• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ban. We don't like it, but it's coming this time.....

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Yes, this is my personal opinion and for full disclosure I hope I'm wrong. If though I step away from my personal feeling and take a look at what's happening I think this is the movement where the Anti's get the upper hand again.

• The NRA is under increased active and constant attack from all sides. (Yes this has always been the case, but there is momentum now against us)
  • Kids, whether we like it or not, have a big voice in this arena now and are making the best of it.
  • Companies who supported the NRA are distancing themselves as fast as they can
  • Pro gun politicians are getting bashed at every level
  • Trump knuckling under with stronger background checks, upping the age to 21 to buy these rifles and "open" to other suggestions.
  • Anti gun groups smell blood and are active in droves
  • Driving a wedge for anyone with a mental health disorder. Those that need help will not seek it now if they own guns.
  • This is all happening with very little to almost non-existent responses and equal wrath from pro gun sides
I really hope I'm wrong, but I see some very unfriendly changes coming our way from this. If another school shooting happens anytime soon we are dead in the water.

Yes my opinion, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. There are changes coming....

Honestly, it's time to start talking seriously about secession. There are "two Americas" now, divided by culture and ideology much in the same way the Indian subcontinent was divided by religion. I doubt it will ever be bridged. And I doubt peaceful coexistence will be achieved.

I understand all the above points and I don't disagree. The point your missing is that those echo chambers you keep hearing all this in are the news outlets that majority of the country doesn't believe anymore, and that we are in MA that is full retard to the point that if a pigeon gets hit by a car, we need to ban guns. Outside of looneyville here, free America still remains more level headed than is apparent.

I understand all the above points and I don't disagree. The point your missing is that those echo chambers you keep hearing all this in are the news outlets that majority of the country doesn't believe anymore, and that we are in MA that is full retard to the point that if a pigeon gets hit by a car, we need to ban guns. Outside of looneyville here, free America still remains more level headed than is apparent.

The problem is power in the US is controlled by NY&DC (and hangers on NJ, CT, MA, MD, RI) on the east, and CA (and hangers on OR, WA) on the west.

I think there are too many wild cards. This is different from 2012 because these are high school kids who are active on social media and willing to go on TV, be activists, and hold marches. As much hate as there is for the NRA, I think the in-your-face actions of the gun-grabbers an CNN is an obvious manipulation. Many of the nons start to realize it after they get over their outrage, actually think about what happened, and realize that the gun-grab scheme is flinging blame and will never work.

That said, R's control all branches of government, for now. I don't love Trump, but is professes to love the deal, so if he gives something up he damn well better get something substantial in return.

America will get distracted by the next Kardassian whoopdiedoo.

Meh, I am not convinced. I am hoping the conversation starts to turn against the media more. I seriously think far more would be accomplished in stopping the school shootings if the media did not plaster the guys face and bio as headline news over and over again and over again. They know it drives clicks and traffic ($) and it is almost like they are trying to encourage the next one. Oh wait..

when someone publishes a viable logistical plan i'll be all ears. until then, not so much. everyone in the american "gun culture" is frustrated, myself included.

The culture/values divide is wider than this particular issue, and it's getting wider by the day. It's not just the Second they're hammering, it's the First as well, with their SJW Internet "trials" and outing and shaming, #metoo and all that crap.

How to do it? Good question.

maybe what you say is true OP. But if you exam one bullet point at a time lets just stop with your second point about kids having a voice. These are the same kids that are eating tide pods. Do you really think they have any credibility?

The most important part everyone is forgetting is the systemic failure of the government at every level in this case.

School failed because kid was expelled and still trespassed and they took no action. Students rumored to say this kid is violent and still the administration took no action.

Police called to his house approx. 39 times and no arrests.....39 freakin times....really?

FBI notified 2x of a threat on social media and either ignored it or were ordered to stand down.

Sheriffs deputy or school resource officer whatever you want to call it failed to engage and took a defensive position outside and gave the kid a free ride through the school to kill as many as he could.

So gun control FAILED!!!! It doesn't work.

This is what needs to be pushed. Every time someone brings up gun control remind them that the government wanted these kids dead to use to strip America of her Constitutional Rights.

Defeatism, some of you gots it.

I wouldn't say Defeatism, I'd say more realism then anything. I'm waiting for some kind of counter "something" to happen to grab onto, but the gun community seems to be very quiet right now. Nobody here hopes I'm wrong more then me, but if I take my emotions out of the mix it's not hard to see there's been a swing and the kids are the main reason. Having a pissed off Dad talking about visiting his daughter in the cemetery now on national tv will tip those that were in the middle not sure which side to fall onto..

Are we going to take advice from kids who eat TIDE pods i don't think so!

True.

I'm not so convinced yet. We are getting hit but the fact remains there are a lot of gun owners who we don't hear about and I strongly think it's because of our location (NE) and the local media agenda. What we are seeing and hearing is a knee jerk reaction. Trump may give them something to quiet them up a little like improved back ground checks but I don't see a ban. There are just too many AR's.

A little Florida history, this fort was under cannon fire for 52 straight days by the English navy , and only took 2 casualties. Spanish ships finally arrived and The English sailed off unsuccessfull.

Castillo de San Marcos was twice besieged: first by English colonial forces led by Carolina Colony Governor James Moore in 1702, and then by Georgia colonial Governor James Oglethorpe in 1740.

I think we can withstand a little snowflake barrage from cnn.

I hope it’s not coming but I’ll say it’s not just because we’re in NE. The national news is really capitalizing on this and pushing the liberal agenda.

It’s a monster movement right now and just another way to drive a divide through the nation. And that’s what they want... they want to divide us to conquer us.

The Tide Pod thing makes a funny meme, but if any of us underestimates an entire generation of youth due to the actions of 10 dumb kids we are the idiots. Any arbitrary group of people is going to have its share of morons and its share of intelligent, passionate and articulate people. The kid everyone is claiming is part of a puppet conspiracy - as far as I can tell his extra-curricular activity is running the school's tv news station. So of course he comes across as more polished and prepared than 99% of his peers. These kids have opinions and do things that doesn't necessarily make them puppets of their parents or media.

Are we talking about a national ban of some kind that's passed by Congress and signed by Trump? If yes then I think it's possible that we'll see something like a ban on bumpstocks, or some kind of background check/mental screening requirement or system, but it will stop short of banning guns by name, or banning standard capacity mags. The mental health screening check (or any other screening on top of what we have) is bad enough on its own of course, but I don't think there's much chance of 1994 happening again.

I respectfully disagree. While we are loosing a little ground on the purpose of the 2nd amendment, somewhere a Hollywood producer is about to get nailed on a sexual misconduct charge and gun control will be as big of a topic as it was before the Florida shooting. What I want to know is if Trump is compromising the Left's wishes, what do we get in return? National reciprocity?

If they think guns are a problem now wait till they try to take them from the law abiding. Anybody want to be first?
I just hope there's enough people that will give the grabbers a huge 'f*** off' when they try to take our guns. I have every intent to be one of those giving them one round at a time, at high velocity. Granted there's no way to know if/when/how they plan to get to that point, only that the grabbers WANT to get to that point. The law abiding gun owners of America DON'T want to get to that point.

It disgusts me how an evil act is used by the left/gun grabbers to forward their communist agenda. I'm not surprised, not in the least, by this though.

As for secession, don't see how that could actually happen. Sadly, there are far too many that would not want to secede in order to retain our Constitutional rights. Unless you plan to break states up into parts where we retain our freedoms, while the rest of the state as them revoked. I wonder how long it would take those more repressed sections to realize how they're LESS safe after that.

Back
Top Bottom