AZ - Jose Guerena Shot 60 Times By SWAT Team

That's not the part I find questionable. Put you or I in that spot, and we shot a man lugging around an oxygen tank, and I'm sure it would be more than an 'unfortunate' event.

So the guy who pulls me over for speeding has a camera and microphone on, but the 5 SWAT members breaching a door serving a "high risk" warrent have no actual record of what happened.

Forget for a moment that they (arguably) had no reason to enter the home, if there's nothing to hide, release the entry video and "clear" your officers

The good news is that the cops all made it home safely, and the paramedics didn't have to enter a dangerous situation (whole other topic, dozens of cops, lights and sirens everywhere, guy laying on the floor, and the paramedics couldn't enter the scene because it was dangerous? I would think that would have been the safest place in the city, shot "bad guy" and cops everywhere)

That's not the part I find questionable. Put you or I in that spot, and we shot a man lugging around an oxygen tank, and I'm sure it would be more than an 'unfortunate' event.

He wasn't "lugging around an oxygen tank". [rolleyes]

He was carrying a metal stake, which he assaulted the homeowner with, after forcefully entering his home.

Pull your head out, then read the facts surrounding that incident. It was a home attack/invasion as far as the shooter was concerned. [rolleyes]

I call BS on this whole story - they even pointed a gun at the wife holding the baby - Ruby Ridge anyone.

If you think this can't happen where you live - YOU ARE WRONG. If the State Police or Fed's decide to raid your house - you too could have a thread on NES.

The Victim is at fault so says the Lt. - ARE YOU KIDDING ME. The Marine is 'Crounched and Ready to Fire' but still has the safety on and couldn't click it off and fire? A MARINE ?!?!?!?

Things (suspected) of currently going on by me:
"Boy it would be a shame if this home was unfit for the child", "Are you a legal resident Mrs Marine?", "No non-contraband items were seized were they Mrs. Marine"

This above is actually going on in Philly with Josh Taylor (read on another site) the FOP lawyers have been to see her.

As for me, I'm going to do some 'cover enhancements' to my bedroom that overlooks the stairs and front door; nothing visible - but it will be effective.

Last edited:
This smells like a set up, this boy knew something or did something and it was time to shut him up.

Pull your head out, then read the facts surrounding that incident. It was a home attack/invasion as far as the shooter was concerned. [rolleyes]

I did just that. I read the first link and the exerpts in yhe thread. I compltetly missed the 2nd article related to it where they describe the events more concisely than the initial one i read. Having read the more detailed story i can see i was ill informed when making my first reference.

Collateral damage in the war on drugs. Remember, it's for the children. Mistakes will be made sometimes, but the cost of ending the war on drugs is far higher, etc. etc.

If that fails, they'll find evidence that he was a terrorist too.

I have an idea for ending the war on drugs. Pack up the war and go home. Let adults choose what they want to put in their own bodies.

Is NES anti-cop?

Some in the law enforcement profession may think so, but IMHO I think most people that are on NES are pro constitution, pro civil rights for all, and believe that those enforcing the laws should never be above the law. It seems to many of us, especially after 9/11 and passage of the Patriot Act, that the police have acted in a more egregious manner towards the rest of us. Many of us who have always supported the police and law and order unconditionally in the past (and there are many I think who can make that claim on this forum) have become disturbed over the actions of many police departments in recent years.

I think it is important to recognize that many times the police face difficult tasks in the execution of their duties, face danger and may not make it home after their shift is over. I also believe that the police have become increasingly a class in society where entitlement comes before duty. Interestingly enough when I have shared this observation with older, senior officers, they agree.

I think overall, that lawful and responsible gun owners are tired of being dumped on and vilified and being viewed as threat by the police, whether in Arizona, Massachusetts or points in between. This may be perception, but perception is reality.

These are entirely my views and do not reflect anyone else's or the management of NES.

Mark L.

Last edited:
Is NES anti-cop - NO, ANTI-CRIME >>>>>>>> NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW

Another thing that just hit me is the 911 call... If this was a 'high risk entry' shouldn't everyone in the house been put in the felony position, cuffed, and hauled out until things were sorted out? HOW DID SHE CALL 911?

Another thing that just hit me is the 911 call... If this was a 'high risk entry' shouldn't everyone in the house been put in the felony position, cuffed, and hauled out until things were sorted out? HOW DID SHE CALL 911?

The family's lawyer is asking the same question...

.....how could wife Vanessa call 9-1-1 from inside her house? And, stay on the phone for roughly 10-minutes? All by herself after SWAT just raided her home? The family's lawyer is stumped.

"Is it your understanding that protocol would call for SWAT to go through that home, clear it and then bring Vanessa and the child out, and not let them linger in there for 10 minutes?" KGUN9 asked. "That is my understanding, and considering what happened and the size of the house, that wouldn't have taken very long at all," said Guerena family attorney, Christopher Scileppi.

More questions than answers, and a whole lot of bewilderment. "Do you have a single biggest concern about this case right now?" KGUN9 asked. "I think it's tragic on so many levels. On a human level, (it was) tragic. My biggest question is: why was Jose denied medical attention?" wondered Scileppi.

A 9 On Your Side Investigation uncovered it took 1-hour-and-14-minutes before the Marine was allowed medical care. But, by then, it was too late, "His last thoughts were I'm defending my home, my wife and my children from a home invasion," said Scileppi.....

http://www.kgun9.com/story/14674077/marines-lawyer-opens-up-about-swat-questions-dupnik

Some in the law enforcement profession may think so, but IMHO I think most people that are on NES are pro constitution, pro civil rights for all, and believe that those enforcing the laws should never be above the law. It seems to many of us, especially after 9/11 and passage of the Patriot Act, that the police have acted in a more egregious manner towards the rest of us. Many of us who have always supported the police and law and order unconditionally in the past (and there are many I think who can make that claim on this forum) have become disturbed over the actions of many police departments in recent years.

I think it is important to recognize that many times the police face difficult tasks in the execution of their duties, face danger and may not make it home after their shift is over. I also believe that the police have become increasingly a class in society where entitlement comes before duty. Interestingly enough when I have shared this observation with older, senior officers, they agree.

I think overall, that lawful and responsible gun owners are tired of being dumped on and vilified and being viewed as threat by the police, whether in Arizona, Massachusetts or points in between. This may be perception, but perception is reality.

These are entirely my views and do not reflect anyone else's or the management of NES.

Mark L.

Only when some animals are more equal than others.

Nope, anti-moron, which includes the cops in this story and the people who take up their flag to apologize for and defend them

nope, we're pro citizen

Nope, anti-tyranny.

I know guys, I was being sarcastic.

Well, in the cops' defense, the guy was wearing this:
3332812.jpg

Back
Top Bottom