• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker on WAAF about gun grabbing

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
I realize that there are two threads already on bumpstocks, but this deserves a special thread because in a few short minutes is spells out everything you ever wanted to know about Fakers true attitude on 2a. When you get a temptation to vote Faker again, come back and re-read this thread.

The link to the show is here: Breakfast With Baker - State of the Commonwealth, it starts around min 4. I have saved a recording to haunt this piece of shit and made a transcript for the lazy bastids so people can quote Crying Charlie when he starts again about being a pro 2a candidate.

Transcript of Breakfast With Baker - State of the Commonwealth, Thur, 25th of Jan, 2018
The Hill-Man morning show

Greg Hill: Everybody is texting or asking earlier about if I am going to go all softball on you about bumpstock letters, can we start with that, because I got bunch of calls?

Faker: Sure

Greg Hill: Let's begin with Bill and I think Bill ... Bill you're on with governor Baker, it's breakfast with Baker on the Hill-Man morning show.

Caller Bill: Hey how are you governor?

Faker: 'morning

Caller Bill: So my issue is, ugh, in what the callers brought up earlier, is all these items that people bought that were legal are suddenly called that they can't have these items and they don't get reimbursed and feels to me like it's another stepping stone that our state is taking to make us who are law abiding gun owners not be able to own our weapons anymore. I mean, how long until we get a letter that says this particular weapon in my safe ugh no longer safe and I have to turn it in or else I am a criminal?

Greg Hill: All right, good question.

Faker: Yeah, ok, that's so Bill is raising a legitimate concern, ugh, and I say as somebody who supports a second amendment. The issue here has to do with a very particular add-on which is not part of a standard firearm. It's a device that people buy to change the nature of a traditional, existing firearm and to turn for all the intents and purpose into automatic weapon. And we all saw what it did in Las Vegas. And I think legislature on bipartisan bases, republicans and democrats voted for this. Voted to outlaw those particular devices in Massachusetts. One elements of the law that got passed are to insure that those devices are no longer present in Massachusetts or owned in Massachusetts. Folks in law enforcement had to send the letter to collect them and that's the process state has been going through. And I can tell you this, if this was about taking peoples firearms, it would be a different issue from my point of view.

Greg Hill: You would not stand for it?

Faker: I wouldn't. This device in particular, it's very hard to understand why would anyone wants to need one in the first place, but secondly seeing what that gentlemen did with that particular device ... I just think ... I just think not having them in the universe of accessories and add-ons for firearms here in Massachusetts is ... I actually think it's a good thing.

Danielle: Why is then state legislators are not pushing for a more strict nation-wide ban, when ok, we banned them in Mass, what would stop a criminal to go to New Hampshire to get one?

Faker: Ok, look, there is nothing ever to stop a criminal to stop going somewhere else, to get anything. I mean, we know, we know that there is market for anything legal or illegal, the view here was, in Massachusetts, when people may gripe about some of our gun laws, I happen to think that for the most part, they run the balance between protecting a public safety and still giving the people the ability to buy and own and enjoy ... the sportsman ... ship activity that are associated with gun ownership and for protection. And we have the lowest, depending how you do the math, how you do the calculations, we have the lowest or one of the very lowest gun violence rate per capita in every state and country and it seems like it's working.

Greg Hill: Is it fair that those people who purchased one, a year ago, five years ago, that they don't get reimbursed, they just have to turn that in? And it's gone? I mean, is that fair?

Faker: Ugh, well, it's the law, ok, yeah. I don't know what that part of the debate in legislature was about, but I think that price of one of these devices is somewhere between a hundred and two hundred bucks. And I am sure that for a lot of people it's a pain the in neck, it's incredibly inconvenient, and frankly for some people it's probably insulting, I get all that. Ugh, but it's the law. And the law was passed in response to the worst possible tragedy imaginable, which is somebody taking that device ... anybody who heard that video or watched that video knows how incredibly deadly and dangerous that device was in the hands of that guy.

Faker: Yeah, ok, that's so Bill is raising a legitimate concern, ugh, and I say as somebody who supports a second amendment. Your standard pol line
The issue here has to do with a very particular add-on which is not part of a standard firearm. It is for a couple of my guns. It's a device that people buy to change the nature of a traditional, existing firearm and to turn for all the intents and purpose into automatic weapon. clueless, but it's expected And we all saw what it did in Las Vegas. Insert some feelz and emotion And I think legislature on bipartisan bases, republicans and democrats voted for this. because being raped by a Rino feels so much better to gun owners Voted to outlaw those particular devices in Massachusetts. One elements of the law that got passed are to insure that those devices are no longer present in Massachusetts or owned in Massachusetts. I did not see that provision in the law about compensation or process to collect them Folks in law enforcement had to send the letter to collect them and that's the process state has been going through. And I can tell you this, if this was about taking peoples firearms, it would be a different issue from my point of view. You ARE taking a couple of my guns, registered and serialized.

