ATF intends to reclassify and ban "armor piercing" ammo including M855

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're just concerned for their friends when the disarmament starts...

un_blue_helmet.jpg

The market is amazingly efficient.

When something like this happens, it only takes a few minutes for suppliers at both the wholesale and retail level to be either sold out, raise their prices, or both. If you heard about this today, you are probably to late to buy anything at the old prices.

I have a 150 rounds of these if anyone wants to buy or trade for them....I have them stored in a metal ammo can so I'll sell them in one of those little plastic american eagle containers....ok to pm me here.

Why make it easy for them. Do both. Make them answer the damned email and train more. Email takes 2 minutes. The 'sporting purposes' is the same language they use turned back on them.

There is no sporting purpose for M855. I freely admit that. It's purpose is for shooting people through minor cover.

The only reason M855 even exists is because of the ridiculous international laws that we shouldn't be following. The military should be running HP ammo or real Tungsten/depleted uranium AP. All current military small arms ammo is specifically designed to be less lethal by international law. This is mind bogglingly stupid.

Really there's no reason to buy m855 over M193 anyway. M193 is superior in every way to beating body armor.

There is no sporting purpose for M855. I freely admit that. It's purpose is for shooting people through minor cover.

The only reason M855 even exists is because of the ridiculous international laws that we shouldn't be following. The military should be running HP ammo or real Tungsten/depleted uranium AP. All current military small arms ammo is specifically designed to be less lethal by international law. This is mind bogglingly stupid.

Really there's no reason to buy m855 over M193 anyway. M193 is superior in every way to beating body armor.

I agree with you, but please stop repeating that fact because the m193 will be next!

They will keep chipping at it until we are reduced to 22lr@ 400fps.
I see a phrase more and more....." high capacity ammunition" I don't believe this is,spoken of stupidity. Redefine the meanings as ATF can do with out any over sight and hi cap ammo will make the list.

We either have to get back to the laws of the constitution or we are screwed.

They won't let us keep 400fps 22lr! Do you have any idea how quiet those rounds are? Total master assassin round.

They will keep chipping at it until we are reduced to 22lr@ 400fps.
I see a phrase more and more....." high capacity ammunition" I don't believe this is,spoken of stupidity. Redefine the meanings as ATF can do with out any over sight and hi cap ammo will make the list.

We either have to get back to the laws of the constitution or we are screwed.

By the Miller case from the 1930's, shouldn't we be allowed to have anything "with military use", or something like that?

Sporting purposes? Yeah I don't need to read any further than that.

I don't write letters about things like this because it would read "We have a right to buy any type of ammunition we want to use to shoot people like you with."

Don't wrote letters. Just buy more ammo and train more.

Actually, that line makes a good letter:

To whom it may concern:

Under the second amendment of the US Constitution, which states in part "shall not be infringed," we the people have a right to buy any type of ammunition we want to use to shoot tyrants like you with.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

By the Miller case from the 1930's, shouldn't we be allowed to have anything "with military use", or something like that?

Miller is crap and not worth citing for much. It's the biggest non decision the court ever made.

What's actually amazing about cases like that is they were ever allowed to even happen. You should not be allowed to hold a case without a defendant period, let alone a SCOTUS case that affects other people outside of the case.

There's a thread here where some NESers were torture testing some Body armor plates against steel. The M193 burned through the steel where the 855 bounced off. Irony.

Was going to mention this. On the other hand I guess I'll keep all my black tip for my Garand stashed away. Was fun seeing what you could get it to punch through, guess i'll stop "wasting" it.

Was going to mention this. On the other hand I guess I'll keep all my black tip for my Garand stashed away. Was fun seeing what you could get it to punch through, guess i'll stop "wasting" it.

Yeah..hang on to the black tip 30.06 I had some of that stuff and it shot clean through 3/4" steel I-beam...and kept going..... very impressive stuff...

I'm really getting sick of this crap, pricing and availability has just started to recover after the full retard panic buying created by Newtown. Now everyone is going to be stripping the shelves of m855 and drying that up all over again. Glad I have plenty, but now it's almost useless because I'll be afraid the shoot it and waste any for fear of not being able to replace what I have.[angry]

I'm really getting sick of this crap, pricing and availability has just started to recover after the full retard panic buying created by Newtown. Now everyone is going to be stripping the shelves of m855 and drying that up all over again. Glad I have plenty, but now it's almost useless because I'll be afraid the shoot it and waste any for fear of not being able to replace what I have.[angry]

Did you think they were going to sit on their hands and give up the fight to disarm the public?

On the plus side, when mr.afermitive action's term is up,
the next admin will be holding a massive surplus sale of ammo.[grin]

The 2A was written with the intent that we the people would be able to stand up to all enemies foreign and domestic.
Once again our criminal govt. is exceeding their authority.

Here's a summary of what I said

Dear sir or madam,

The on the removal of the sporting exemption on M855 ammunition should NOT move forward. This is the most popular bullet weight in this caliber for accuracy and performance. This is NOT an armor piercing round even by the legal definition as the round has a lead core, not one of the metals called out in the law.

This is an overstepping of authority that will do nothing to make the public safer. It will merely make life more difficult for millions of law abiding gun owners.
Good job , I wrote also, trying to sound dispationate and logical, my attempt anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom