• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ban. We don't like it, but it's coming this time.....

It's all about organizing for the upcoming elections, get the left out to vote and to flip both houses. Then the moon bats can block, repeal and attempt to impeach.

If every gun owner in the state was a member of the NRA and GOAL nobody would be banning anything. Unfortunately, people like to bitch and whine but they won't crack open their wallet when they should.

BINGO!!!

You don't want a ban, then spend your money and give to a pro-gun group (NRA, GOA, GOAL, NAGR, etc....) and on Monday PICK UP THE GODDAM PHONE AND CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AND CONGRESS!!!!! And follow-up with a letter!

EXACTLY +++++

There has been much complaining about the $’s the NRA gives to politicians. However, the anti groups give far more money. The power of the NRA is in votes and the fact that members vote, and votes are what politicians need to stay in office.

If all 300,000 gun owners in MA belonged to GOAL, then we would also have more of a voice here. More pols though not all would be wary of trampling our rights.

EXACTLY +++++

There has been much complaining about the $’s the NRA gives to politicians. However, the anti groups give far more money. The power of the NRA is in votes and the fact that members vote, and votes are what politicians need to stay in office.

If all 300,000 gun owners in MA belonged to GOAL, then we would also have more of a voice here. More pols though not all would be wary of trampling our rights.

More like 400 thousand ;)
Then consider if each one got at least one voting friend or family member on board.
800 thousand people is one hell of a voting block if we can get our shit together.

Well, she IS right:

1. Repeal this Gun Free Schools nonsense and let willing faculty/staff carry. Provide ample training (required).

2. Thoroughly investigate the Broward Co. Sherriff's department, especially as relates to the PROMISE program and failure to prosecute serious crimes, and the (non-)response of deputies during an active shooter situation.

3. Clean house at the FBI: between their failures in this case, the Russiagate horsepoop, and the pass given to Clinton and friends, they've demonstrated they're a thoroughly incompetent if not downright corrupt organization.

Absolutely, with this one change. I don't trust others to reach the same conclusion I would. That training/practice is an absolute requirement, so make it part of the deal. Besides, wouldn't you like your boss to tell you you HAVE to go to the range at least once a month and pays for the ammo. This plus summers off and even I'd be thinking about going into teaching.

If it didnt happen after Sandy hook, with Obama and dem control of both house and Senate...Florida isnt going to do it.

Sandy hook was a close call, but if anything it helped shooting sport.

It just seems bad this time beacause all of the anti trump crowd is latching on to gun control....if the dems atempt anything it wil fail, and they wil lose at the polls.

Theres always a chance the Rs will back stab us...what trump says or does is irrelevant.

I hope you are right, but in MA, I fully expect that we'll get screwed by new laws in some way or other.

Absolutely, with this one change. I don't trust others to reach the same conclusion I would. That training/practice is an absolute requirement, so make it part of the deal. Besides, wouldn't you like your boss to tell you you HAVE to go to the range at least once a month and pays for the ammo. This plus summers off and even I'd be thinking about going into teaching.

I fully agree about training/practice. But I am certain that the unions will shoot this down in most places and it would never be allowed in any public school in MA.

More like 400 thousand ;)
Then consider if each one got at least one voting friend or family member on board.
800 thousand people is one hell of a voting block if we can get our shit together.

^ this, and the road there begins at getting everyone a member of a local MA org like com2a or GOAL. With 20k members we are in no position to defend our rights.

I fully agree about training/practice. But I am certain that the unions will shoot this down in most places and it would never be allowed in any public school in MA.

Just because you are right doesn't mean you have to ruin my day of self delusion by pointing it out [laugh][laugh][laugh], MA sucks.

They don't have to grant permission - just remove the restriction and let nature take it's course. I can bet many teachers and staff would carry if it was allowed - I bet some already do (just very carefully). My bet is there is nothing in the union paperwork about guns as they are banned already - remove the ban.

Too many RINO's in the GOP right now, if there is something that might get banned (performance trigger or some other part) get it now. My LaRue $99 MBT-2S is arriving today, I am accumulating parts for a rifle for my daughter, not taking any chances I can't build what I want.

Remember the GOP hated the Tea Party (maybe more) than the Dems. After Rand Paul's stand up performance on the CR, Senators were heard to comment how they can understand how he got attacked in his yard. These guys are not our friends and all that has to happen is McConnell and Ryan to allow votes on say an AWB and it will pass; the Dems (47) will vote as a block and the two Independents will vote with the Dems (49). Flake, McCain, McConnell, Collins, Graham, Hatch are likely that makes (55) - don't count it out.

As always, DO NOT COMPLY.

Yes, this is my personal opinion and for full disclosure I hope I'm wrong. If though I step away from my personal feeling and take a look at what's happening I think this is the movement where the Anti's get the upper hand again.

• The NRA is under increased active and constant attack from all sides. (Yes this has always been the case, but there is momentum now against us)
  • Kids, whether we like it or not, have a big voice in this arena now and are making the best of it.
  • Companies who supported the NRA are distancing themselves as fast as they can
  • Pro gun politicians are getting bashed at every level
  • Trump knuckling under with stronger background checks, upping the age to 21 to buy these rifles and "open" to other suggestions.
  • Anti gun groups smell blood and are active in droves
  • Driving a wedge for anyone with a mental health disorder. Those that need help will not seek it now if they own guns.
  • This is all happening with very little to almost non-existent responses and equal wrath from pro gun sides
I really hope I'm wrong, but I see some very unfriendly changes coming our way from this. If another school shooting happens anytime soon we are dead in the water.

