• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker on WAAF about gun grabbing

Cryin' Faker said:
Ugh, but it's the law. And the law was passed in response to the worst possible tragedy imaginable, which is somebody taking that device ... anybody who heard that video or watched that video knows how incredibly deadly and dangerous that device was in the hands of that guy.

So, when are we going to enforce our immigration lawrs and send out letters to all immigrants that the illegal ones need to turn themselves in or else? In response to the Kate Steinly murder or any other tragedy involving illegals? WTF?

“But it’s the law” we know Baker. That’s why we’re upset. You passed a law to steal our property without compensation. I don’t care how f***ing dangerous you think it is, it has value and it was legally owned. You can’t take it without compensation. THAT is the law too.

See my post a couple before yours. ;-)

Nobody asked directly "Gov, do you feel people should be reimbursed for their property the state is taking, yes or no?".

Good one! Someone needs to call in to WAAF and complain about this. This needs to be repeated, over and over and over, in the newspapers, on the air, at luncheons, at EVERY EVENT THEY PUT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, when are we going to enforce our immigration lawrs and send out letters to all immigrants that the illegal ones need to turn themselves in or else? In response to the Kate Steinly murder or any other tragedy involving illegals? WTF?

The law is the law, right govnah?

What about UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Sadly this was a missed opportunity. The question should have been phrased to add "what about the 5th Amendment, taking of property without compensation?" He got to ignore that completely due to the way the question was posed to him.

phew, at least he supports 2A. I was getting a little worried there...

He stated " I say as somebody who supports a second amendment.' NOT that he supports THE second amendment!

So I'm sure that he'd be just fine with replacing the second amendment we currently have with a new second amendment . . . perhaps giving all illegal "residents" official legal status as citizens?

Words mean something and Faker isn't stupid, I suspect he used "a" intentionally and not the way we would prefer.

Come election time he will be the lesser of two evils.

Sadly true. I hope not to be a MA voter when this happens.

Nobody asked directly "Gov, do you feel people should be reimbursed for their property the state is taking, yes or no?".

He answered that . . . according to him it's an inconsequential amount of money (value) that we are forced to give up. No, the question needed to be addressed specific to the violation of the 5th Amendment, sadly opportunity lost.

He answered that . . . according to him it's an inconsequential amount of money (value) that we are forced to give up. No, the question needed to be addressed specific to the violation of the 5th Amendment, sadly opportunity lost.

Faker is an experienced whore ... ahem, I mean politician ... I'm sure that his answer would be something along the lines of you got 30 days to get rid of it or some other drivel. He ain't special, we know how they handle it. Besides, I'm sure he'll be back around election touting his support for 2a.

The Bill of Rights was ratified to protect the People from the States and the Fed (and the States from the Fed, to some extent), but in that order of priority.

f*** this a**h*** who is such a blatant hypocrite "being for the Second Amendment", but deferring to the State Legislature. What dick wad.

And yet there are republicans who still think he's awesome.[rolleyes] Looks like Daffy Duck is getting a write in for governor if someone doesn't primary him out.

so you'd vote for Healey over Faker ?

Well, we've lost more gun rights with Faker as Govenor than almost any other govenor that I can remember. I wouldn't vote for a Dem, but I'm definately not voting a second time for a fake republican. Let the state go to shxt. The sooner the better. The more they take the more people will wake up.

the only difference between Baker and Healey is that she is actively trying to strip the people of rights whereas he is comfortable taking a more backseat role in this process. it's like choosing between the primary perpetrator or an accomplice. to me it's all bad.

ultimately it boils down to whether they strip our rights by 1000x papercuts or they do it in a big sweeping grab. while i used to fear the big sweeping gun grab, over time i'm becoming more fearful of the 1000x papercuts approach because it seems more difficult to have it reversed by the courts or to win the support of those lost souls who occupy the so-called political middle ground. look at the bump stocks. it's a paper cut but the protectionist left knew they could have it without losing a single vote. so Baker will allow us to get eaten alive whereas Healey will go straight for our 2A and civil rights. while Healey would no doubt be a frightening governor I'm genuinely not convinced that in the long run Baker is any better.

