AZ - Jose Guerena Shot 60 Times By SWAT Team

So, it would appear that homeowners should possess/install some kind of hard cover from behind which to "greet" people breaking into the house. Maybe a vest (and helmet?) for proper attire when investigating things going bump in the night, as well?

I guess my "Gun owner personal armored sleep coffin" idea might actually have legs, if this crap keeps happening.

-Mike

So, it would appear that homeowners should possess/install some kind of hard cover from behind which to "greet" people breaking into the house. Maybe a vest (and helmet?) for proper attire when investigating things going bump in the night, as well?

My new front door....

Covey_Vault_Door%20003.jpg

Reinforced cover? A safe room? What kind of terrorist are you? Are you expected to get in to a shoot out with the police??? (What the prosecutor will say)

Based on this article, one should be more concerned about living long enough to even face a prosecutor.

I suppose that reinforcing the exterior entry doors to make them very hard to breach is impractical?

ETS: just saw Chris' post. LOL

I read another article that said they thought he shot at them, but after investigating one of the SWAT members tripped and shot the door frame which then sprayed wood fragments over their shields and that is what caused the firing to begin. I'll see if I can find the link to it.

See panels 16 through 18.
http://www.teamfortress.com/war/soldier/

03.jpg

Sorry for the very large image...

Based on this article, one should be more concerned about living long enough to even face a prosecutor.

yeas yeah, I know.....
If I owned my own house and had the money, I would absolutely do something like that. As well as surveillance cameras with microphones and speakers so you can communicate with the cops/intruders while being a "barricaded suspect".

Pima County Sheriff’s Department
MEDIA RELEASE
Clarence W. Dupnik,
Sheriff of Pima County
Officer Involved Shooting - Update

May 18, 2011

As a result of the need for information surrounding the shooting of Jose Guerena by members of the Pima Regional SWAT Team, the public has received misinformation and emotionally-charged speculation.

The investigation that lead to the service of the search warrants on May 5 is a complicated one involving multiple people suspected of very serious crimes. Sometimes, law enforcement agencies must choose between the desire of the public to quickly know details, and the very real threat to innocent lives if those details are released prematurely. Sheriff Dupnik has made it a departmental policy to be open and forthcoming with information released to the news media. When the decision is made to withhold information, as it has been in this case, there is a legitimate reason for that decision. The day the search warrant was served, we reported to the media that Mr. Guerena fired at SWAT officers. This is what was understood at that time. After a more detailed investigation, we learned that he pointed his assault rifle at SWAT officers, however, the safety was on and he could not fire. This is a clear example of erroneous information being provided without careful investigation. Rather than risking the release of further information, it is imperative that we complete all aspects of this investigation.

Complicating matters is the fact that multiple agencies were involved in this incident. The criminal investigation must be completed, in addition to the investigation by the County Attorney's office, prior to any administrative review of the actions of the officers involved in the shooting. By mutual agreement, that administrative review will include officials from the Pima County Sheriff's Department, the Marana Police Department, the Oro Valley Police Department and the Sahuarita Police Department. Each of these agencies had officers involved in the shooting as members of the Pima Regional SWAT Team.

Since the Sheriff's Department has had such a long-standing practice of open and timely communication with members of the news media, it is understandable that questions are asked about when more information will become available. However, it is unacceptable and irresponsible to couch those questions with implications of secrecy and a cover-up, not to mention questioning the legality of actions that could not have been taken without the approval of an impartial judge. As a law enforcement professional with decades of experience, Sheriff Dupnik will make the decision to release the information when the investigation is completed, the danger to innocent lives has been mitigated, and all agencies involved have been given the opportunity to review the actions of their personnel.

Deputy Jason S. Ogan
Public Information Officer
Pima County Sheriff’s Department
(520) 351-3121
[email protected]
[email protected]
www.pimasheriff.org

I read another article that said they thought he shot at them, but after investigating one of the SWAT members tripped and shot the door frame which then sprayed wood fragments over their shields and that is what caused the firing to begin. I'll see if I can find the link to it.

I had a feeling it was a result of an ND. Some guy had an ND, and then everyone else assumed they were taking fire, and then just unloaded on the guy...

The investigation that lead to the service of the search warrants on May 5 is a complicated one involving multiple people suspected of very serious crimes. Sometimes, law enforcement agencies must choose between the desire of the public to quickly know details, and the very real threat to innocent lives if those details are released prematurely.

I'm not sure how there's any more of a threat to innocent people since they seem to have no problem shooting you to death. Exactly who is the threat to society again?

They're still not saying what the warrants were actually for, so I'm guessing its a giant pile of BS.

I'm guessing SWAT kicked down his door and wet themselves when they saw the poor guy standing in his boxers in his kitchen holding an AR that probably wasn't even at the ready. Draw your own conclusions from there.

I'm not sure how there's any more of a threat to innocent people since they seem to have no problem shooting you to death. Exactly who is the threat to society again?

They're still not saying what the warrants were actually for, so I'm guessing its a giant pile of BS.

The Patton quote in your sig is relevant to this thread.

Oh. NOW they're concerned with the safety of innocents.

I had a feeling it was a result of an ND. Some guy had an ND, and then everyone else assumed they were taking fire, and then just unloaded on the guy...
I guess even swat officers forget the 3 basic rules of firearms! KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE!!!

There is no reason to resist the police, if you're not a criminal.

If they come at 2AM and kick in the door, they obviously have a good reason

And, in the unlikely event that a mistake is made, you'll get a sincere public apology.

I mean, we're living in a country where we have constitutional protections, right?

Didn't we fight a war or two to make sure that Draconian goverments would be kept down?

The Sheriff should be dragged into the street and tried by his citizens. This shouldn't just be the end of his career, but also the end of his freedom.

I hope that not a single swat member who pulled the trigger on that Marine ever works another day in law enforcement.

The criminal investigation must be completed, in addition to the investigation by the County Attorney's office, prior to any administrative review of the actions of the officers involved in the shooting.

Yes, they need time to think up a good cover story and to plant evidence in the poor bastard's house.

In this case, they probably would have slaughtered him with our without a rifle in his hand.

You can't resist an unlawful search/home invasion.
You can't resist an unlawful arrest.
If one of them can't stand the pressure and fires negligently, they'll all shoot at you until empty.

Wonderful.

Great video of some Lt., and had some good details in it.

Apparently it's a bad idea to paint interior walls and ceiling a dark color. I guess i'll have to paint all my walls and ceiling contstruction yellow now.....

He also mentioned they found some stuff in the apartment like papers and stuff..... Must have been very urgent.

I still can't wrap my head around 60 shots. it's insane.

"and all agencies involved have been given the opportunity to review the actions of their personnel."

[angry2] This is the crap that needs to end!!! Police Departments everywhere need to answer to a CIVILIAN board of overseers.

We followed policy and procedure. The usual BS.

A brother Marine is dead, his wife is a widow and his kid has no father. All because the poor S.O.B. worked the night shift.

The Sheriff should be dragged into the street and tried by his citizens. This shouldn't just be the end of his career, but also the end of his freedom.

I hope that not a single swat member who pulled the trigger on that Marine ever works another day in law enforcement.

This whole force needs to be defunded. The is no reason to keep hacks like this on the payroll.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom