AZ - Jose Guerena Shot 60 Times By SWAT Team

Back in the day, when I lived in Tucson, I knew a few deputies on the Pima County Sheriff's Department. The guys I knew were a pretty decent bunch and very knowledgeable about firearms. In fact one of them worked on a .45 that I had at the time, and you would usually see a cruiser parked in front of Jensen's Custom Ammunition on Pima St. Jensen's was hands down, the best gun shop I have ever been to in my life (now gone). The guys I knew were very pro-2A.

Well now we are in 2011, and it appears that things may have changed in the Old Pueblo and in Pima County. For those of you who extol the virtues of the so-called "free states"...look where this increasingly routine incident occurred: Arizona. Sheriff Dupnik for the record, is a Democrat and not very pro-gun. The moral of the story is that no place in Amerika are you totally safe. The victim died an innocent man because he did not have his day in court. Maybe he was a bad guy and maybe not. We will never know the real truth, just the official version.

Mark L.

You would think that with the negative press the PD would release any evidence that proves they were in the right.

The nasty, suspicious part of my mind says that they're still trying to manufacture evidence to clear themselves.

Seriously... why aren't these guys under suspension? Or arrest? Hell, why hasn't an wrongful death suit been filed by the widow and FOIA requests made - or does "sealing" the records trump FOIA?

This is such a scary scenario. I don't live in a bad neighborhood, but there is one house close by where there's suspicious activity...just makes me think.

There is shady business going down in my apartment complex. Whenever I shoot the shat with Maintenance they tell me horror stories about some of the other units occupants. If the Dominos delivery guy can't get my apartment correct, I have very little faith that the police wouldn't make the same mistake and accidentally pay a visit to myself or one of my other 'good' neighbors by accident.

With the attitudes that are in place, I see it as a very small step from the over-reaction to finding some spent .22 brass on the floor of a school to incidents like this. From the info available, seems like a trained marine addressed an unknown armed threat on his property with his weapon on safe. Comparitively inexperienced trigger happy nervous cops mowed him down at the mere sight of a weapon. Seriously, 60 shots? At what point do you stop pissing your pants to realize he is no longer (was not to begin with) a threat.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I totally agree...

A marine who didn't have time to even flip the safety off is man who was mowed down on purpose.

This. If he was shot a few times, I might be inclined to possibly believe that he threatened the officers and they fired in "defense". The fact that he got hit 60 times and over 70 shots were fired at him is proof posetive that this was intent to murder.

Holy Crap:

O'Connor: "It appears that it was 71 rounds were fired."

Waldman: "Someone on the street might perceive that as excessive force. In your opinion as a law enforcement officer, was it?"

O'Connor: "No, it's not, for a couple of reasons. One, this was an operation being conducted by SWAT members. They have special weapons when they're doing this. Also, where this occurred: There were five officers at the door beginning to make entry into this home, when they engaged this individual that they believed was actually firing at them. They're going to fire until that threat is no longer. And in this case, they fired those rounds in approximately seven seconds. So, it may sound like it's a high number. But when you have five officers firing semi-automatic weapons, that can be done in less than seven seconds, and that's what happened in this case."

7 seconds??? Who the hell fires for 7 seconds at one guy? In seven seconds I can unload multiple mags pistol or rifle. Is he saying officers reloaded and continued shooting?

Last edited:
Also, if they was really waiting for them there would be a pile of dead cops. No marine who's ready to shoot waits for them to bust the door down. He shoots thru it.

Amazing.

Dupnik couldn't wait to get in front of the cameras to blame the right wing, tea partiers and anyone else who didn't share his political beliefs when Gifford was shot.

Now that his department is responsible for the death of an innocent Marine, he won't say a damned thing.

Five paragraphs of vituperation deleted. I'll write it again - maybe - when I'm calmer.

RIP, Marine.

halfmast.gif

O'Connor: "Absolutely. Those are very specific cases when it's a no-knock warrant. This was not a no-knock warrant. This case was, we came in very high profile, lights and sirens. We go to the door, we pound on the door. We wait approximately 15 seconds. If no one answers the door, we breach the door with a heavy tool and open the door.

And we're supposed to believe that this guy, who was asleep, got woken up by his wife, got his AR15 AND got to the door in 15 seconds? After two hours of sleep - isn't that time when you're in the deepest sleep of the sleep cycle? Does anyone else think that this stinks to high heaven? I'd like to know who actually thinks that 15 seconds is a fair amount of time to leave - sounds to me like they just can't WAIT to use their shiny new door-knocker. And it sounds to me like the story is... hell, this whole affair is a big, steaming pile of bullsh*t.

Bullshit.jpg

Last edited:
There were five officers at the door beginning to make entry into this home, when they engaged this individual that they believed was actually firing at them.
I guess they heard the sound of their fellow comrades firing and decided to join in.

There is some good news in the story though: all the cops and SWAT officers got home safe.

They wonder why we can't stand them. Sure, there are good cops out there....but I don't see them trying to weed out the bad ones. So, until they do that...
this is my response
images-ImTrippingYou_Fullpic_1.gif

"Errrr captain, the civilians don't like us, what should we do?"
Maybe if they want to get a better public image, it MIGHT be a good idea to stop shooting people (and dogs)....novel thought right?

guinness-brilliant.jpg

O'Connor: "This case involves a narcotics conspiracy case, which means that we are looking for a lot of different narcotics related material. That can be drug ledgers, scales, anything that would be in furtherance of this narcotics conspiracy. And it involved all four residents that we were looking at in that quarter mile of so of each other."

How is this for vague. We aren't actually looking for drugs or an actual crime but evidence of a drug conspiracy.

O'Connor: "We did find things that we were asking for in that. It may have been drug ledgers, narcotics paraphernalia, any other connecting material between the residences. Those things were found, in addition to a large sum of money. Somewhat larger that what you would expect to find in anyone's home."

Which means out of the 4 residences they found things. But they are not saying they found anything at this guy's place but don't ask him that...

Waldman: "Can you say if that was the residence where the shooting happened?"

O'Connor: "No, it was one of the four, but it was not that residence."

Doh! They asked.

Why will I not be surprised when the sheriff blames the fact that he had a gun on him for his death. Had he just acquiesced to the sheriffs demands then he would be just fine...

So, it would appear that homeowners should possess/install some kind of hard cover from behind which to "greet" people breaking into the house. Maybe a vest (and helmet?) for proper attire when investigating things going bump in the night, as well?

So, it would appear that homeowners should possess/install some kind of hard cover from behind which to "greet" people breaking into the house. Maybe a vest (and helmet?) for proper attire when investigating things going bump in the night, as well?

Reinforced cover? A safe room? What kind of terrorist are you? Are you expected to get in to a shoot out with the police??? (What the prosecutor will say)

Back
Top Bottom