I think if you have one of these 100-200 dollar devices, then you should get a tax credit on your MA taxes when you turn it in, Its only fair, 100-200 out of pocket is not small to ME. I work for a living!

How often does Faker do this show? Haunt them with the questions brought up here for the next one. Let him know this issue isn't going away with the explanation he gave.

Messed up that they want to take a dangerous plastic accessory away, but leave the actually deadly and dangerous gun and ammo alone... for now.

What is more deadly than the gun that we're trusted to have that accepts the accessory?

Once again, my head hurts.

When I file a "copy or duplicate" of my MA tax return, which will be somewhat similar to my actual tax return, I'll be sure to leave off only about $100-$200 in my favor.

No way can I pull the lever for this guy. Never again!
I’ll stay home before I vote for him.
The lesser of 2 evils is still evil!!
I fear a dem getting in but I still can’t vote for faker.

This POS was conveniently on vacation when his deputy signed it into law. Now he just wrings his hands because there's nothing he can do. All I ever hear this guy say is that he's powerless to do anything. Sounds like we don't need him, then.

I see no reason to have him in there.
Apparently the job comes with no authority to do anything except sign unconstitutional laws.
We won't miss a beat with him gone.

"And I can tell you this, if this was about taking peoples firearms, it would be a different issue from my point of view."
Such a lying sack of shit.

Vote vote vote
Spread the word with friends and family about Baker, Healy and All the other twats in public office. Get on Facebook, put signs over overpasses.

Tell everyone and get people to join freedoms side.

How often does Faker do this show? Haunt them with the questions brought up here for the next one. Let him know this issue isn't going away with the explanation he gave.

Messed up that they want to take a dangerous plastic accessory away, but leave the actually deadly and dangerous gun and ammo alone... for now.

What is more deadly than the gun that we're trusted to have that accepts the accessory?

Once again, my head hurts.
Hes on once a month

He could have at least thrown us a bone and vetoed it on 5th amendment grounds, they would have overridden like the pay raise. Such a phony, he has an ultra majority dem legislature that can and will override any veto, and doesn't have the balls to stand on the side that he pretends to be for.

Vote vote vote
Spread the word with friends and family about Baker, Healy and All the other twats in public office. Get on Facebook, put signs over overpasses.

Tell everyone and get people to join freedoms side.
The problem is that most people in MA hear this and approve. Strangely enough those same people see him say “I’m pro 2a” and believe it, then vote hardline D.

We get f***ed either way, as gun owners, R, D, L, I or anything else.

Piece of shit couldn't even be bothered to say "Well, the law should have addressed that, but the legislature chose not to, and that's quite obviously a problem for a lot of citizens. " Guy can't even cover his own ass, lol.

Not to mention when they first came out, slidefires were like $300 ish, and that was the dominant product for at least a couple of years.

-Mike

they were on classifieds for $700 or more [shocked] I bet some people thought it would 1986 all over.

I want to point out again that I have a gun where bumpstock is part of it, it can not be removed, it's a part of the firearm. This act IS gun grabbing, and no it's way more than $200, although it feels like governor has way too much money to burn to know how average working person pays for things.

they were on classifieds for $700 or more [shocked] I bet some people thought it would 1986 all over.

I want to point out again that I have a gun where bumpstock is part of it, it can not be removed, it's a part of the firearm. This act IS gun grabbing, and no it's way more than $200, although it feels like governor has way too much money to burn to know how average working person pays for things.
Can you send him a bill, and if he doesn't pay take him to small claims?

Can you send him a bill, and if he doesn't pay take him to small claims?

send the bill to whom? Public officials are immune from liability arising from their decisions in the public office. As Charlie would say, "I'm sorry Boris, but it's the law"

Back
Top Bottom