretty funny though watching people that vote incorrectly get eviscerated in mid term elections, though. People apparently have short memories of what happened to the dems after the
AWB....

-Mike

The Tide Pod thing makes a funny meme, but if any of us underestimates an entire generation of youth due to the actions of 10 dumb kids we are the idiots. Any arbitrary group of people is going to have its share of morons and its share of intelligent, passionate and articulate people. The kid everyone is claiming is part of a puppet conspiracy - as far as I can tell his extra-curricular activity is running the school's tv news station. So of course he comes across as more polished and prepared than 99% of his peers. These kids have opinions and do things that doesn't necessarily make them puppets of their parents or media.

While that kid isn't a crisis actor he is part of the MSM machine, and crescent et al are basically exploiting him and a bunch of other kids from that school for their own gains.

There is no puppet conspiracy per se but anyone who doesn't see the MSM/anti collusion on this one is just being willfully blind- they were literally waiting for this kind of event to happen and they've been going non stop full
retard on it once given the opportunity. This was a planned, heavily coordinated hit by MSM/antis to try to over-represent/misrepresent some type of massive populist appeal for gun control measures- and everyone is
falling for it, sadly.

You want to know how gun control went down in the 90s? It was a subdued version of what we are seeing right now, same thing- "false majority" etc.

-Mike

Everybody keeps saying how different it is this time, I don't see it. I was attacked more, personally, for being a gun owner after Sandy Hook, including from some family. If I was a betting man I would say there will be some fiddling with NICS, I would be more concerned with state bullshit.

As far as business's pulling away from the NRA, I never used any of those discounts anyway.

Robjax
In past you are right. Just infringement.

Going forward?

Do away with schools being gun free zones. Feds provide cash for initial training of armed school staff. National reciprocity part of deal. Dems can go along or be against protecting children.

yeah, but that part about "shall not be infringed".

Going forward we need those things reversed.

reciprocity is BS. All it is doing is asking permission. State to state restrictions are infringements. Make guns federal and exempt, invalidate and void all state and local laws infringing on 2A rights. The federal gov and states should have no rights to restrict, regulate or otherwise infringe on any of the amendments in the BOR.

Everybody keeps saying how different it is this time, I don't see it. I was attacked more, personally, for being a gun owner after Sandy Hook, including from some family. If I was a betting man I would say there will be some fiddling with NICS, I would be more concerned with state bullshit.

You just haven't been hit yet, you'll see/hear it sooner or later. The whining on TV etc is unrelenting and insufferable (and I've made a point of keeping that shit/noise box off 95% of the time). The media is basically exploiting children along with antis to go FR with this stuff, it is everywhere in the media cycle.

State stuff? We're already toast (although in the usual, it's MA so it doesn't actually mean much kind of way, lol) so that's kinda funny. If anything I would expect whatever kneejerk bullshit trump signs to not do much WRT ma residents, because we already have it 10 x worse here.

-Mike

No way a new AWB gets thru Congress right now. Thank goodness we don’t have the Dems in control. There will be some new regulation of some kind just because they have to do “something”.

AWB etc unlikely, but I can see trump and various rinos throwing people squarely under the bus on a lot of other things...

-Mike

Trump had a 2% chance of winning according to the screaming lesbians on TV. I believe the public's faith in big gov and big media is a lot less than most people realize. As pointed out above nothing federal is likely, blue states will double down. I really hope one goes fully off the rails. Suck to be in it but we need a state to go full on gun ban.

I don't think that kids can't see a difference between right and wrong, hell, even monkeys have concept of 'fairness" ... the issue how the information is presented and the problem is broken down.

CNN presents the case that evil NRA is out to murder all the school children.

600,000 abortions in the US/yearly, 250,000 medical/pharmaceutical caused deaths, some 1 in 25 males on autism spectrum...there is a depopulation agenda here, the powers that be want to disarm us before we recognize the elephant in the room.

600,000 abortions in the US/yearly, 250,000 medical/pharmaceutical caused deaths, some 1 in 25 males on autism spectrum...there is a depopulation agenda here, the powers that be want to disarm us before we recognize the elephant in the room.

The gun lobby is actually right around $10mm, per year, the $5,122,000 is the NRA only......
Slide1.JPG

nothing is going to happen at the federal level. election time is coming up it would be suicide for the GOP

Wait, 5 million members and they are only spending a buck per member?
Woah! Big gun lobby.

And why do big gun lobbyists need a discount on rental cars.?ect
That would only seem to hurt grassroots members.

The libtards have no continuity of logic in their twisted message.

Back
Top Bottom