Faker: I wouldn't. This device in particular, it's very hard to understand why would anyone wants to need one in the first place,
Solid f***ing gold, here it is folks, right here! You don't need this shit, peasant. 2a ... what? but secondly seeing what that gentlemen did with that particular device ... I just think ... I just think not having them in the universe of accessories and add-ons for firearms here in Massachusetts is ... I actually think it's a good thing. There ... "it's a good thing" remember this!

Danielle: Why is then state legislators are not pushing for a more strict nation-wide ban, when ok, we banned them in Mass, what would stop a criminal to go to New Hampshire to get one?

Faker: Ok, look, there is nothing ever to stop a criminal to stop going somewhere else, to get anything. I mean, we know, we know that there is market for anything legal or illegal, the view here was, in Massachusetts, when people may gripe about some of our gun laws, "Gripe" we f***ing "gripe" about our constitutional rights? No f***ing shit, huh! That's Faker in the nutshell, peasants bitching about some rights, STFU already damned peasants! I happen to think that for the most part, they run the balance between protecting a public safety and still giving the people the ability to buy and own and enjoy ... the sportsman ... ship activity that are associated with gun ownership and for protection. That's a great summary of 2a, "the sportsman ... ship activity that are associated with gun ownership and for protection" And we have the lowest, depending how you do the math, yeah, however you need to do the math to justify your bullshit how you do the calculations, we have the lowest or one of the very lowest gun violence rate per capita in every state and country and it seems like it's working.

Greg Hill: Is it fair that those people who purchased one, a year ago, five years ago, that they don't get reimbursed, they just have to turn that in? And it's gone? I mean, is that fair?

Faker: Ugh, well, it's the law, ok, yeah. I don't know what that part of the debate in legislature was about, there was no debate about just compensation, none but I think that price of one of these devices is somewhere between a hundred and two hundred bucks. and here Faker defines the pain point of the Mass tax payers. You can rob them of no more than 100-200 "bucks" or they will do something. Anything under is ok. And I am sure that for a lot of people it's a pain the in neck, it's incredibly inconvenient, and frankly for some people it's probably insulting, I get all that. so robbery is "inconvenient"? Infringing on 2a is "inconvenient"??? Ugh, but it's the law. And the law was passed in response to the worst possible tragedy imaginable, no you lying piece of shit, it's not the worst imaginable tragedy, the real tragedy is that our Constitution is used as toilet paper by pieces of shit like you which is somebody taking that device ... anybody who heard that video or watched that video knows how incredibly deadly and dangerous that device was in the hands of that guy.

Nobody talks about how those people are lucky he used a bump stock because he only got eight more kills than one Isis guy with one semi auto in a gay nightclub because the bump stock makes the gun jump so much you can't tame it and hit anything.

Had hundreds of potentials in the nightclub and thousands in Las Vegas, the percentages are so far off it would be laughable if not for the circumstances.

This POS was conveniently on vacation when his deputy signed it into law. Now he just wrings his hands because there's nothing he can do. All I ever hear this guy say is that he's powerless to do anything. Sounds like we don't need him, then.

So a bump stock MIGHT have been used exactly ONE time in the history of the universe during the commission of a crime on the other side of the country and now we all have to turn them over for destruction without compensation or become felons and the GOV is completely cool with that. Meantime a dozen people a day OD and the state sets up needle exchanges so they won't get hepatitis.

This POS was conveniently on vacation when his deputy signed it into law. Now he just wrings his hands because there's nothing he can do. All I ever hear this guy say is that he's powerless to do anything. Sounds like we don't need him, then.

Faker is pretty much useless and endorses unconstitutional infringements.
Vetoes are a joke with the one party legislature and budget overides.

I was waiting for him to say Polito did it, another RINO.

I don't even see this mentioned here:
Breakfast With Baker - State of the Commonwealth

"I get all that. Ugh, but it's the law." - C. Baker

What a statesman.

Uncompensated confiscation of personal property is exactly that whether it is worth $20, $200 or $2 million; just as rape is still rape whether it was for 5 minutes or 5 hours.

Wait, isn't taking something without compensation ALSO THE LAW? In fact, doesn't THIS LAW come BEFORE the new one being discussed here?????

This one jumped out at me:
Faker: ... And I can tell you this, if this was about taking peoples firearms, it would be a different issue from my point of view.

Faker: I wouldn't. ...
Glad to know you've got our backs when Healey decides to come for all her "illegal copy-cat assault weapons".

“But it’s the law” we know Baker. That’s why we’re upset. You passed a law to steal our property without compensation. I don’t care how f***ing dangerous you think it is, it has value and it was legally owned. You can’t take it without compensation. THAT is the law too.

Back
Top Bottom