Yes my opinion, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. There are changes coming....

The vast majority of gun owners in America have never supported any gun rights organization and have no clue what's going on in America. When the Maura Healey's of the country show up at these gun owners homes taking their firearms they will take to the street in masses yelling the NRA sucks....

I'm already a member of Goal and NRA... and I have an automated monthly donation yo Comm2A. Guess I should join GOA too.

Really? How pozzed are these pro gun orgs? I suspect they are mostly full of the same rinoboomerfags as the GOP. Not sure that joining them is the answer.

Just joined GOA and SAF.

From what I see about N A G R - I'm not so sure about them. Most positive reviews I've seen on forums seem to be from newly registered people with only a few posts.

Go ahead and launch your better idea organization, let me know what the dues are as I'll be the first member.....
How about joining the local GOP R party organization and influencing policy and pols directly? Or you can pay me enough to rent a building on K street and follow pols on expensive vacations while nicely asking them not to throw you in a gulag. That sounds like a good plan, for me. The orgs have failed, plus orgs are easily *redirected* or ahem targeted by the IRS. Orgs are weak. Get in the machine.

How about joining the local GOP R party organization and influencing policy and pols directly? Or you can pay me enough to rent a building on K street and follow pols on expensive vacations while nicely asking them not to throw you in a gulag. That sounds like a good plan, for me. The orgs have failed, plus orgs are easily *redirected* or ahem targeted by the IRS. Orgs are weak. Get in the machine.
Without these Organizations how many firearms do you think you would own right now?

I'm afraid the machine's broken.
If you looked at all the Rs in office, would the RINOs outnumber the actual conservatives? I fear that's the case.
The worst of the Rs are indistinguishable from Democrats (Charlie Baker for one)
RINOs are in charge of the GOP. Ryan, McConnell, etc...how much pressure does a young conservative get to toe the RINO party line? And if they dont, how long do they last?

I agree, but I don’t want an insistence on money for ammo and time for training to get in the way of simply lifting GFZ. In my view, arming teachers doesn’t need to be a big thing, complete with its own bureaucracy and regulations.

Just let us treat the school building as we would any other building. Let us carry there, defend ourselves, and use our judgement otherwise. Just as we're trusted to do on the street outside the school.

I’ll repeat, as a teacher who’d love to be able to carry legally, my responsibility is to the students in my classroom. As long as they’re in my room, I’ll be there too. We don’t need to put on our sashes and go hunting shooters with our pocket pistols, crossing lanes during a full-scale SWAT response.

This will help us in the midterms - all the lefties were coming out anyways, this will get more conservatives in action.

Kudos though to cnn for making this a kids against the NRA issue!

They don't have to grant permission - just remove the restriction and let nature take it's course. I can bet many teachers and staff would carry if it was allowed - I bet some already do (just very carefully). My bet is there is nothing in the union paperwork about guns as they are banned already - remove the ban.

True. When I first got into shooting, the woman who ran the NRA matches at my first gun club was a teacher in a good sized MA city and carried all the time.

Unfotunately,I agree.

Maybe I can just move to a free country,but I don't have the balls.
What countries? I’m always keeping an eye open for the family, but can’t really think of any... especially English speaking?

rather than shop for body armor and stock up on ammo for coming SHTF scenarios, why not talk to people at a range on GOAL membership. There is no way that we only have 20k shooters in this state.

If MA shooters would unite under one banner, we could be bigger than any union or possibly all the unions combined in this state. We can positively do it, this year even, but we are not doing it.
This is so true. Give your GOAL newspapers to other shooters. Tell them about COMM2A etc. even with GOAL you can enter a raffle so it makes donating easy.

I'm afraid the machine's broken.
If you looked at all the Rs in office, would the RINOs outnumber the actual conservatives? I fear that's the case.
The worst of the Rs are indistinguishable from Democrats (Charlie Baker for one)
RINOs are in charge of the GOP. Ryan, McConnell, etc...how much pressure does a young conservative get to toe the RINO party line? And if they dont, how long do they last?
Exactly, because the GOP is cucked the orgs can't do shit for gun rights. The only path forward is reclaiming the GOP from the inside. Join the local party, run for dogcatcher, whatever. Throwing 100 bucks at the NRA is the same as buying your way out of the draft. 'Did muh part in the fight.'

I haven't been pleased with the NRA but with the current climate and the way Dana handled the herd of sheep and foaming at the mouth Sheriff Israel with the CNN fakers I have reconsidered. The speech by Lapierre at CPAC was spot on.

What put me over the edge are the "sponsors" now ditching. So I am ditching them and renewing membership with the NRA.

I haven't been pleased with the NRA but with the current climate and the way Dana handled the herd of sheep and foaming at the mouth Sheriff Israel with the CNN fakers I have reconsidered. The speech by Lapierre at CPAC was spot on.

What put me over the edge are the "sponsors" now ditching. So I am ditching them and renewing membership with the NRA.
Exactly.

Now let’s not turn this into a NRA versus anti-NRA thread.

Back
Top Bottom