• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ban. We don't like it, but it's coming this time.....

How about Wakanda?

Meanwhile, South Africa is now #2 in the global misery index, right behind Venezuela at #1.

You get a couple hundred people and the right arms and equipment and you could probably carve out a chunk of Venezuela without too much trouble. Bring food and the locals will help you.

Trump was pro 2A at CPAC today and spent a long time talking about armed teachers & staff being a component in addition to providing funding for guards. Seemed UBC/improved mental health record sharing was on the table only if linked with reciprocity and ending GFZs.

Relax. The gun grabbers have tried twelve ways to sunday to take the guns. They've failed every time. We been through plenty of school shootings now and the grabbers still have not achieved. Don't panic folks. Your guns aren't going anywhere, but I'm sure the grabbers are pleased that you're worried, because worrying you is as close to grabbing as they can come.

We are on a swing back. The msm is hated and we have this newfangled electron beaming printing press that sort of spreads unfiltered information. The only new thing is pimping the kids. And I doubt the effectiveness of that. The boomerfags certainly aren't going to be swayed by kids opinions.

Last week it seemed like the grabbers had momentum and now it seems to have backfired on them to the point this is turning our way. Government failing miserably at all levels, lying about it for days, and then the media's blatantly coordinated campaign seems to have put people off and riled up our side.

Also the police department knew of his past, and threats also. Did nada

The FL state health commission (something to do with mental health) actually contacted the Sheriff's Department as part of an investigation and the department refused to share their info with the state.

Trump was pro 2A at CPAC today and spent a long time talking about armed teachers & staff being a component in addition to providing funding for guards. Seemed UBC/improved mental health record sharing was on the table only if linked with reciprocity and ending GFZs.

We've not had a President like him before so I keep forgetting that what President Trump says isn't necessarily what he's going to do, it's only a negotiating position.

President Trump made mincemeat out of the Democrats over the Dreamers by appearing to offer concessions but with conditions attached the Dems couldn't support. Maybe this is just more of the same.

Well both FL and VT governors, both republican, have given in.

Republican Gov. Phil Scott also recommended legislators consider raising the gun-buying age to 21, banning bump stocks and large-capacity magazines and providing $5 million in security grants to schools.

He has also called for immediate security reviews of schools over the next several weeks.

Scott said his position on gun control is changing following recent events.

"I have a huge responsibility as governor to try and keep Vermont and Vermonters as safe as possible," he said. "This is an area, regardless of the political fallout, I think is the path forward to keep Vermonters safer.”

He said Monday that if the Legislature passes a universal background check bill he would probably sign it.
Vermont governor proposes sweeping changes to state gun laws

The first proposal aims to increase the age requirement for purchasing any firearm from 18 to 21 years old. While most states have a 21-year-old requirement for handguns, long guns can be purchased at a lower age. The gunman in the latest school shooting in Florida is 19 years old, and purchased the firearm legally, although he should have been banned from purchasing.

The second proposal looks to make sure that mentally ill people, who are deemed unfit to own a firearm, are unable to purchase or own them. “I want to make it virtually impossible for anyone who has mental issues to use a gun,” Scott said. “I want to make it virtually impossible for anyone who is a danger to themselves or others to use a gun.

The third proposal is designed to ban the sale or purchase of ‘bump stocks’, the same type which was used in the Vegas shooting back in October.

FL Governor Rick Scott Calls For New Gun Laws In Wake Of School Shooting

- Raising the age to 21 seems likely, will it stand up in court?
Why wouldn't it? The handgun restriction of 21 has been in place since 68. All age based restrictions on just about anything, have withstood court scrutiny.

I was gung ho that nothing would come of this, but it seems lots of state level jackasses have been waiting for the signal to pounce. And pounce they have.

Even lady Shark Cage is saying something must be done. At that moment she points to me and says Not a word. My response, over my dead body

If every gun owner in the state was a member of the NRA and GOAL nobody would be banning anything. Unfortunately, people like to bitch and whine but they won't crack open their wallet when they should.

BINGO!!!

You don't want a ban, then spend your money and give to a pro-gun group (NRA, GOA, GOAL, NAGR, etc....) and on Monday PICK UP THE GODDAM PHONE AND CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AND CONGRESS!!!!! And follow-up with a letter!

Not all states are at the same place in the pendulum. VT has to catch up to MA before it can swing back to freedom. A friend was thinking of taking a job down south but one of the things that put him off was they are just getting started with liberal bullshit and are blind to its ramifications.

The leftivists had the oba,ma years to do all the banning they wanted too, but didn't. Also, notice that the leftivists only completely freak the f out about everything ONLY when RINOs are in power?

If it didnt happen after Sandy hook, with Obama and dem control of both house and Senate...Florida isnt going to do it.

Sandy hook was a close call, but if anything it helped shooting sport.

It just seems bad this time beacause all of the anti trump crowd is latching on to gun control....if the dems atempt anything it wil fail, and they wil lose at the polls.

Theres always a chance the Rs will back stab us...what trump says or does is irrelevant.

I think it's coming. One side is willing to back up their ideology with violent marches in the streets, and gun owners are willing to post angry thoughts online because we're actually level headed.

Most gun owners are responsible people who work at a job everyday who don’t have time to be prancing around in the streets being cuck social justice warriors...hell most us hardworking folks are supplementing these a**h***’s ability to fight against us. It just pisses me off to no end.

The Extreme Risk Protection Order legislation is gaining traction. The Statists want confiscation, and the place to start is whackos who the court can can justify as about to shoot up a school. Next stop, those who think they have an Indivdual right to protect themselves.

Law enforcement failed at so many levels and by multiple agencies with this last school murder spree.
But if this last indecent shows us anything. It is how completely incompetent they are at supposedly protecting and serving the people!
They failed at so many levels to do their job of protecting those kids.

I can see why so many own firearms to protect themselves!

Law enforcement could not stop a kid with warning signs from him of shooting up his school.

Good luck with them in taking them away from legal firearm owners that are in the right and determined to keep them!

With today's instant messaging the news would spread like wildfire that they are confiscating firearms door to door.

Within minutes legal firearm owners would make it impossible for those agencies looking for them to ever find them!

The constitution is on the firearm owners side. I think they know that.

Last edited:
The Extreme Risk Protection Order legislation is gaining traction. The Statists want confiscation, and the place to start is whackos who the court can can justify as about to shoot up a school. Next stop, those who think they have an Indivdual right to protect themselves.

It is a tug of war between them building ineffective legislation and then being ineffective at strategizing their legislation.

It would be even worse if they propperly understood guns as a whole.

Even lady Shark Cage is saying something must be done. At that moment she points to me and says Not a word. My response, over my dead body

Well, she IS right:

1. Repeal this Gun Free Schools nonsense and let willing faculty/staff carry. Provide ample training opportunities.

2. Thoroughly investigate the Broward Co. Sherriff's department, especially as relates to the PROMISE program and failure to prosecute serious crimes, and the (non-)response of deputies during an active shooter situation.

3. Clean house at the FBI: between their failures in this case, the Russiagate horsepoop, and the pass given to Clinton and friends, they've demonstrated they're a thoroughly incompetent if not downright corrupt organization.

Back
Top Bottom